The best modelling software (of my choices)

Community Forums/Developer Stations/The best modelling software (of my choices)

Anarcade(Posted 2003) [#1]
I figured I would throw this question out there for some opinions (and a little fighting :)).

I have done some checking and testing and playing and reading and have come up with some "stuff".

I wanna use B3d for my models and I have decided to use Character FX for my models and exportation to b3d format.

Now the question is what do I use for the initial creatin of the models. I have narrowed it down to Wings3D, Anim8or and maybe Quill although I havent actually tried Quill yet.

Of those 3 what do you recommend keeping in mind that what I create then gets tossed into Character FX to be played with.

Just so you know I am not a big fan of Milkshape (for reasons I will not get into at this time) so please do not mention this or any others.

I love you all.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#2]
I'm a huge fan of Wings3D for modeling but I know little about either anim8or or Quill (in the former case it doesn't run on my system and in the latter case I was never interested in its modeling abilities, only other stuff.) Do note however that you cannot texture map in Wings; I highly recommend you get Ultimate Unwrap no matter which tool you use to model since it has very robust b3d support (including import of animated b3d models) and that is a fantastic tool for texture mapping.

Ethan3850(Posted 2003) [#3]
Personally I didn't like Ami8or or Wings3D, but if I was forced 2 choose between them I'd go 4 Wings3D.

Sorry, I havn't tried Quill either.

--
Win XP-AMD Athlon 2500XP Barton-GeForce 4Ti 4800SE-512mb-DX9.0a
===============================================================
!dlrow eht htiw thgir s'llA - CP eht no si d3ztilB