Cartography Shop 3 lights

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Cartography Shop 3 lights

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#1]
Whew, got lights sort of working. The shadows on the wall are from detail meshes, which are vertex-lit, but still cast shadows.

And the latest shot of the interface. The wire mesh floor will cast masked shadows properly.

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#2]
wow. This new CShop looks totally awesome Halo, and i really love the interface.

Doggie(Posted 2003) [#3]
Not a day goes by that I don't anxiously check my e-mail waiting for Cshop 3! Soon?

Doggie

Mathieu A(Posted 2003) [#4]
Very nice lightmap Halo!!!

Skitchy(Posted 2003) [#5]
The shadows on the wall are from detail meshes, which are vertex-lit

PLEASE tell me that you can lightmap the detail meshes as well.

JaviCervera(Posted 2003) [#6]
AFAIK, unreal2 does not lightmap the detail meshes, and it looks awesome. I could be wrong.

Skitchy(Posted 2003) [#7]
I just want to be able to use Halo's new radiosity stuff on my detail meshes as well as the 'base' level.

Come on Halo - please put this feature in. Surely if the lightmapping routines have been written they can be applied to detail meshes just as easily as non-detail ones.

Maybe have vertex lighting as an option for people who want to save memory?

JoshK(Posted 2003) [#8]
Lightmapping the detail meshes would be very slow and require them to be unwrapped in advance. Most of these meshes are skinned, so it's easy to draw a shadow on the skin...Unreal II does it all the time.

They actually look just fine, because their surfaces tend to be really small, so you don't even notice that they're vertex lights.