B3D pipeline confusing

Community Forums/Developer Stations/B3D pipeline confusing

Akat(Posted 2003) [#1]
..i created a mesh
..i created the bones
..i attached them to the mesh
..i animated them
..i preview it using B3D viewer within the B3D pipeline (greatly its done) - i mean the mesh well animated (with the bone inside it im surely think)

..but the problem is - when i export it into B3D file, the mesh just exported separately with the bones... which mean the mesh just stay still and the bones animate alone by themself.... how to export it correctly (coz they're doing fine in B3D preview)

Space_guy(Posted 2003) [#2]
good question.
I were playing with it my self last night and had the same problem but assumed it was just a small miss in my deparment and that id fix it the next day.
What do we do wrong? :)

Pudding(Posted 2003) [#3]
The export process is a little confusing right now...

When exporting a character hide all the bones and uncheck "Add Scene Root" That should work.

The B3d Viewer finds multiple sub animations in a b3d file - but this is not the default Blitz behavior. Blitz expects a character to be the only root in a file (no bones, no scene root).

I'd like to clarify the export options in the next release to avoid this confusion, but I'm not sure how best to present the options. Any ideas?

-Pudding

IPete2(Posted 2003) [#4]
Pudding,

I haven't used Pipeline yet but I will soon I hope.

From what I have read above the answer would seem to offer an automatic export as an option to you choose what to export(Add scene root etc). I don't know if you can 'switch' the bones state to hidden in the exporter?

This would provide a one click export for those who are not sure, and a more complex export for those who wanted extra features available exporting the manual way.

IPete2.

Ruz(Posted 2003) [#5]
It is n't exactly difficult now.
just hiding your biped and unchecking one box isn't what i would call time consuming. compare that to the hassle of exporting from max to milkshape to b3d.

Akat(Posted 2003) [#6]
ohh.. ok - the whole thing just fine now - gee thanq guys