how I load .CSM (Cartography Shop Map) in .bb code?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/how I load .CSM (Cartography Shop Map) in .bb code?

Agoeiro(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hi
I find the Singularity sample
but her source-code is incomplete
I want load .csm files made in Cshop
because I have a big map with more than 5 mb of size
and when I export this map to .b3d format
I canīt get to load this .b3d file with the comand line
city=LoadMesh("city.b3d") ; map with 5 mb !
because return a error ! (Memory acess violation!)
but when I use a .b3d map file with 2.5 mb
load normally

please help me

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#2]
Ag,

You cannot load b3d files into Singularity if you want to use entities set up in CShop, you must load the .csm file.

The memory access means that a texture or the level mesh itself is not being ointed too correctly.

Look at the filepath to the textures, make sure the ones used in CSHop are in the Singularity directory structure.

IPete2.

Agoeiro(Posted 2003) [#3]
So how I load the .csm file in blitz code

Agoeiro(Posted 2003) [#4]
??

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#5]
Ag,

If you are loading '*.csm' into Singularity, just replace the current csm with your file name. Make sure all the textures are in the right place.

If you want to use a CShop map inside Blitz, without Singularity then just use LoadMesh.(Although someone has said it only works with LoadAnimMesh - I cannot confirm that). Again make sure ALL textures are in the right place. If you are using CShop and you try to load from Singularity, there is a textures path - you can adjust that to show Blitz where your textures are kept.

I think SIngularity has it's own loadlevel function, which you would need to look at to determine how to load it into Blitz - not using Singularity.

IPete2.

Matt2222(Posted 2003) [#6]
Here is the deal.....
What pete is talking about is a FPS engine created by Josh Klint(the creator of CShop) named "Singularity". It is made to support .csm files directly. You can get it here:
www.leadwerks.com/Singularity3.03a
Download this, set it up and it should work.
Tell me if you have questions, as I can probably answer them(Pete and I are working with josh on the engine).

-Matt Gilg

Agoeiro(Posted 2003) [#7]
www.leadwerks.com/Singularity3.03a
this link is invalid!
I need a example in .bb code
loading .csm (cshop) files in blitzbasic
please

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#8]
Agoeiro,

Please wait until tonight UK time. I'll send you a zip containing the stuff you need to look through.

IPete2.

Agoeiro(Posted 2003) [#9]
my email is fabiomartins@...
when you will go to send?
resgards

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#10]
Ag,

Very sorry I got distratced last night, so I'll send it to you now. :)

It should be waiting for you...

IPete2.

Happy Sammy(Posted 2006) [#11]
Hi IPeter2,

I am also interested in this prg. Could you send me a copy ?
my email is imagination304@...
Thanks in advance.
Sammy
:)

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#12]
Happy Sammy,

You're optomistic aren't you? :)

What were you looking for specifically - it's not currently on my main hard drive but if I can help I'll try.

IPete2.

Happy Sammy(Posted 2006) [#13]
Hi IPete2,

Thank you for your reply.
I am just interested in Singularity source code. It was in showcase.
www.leadwerks.com/Singularity3.03a.zip
Now, it is not available. According to the past comments of it, it seems we could learn a lot from the codes.

And from your above post for Agoeiro, you might have the file. That's why I post here. Sorry to bother you.
If you have Singularity3.03a.zip, Could you send me one?

Thanks
Sammy

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#14]
Okay Happy,

Check your email today - I have sent you a link to download this version of Singularity...Singularity301.zip

This is the working version I have on a DVD backup which I have dug out for you. You can download this, unzip it and run it in B3d and it works (I checked before posting). This is another fine example of Josh Klints understanding and passion of programming. Although the level is basic there were a number of other maps available during it's time. Each featured things which were very advanced compared to everything else I have seen done in Bilitz so far - with maybe the exception of Filax's Egyptian project.

If you are interested in this I have a way of using CSHOP to set up doors, moving platforms and lifts etc. All with keys - it has been a while but it works fine as long as you manage the creation correctly.

Both the Ancient Tomb videos on Leadwerks website have doors created using this system in CSHOP. Load the csm and voila working doors, it was very neat.

IPete2.

Happy Sammy(Posted 2006) [#15]
Hi IPete2,

You are very nice and helpful.
Thank you very much!!! It works!
From your point of view, which one is easy to build a map with Blitz3d: CSHOP / 3Dworld studio / Quill3D ?

Sammy

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#16]
Happy,

Actually these are two quite different programs and it is far to large a question to be anwsered simply, I think it will depend on your preference and your requirements.

CShop/3DWorld Studio is much easier to use, and can be used to create certain types of levels very quickly indeed. Quill3D is more of a 3d programme with a level editor tacked on to it. I would try the demos of both (if there is one of Quill) and decide which is best for you).

Personally I love CShop/3D World Studio.

Also - for low cost modellers look into Metasquoia and Milkshape.

IPete2.

Doggie(Posted 2006) [#17]
Anyone mind providing a link to that?
or drop it in my e-mail 2 if you'd be so kind.
dinman55@...

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#18]
Doggie,

Done sir! Check your e-mail for a link.

IPete2.

Doggie(Posted 2006) [#19]
Thanks!