CShop + Singularity video

Community Forums/Developer Stations/CShop + Singularity video

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hey team!

Here's a video of my door entities working via CShop in Singularity. The video also shows Rockstar's excellent flare, particle, and lighting entities working, along with the water classname working. This is pre-cubemapping and not bad looking at all considering the low fps hit.

The video is about 1 minute long and shows my first CShop 3 + Singularity (2.x) combined level.

Hope you like it. You probably only want to download this if you have a quick connection.

Right mouse click and save target as...

11mb MPEG 1 video (good screen size):
http://www.smartscreenuk.com/Singularity_Doors002.mpg

900k Real Player video (for 56k modems - but keep it small sized to get a better view):

http://www.smartscreenuk.com./Singularity003rp.rm

Try the small sized Real Media version, then if you want to see the details try the bigger sized mpg.

Regards,

IPete2.

Mousey(Posted 2003) [#2]
Very cool... makes me appreciate what can be done with CShop3 and Rockstar's code. Nice work IPete2! :)

spec-e(Posted 2003) [#3]

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#4]
Becky,

A demo? Perhaps - when it is more complete. At the moment there's no structure, it's just a demo of the doors working.

IPete2.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#5]
Very impressive. I am afraid the (great looking) Fires use a lot of Tris - ?
This is a very promising thing.

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#6]
Pete, I am going to be writing some box-box and sphere-box collision for moving collisions, rigid bodies, and elevators and doors. I will let you know what I come up with. Maybe you can help me with the next release.

Beaker(Posted 2003) [#7]
I like.

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#8]
JFK,

Hm, they're not too bad - Josh's routine (in Singularity) seem to be very efficient. You can switch to wireframe view and there's only a few tris. That's how I had six flaming, smoking, flaring torches with sounds attached (the sound doesn't help actually but I mono'd the sample and used half what I wanted to). That's besides the 12 or so smoking lamps, in the water, behind the door (not optimised).

MasterBeaker,

RockStar,

love to be involved if I can be!

IPete2.

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#9]
It needs to be moved to a single surface for maximum efficiency.