Character design

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Character design

David819(Posted 2003) [#1]
Hi i was wandering if you could please tell me a program good for making the character designs in also can you please tell me how to draw a human figure in front, side, and back view.
please help

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#2]
Get a good anatomy book. This'll give you a start though :

http://www.fineart.sk/body.htm

granada(Posted 2003) [#3]
picture on its way to you

dave

Ethan3850(Posted 2003) [#4]
A tip! Might be useless(?) When creating your 3d model try to envissage what it will look like when textured - spending hours getting every contour correct mightn't be need (especially when modeling the head if your textures give the illusion of roundness ect...)

I'd advise seeing how other models for games have been constructed before going full steam in to creating your own - you might save yourself a lot of work.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2003) [#5]
Truely true! :) study the Work of the Professionals. They know how to make cool looking Chars with a hand full of Triangles. Especially the older games! Todays Games use up to 4000 Tris for one Character, so you will not learn a lot about LowPoly Tricks. But take some Quake 2 Characters or HL1 Stuff. And know your tools. You need to have full control over your Faces, Edges and Vertices!

Litobyte(Posted 2003) [#6]
make the profile, the half left simmetry part of your character, then copy it and mirror it, and joint the 2 part, here yu have your human model, so they works (the professionals)