Max Scripts for Level Building?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Max Scripts for Level Building?

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#1]
As much as I like Max for character and object modelling, it's a bit cumbersome as a level builder, and I'd like to speed my workflow. I've tried a few standalone solutions, but they're not cutting it.

Are there any maxscripts that are good for level building? I've downloaded Game Level Builder 2.1 and I'm going to give that a once-over, assuming it's compatible with 5 ( it says 3 and 4, but most 4 scripts work. ) Anything else?

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#2]
I've never heard of Game Level Builder 2.1. Got a url?

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#3]
Found a download (http://www.scriptspot.com/Main_Scripts.asp?BrowseType=Gaming&Sort=Name) but not really any info about what it does or how it works. Personally I use worldcraft/ CShop for creating levels. IMO they are about hte best available at the moment (not forgetting Quill)

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#4]
CShop looked really impressive. I downloaded the demo, and it crashes quite a bit. I'm kinda fussy with that sort of thing, I like my programs crash-proof really. Don't want this to slide into a "let's bash Halo" thread, so I'll make clear I'm not knocking it. It's only the first release of 3 and I'm not saying I won't buy it. But I'll wait until it's as stable as I fussily want everything to be.

I haven't tried Worldcraft. Will it export/convert to something useful? I'm not creating a FPS so occlusion isn't an issue.

Binary_Moon(Posted 2003) [#5]
"Will it export/convert to something useful?"

Only oif you use HALOS map tools. These don't have any options/ 3d issues since you use worldcraft as the editor. Haven't got a clue if Josh still distributes these or not. They came with cshop2 but AFAIK are discontinued.

Sir Felgar(Posted 2003) [#6]
I've asked Halo about the availability of the .map tool as my project really needs it (see "Cartography Shop Import" thread).

I didn't realise it was going to be discontinued with the arrival of CS3. I would've bough CS2 a few weeks ago if I'd known!

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#7]
I've tried Game Level Builder out on Max 5 and it closed Max down when I tried to create a wall. So I'm guessing it's not Max 5 compatible. Oh well.