Deep UV

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Deep UV

Spy(Posted 2003) [#1]
hi..

anyone tried Deep UV ? it looks nice.. maybe someone tried it and can say if its good or not

http://www.righthemisphere.com/products/duv/index.htm

mearrin69(Posted 2003) [#2]
I haven't tried it but I've tried other products from them - they've got some of the best UV/painting tools around. It can get pricy but they're really good.

As an aside, they're also from NZ and the boss' name is Mark. Go figure :)

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#3]
Get Ultimate Unwrap. It's a LOT cheaper and every bit as good (I think better but that's subjective.)

Space_guy(Posted 2003) [#4]
I tried it alil back in the time i were desperate to try to learn uv mapping hehe.
it works ok but if u want a skin thats easily editeble in normal graphics programs you will probbably be better off making the uv map your self concentrating to get a good 2d shape.
Uv mapping really is alot of work.. :(

Gabriel(Posted 2003) [#5]
I agree with SpaceGuy, UV mapping is a very unpleasant but necessary task. Deep UV's auto-unwrapping tools are very good as far as those things can ever be, but the results are never going to be as good as even the most basic of handmade UV maps.

If your modeller doesn't have great UV mapping tools, then Ultimate Unwrap is probably the way to go. Deep UV will in all likelihood end up being an expensive tool that you'll end up using in exactly the same way as Ultimate Unwrap.

Oh.. and all those Deep Hemisphere tools crash more often than Windows ME on every computer I've ever tried.

Rob(Posted 2003) [#6]
DeepUV isn't worth it: ultimate unwrap is a far better choice bang-for-buck.