Milkshape

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Milkshape

David819(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hi does anyone know where i can get a tutorials on making anime heads for milkshape cause i have been searching on google and had no luck.

Perturbatio(Posted 2003) [#2]
I think you may be looking too specifically, try just looking for anime head modelling tutorials, ok, it may not be specific to milkshape but it would make it easier for you to figure out yourself.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#3]
Or even just generally low pol head modeling tutorials. A lot of people tend to do anime style so a more general search may turn up some gems. I wish I remembered the URL but I seem to recall there being a tutorial somewhere on modeling low-pol Dragonball Z characters.

David819(Posted 2003) [#4]
Thanks i'll try that. thanks again.

BHoltzman(Posted 2003) [#5]
If you can draw in anime style then you can use the rotoscoping technique.

Draw the anime character's head from top, side and front views. Then you stick those views into their respective orthoginal counterparts in the view ports of your modeling program.

Then you can model. My favorite modeling method is by taking a cube primitive and extruding the faces and lining up the points with the picture in the orthoginal view ports. In the areas that you need more detail you just add more vertices to the edges and then place them.

My favorite layout to work in is the traditional quad view and it's helpful if your modeling program has at least an auto framing function to move each view port onto the active component being edited and the ability to zoom in rotoscoping mode while keeping the zoom level perceptively the same as the zoom level for the geometry.

There are other methods that work quicker than what I described here. There is a program called ZBrush that has an extremely intuivite and quick modeling tool called ZSpheres. If you're interested try visiting
http://www.pixologic.com

The program is more expensive than Milkshape, but it takes a lot of the work out of making models.

Take Care,

Ben