How do I get the 3d image over wireframe in Photoshop

Community Forums/Developer Stations/How do I get the 3d image over wireframe in Photoshop

Rob Pearmain(Posted 2003) [#1]
How do i do one of those cool 3d screenshot over wireframe shots where they blend together in Photoshop?

(tu) sinu(Posted 2003) [#2]
way i'd do it is have the background as a wifeframe, then copy the non wirefram over it as a layer, using the rubber just rub some of the layer away until you get the right look.

ps don't know if that's how the others did it.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#3]
That's pretty much how I'ld do it. For more exact control I'ld use feathered selection tools to delete from the layer, not just the eraser, but it's the same idea.

feo(Posted 2003) [#4]
I load the rendered image and put it in the background layer.
Then I load the wireframe and paste it as a new alpha channel.
Go back to the layers pallette, and add a new layer. Select the alphachannel you just created (Select / Load Selection), and do a fill (usually with white, but you could even do a gradient).
The cool think about this method is that you will have the wire frame and the background as different layers, so you can very easily adjust the transparency of the top layer (wireframe) to get the exact transparency tha you may be looking for.

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#5]
I've done this a couple of times ( although I can't for the life of me remember why or where the results are ) and I did it Feo's way. Looks good.