B3D tools suite freeware

Community Forums/Developer Stations/B3D tools suite freeware

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hello,
I couldn't go anywhere in the blitz3D game development without this 3 simple executable tools.

They are an extended MediaViewer, able to load .b3d, .x, .3ds, and all the image formats supported in blitz (very similiar to the one included in blitz)

A Mesh Vertex Finder, able to find what's the vertex number in a given mesh.

* An Animated Models Viewers, able to show bones within the mesh, and to retrieve useful information.

What's their peculiarity ?
Why I shuold use these ones instead of the one included in blitz ?

Well, the first simple but important reason, is that you can associate in windows all your blitz media files with these application, so that a double click on a .b3d file will result in the viewer opening in front of you with the desired model.

Or you can use it simply by dragging on its shortcut the media you want.

The real good thing, is that it supports any path, so it will never return a Unkown file type because of quotes " or because of spaces in the paths.

Plus all the viewerz will give additional informations, which the original mediaviewer won't give.

Here a shot of the Vertex Finder tool

They are free to use for the blitz community.
Download the free package

Executables are virus free, but please check anyway.

* The animated models viewer is not in the zip, as I'm writing an advanced Media Viewer which will contain all the features described above for all the tools in a sigle one and more.

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#2]
Wow Litobyte,

thanks a lot, this looks very interesting. I want to check out the vertex finder!!!

IPete2.

TheMan(Posted 2003) [#3]
Thank you, its really useful

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#4]
cheers :)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#5]
Very useful tools! Thanks for sharing them!

RGR(Posted 2003) [#6]
;-

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#7]
Yeah I'm actually coding an advanced media viewer, which will look a bit like the microsoft mesh viewer included in the dx9sdk, will be more customizable, and will do a lot of nice things :)

In the meantime, I'm pissed off about something right now, so, sorry but I could be away from the forumz for a while.