Three New CShop3 Shots

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Three New CShop3 Shots

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#1]
It will be very soon.

Mustang(Posted 2003) [#2]
"Lightmap resolution: high"? Personally I'd prefer something more precise like texels/meter(unit)... and maybe two alternate ways to determine lightmap accuracy:

1. texels/meter... it then uses ENOUGH big bitmap (maybe giving some sort of estimate how big the map will be before user makes "bad judgement error") for it.

2. lightmap bitmap size... it then crunches all the polygons to that and says you what the actual resolution is.

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#3]
The highest-res setting is "Go grab a beer".

Zmatrix(Posted 2003) [#4]
Looks awsome Halo.
Will it still spit out multiple lightmaps (like maptools) if you run out of textel space?
I really like the quality of the output in maptools even if I do generate 10 512x512 maps..lol

as long as the results are worth it...go get a beer...or time for bed might be done by morning...I dont really mind.

Zmatrix

Mathieu A(Posted 2003) [#5]
WOW this terrain!!! I'm waiting this feature impatiently.

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#6]
That looks great Halo.. don't dally now! Hurry up and release this beast! :)

SabataRH(Posted 2003) [#7]
Had a play with this today... For those who haven't - all I can say is .... watch out.. it's all class..

Red Ocktober(Posted 2003) [#8]
oooo... oooo, ooooo!!!!

amazing!!!

--Mike

popcade(Posted 2003) [#9]
I'll be unable to online on work days all the time, only weekend I can access my computer.

I'm a registered user of CShop2, but I didn't receive any further info about CShop3.... however CShop3 looks promising, I'm waiting for it.

sswift(Posted 2003) [#10]
What is cartography shope written in? If I'm not mistaken it came out much too long before Blitzplus to be Blitzplus, and I've never seen someone make an interface in Blitz3D that looks so much like the real Windows interface that I can't tell the difference. Is it written in some visual language other than Blitz, with a Blitz 3D window integrated into it somehow? Or is it done in OpenGL?

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#11]
My own OpenGL 3D engine and a mystery programming language.

sswift(Posted 2003) [#12]
DB Pro. :-)

starfox(Posted 2003) [#13]
Here's what I think

Blitz3d, PureBasic, BlitzPlus, and dlls of meaning other things

popcade(Posted 2003) [#14]
halo, I can't send you mail, you mailbox is full......

How do I submit my CShop2 purchase proof to get the upgrade?

demeyersa(Posted 2003) [#15]
Hi

Same ? as Starlancer,Halo.

E-mail is demeyersa@... let us know what is happening.Can send you proof of purchase.

demeyersa(Posted 2003) [#16]
Hi

Same ? as Starlancer,Halo.

E-mail is demeyersa@.... Please let us know what is happening.Can send you proof of purchase.

demeyersa(Posted 2003) [#17]
Sorry for the double post...

RedRidingHood(Posted 2003) [#18]
Looking good Halo. It came just in time, I was about to give up. :)

Shambler(Posted 2003) [#19]
Hi

Same ? as StarLancer and demeyersa =)

E-mail is jm.keay@... have proof of purchase also.

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#20]
You don't all need to email me. I will send them out.

CopperCircle(Posted 2003) [#21]
When will the CShop3 demo be out?

karmacomposer(Posted 2003) [#22]
Is terrain generation built into Cshop3? I cannot find that anywhere in the program. What did you use to create it if not in Cshop 3.

Thanks.

Rob Farley(Posted 2003) [#23]
Halo, correct me if I'm wrong... But in the screenshot with the terrain; There appear to be 2 buildings in the shadow of a mountain, yet they are illuminated, do terrains not cast shadow over ther objects then?

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#24]
Terrains are meshes. CShop vertex-lights meshes. Those terrains are lightmapped by Terragen, not CShop. Meshes DO cast shadows, so if you put a light in about the same spot as the terragen light position, it will look right.

I will be releasing a pack of Terrain prefabs.

RedRidingHood(Posted 2003) [#25]
Halo,

Are you sending a registration code to CShop 2 owners so they can turn the demo into a registered version (like you did last time)? 'Cause if you are I still haven't gotten mine.