10 Dollar Models

Community Forums/Developer Stations/10 Dollar Models

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#1]
Just found this site:
www.10dollarmodels.com

I've not actually seen any of their stuff yet or anything. Just pointing out this site since I know a lot of people are always looking for low cost 3D models.

Skitchy(Posted 2003) [#2]
[quote]
End User License
All of the downloadable 3D models available on this website may be used freely in your own work. 3D models may not be sold individually, repackaged, or provided for free to another parties. Copyright of these models remain with the model creator, $10 Models is acting as a licensed distributor only.
[\quote]

The 'repackaged' part worries me slightly. Could somebody have a word with them and see if using the models in a game would be okay?

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#3]
normally in this sort of thing repacked means repacked and sold as a model bundle, rather than for use in a game. It would be best to email them for confirmation though

rsbrowndog(Posted 2003) [#4]
Interesting... but I'm not clear on whether these models are in .3DS or .MAX format. Anyone know?

Cheers,

Ryan

fredborg(Posted 2003) [#5]
Probably Max format, according to: About them...

Fredborg

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#6]
Interesting. IMO those models have very limited "game maker" value as they are (I think) .MAX format only and all are around 50K in polycount.

So in order to be able to use them in games or any real-time app you have own MAX so that you can even load them and then you have to do them again from the scratch (using those models as a guide) beacuse you can use in real-time ~50x less polys...

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#7]
Like I said I knew nothing about this place other than it exists, so I certainly can't vouch for it being useful for Blitz developers. I spotted the URL in some 3D art spam I got.

podperson(Posted 2003) [#8]
According to information in the sidebar these are MAX models. Also note that the lowest polygon count I saw while browsing the site was c. 60,000 -- these are models for rendering and not realtime applications.