Are those models good ?

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Are those models good ?

Psycoach(Posted 2003) [#1]
I found that and wondered if somebody knows if they are their price worth :
http://www.3-d-models.com

Blue Steel(Posted 2003) [#2]
Its really down to opinion, I guess. I only glanced at the ones in the "models for games", the animated goblin one. The MD2 version shown looks pretty bad. The gal who does modeling for me whne I need it can do a much better job than that for MD2 and provides original models for a tad less $$ than they do. There is a guy I use sometimes too that could do better than that and do originals for around those prices.

Some of the lowpoly vehicles could be passable depending on how they are used in a game and the viewing angle.

Just for the low poly vehicle models. If you do a search for Photo Modeler Lite (its no longer available from the owners) It is a freeware program that if you sat down with it and spent a day using it, you could easily by the end of the day be able to create better looking low poly vehicle models than those on that site.

If you cannot find the lite version through google, let me know and I can sift through some of my archival CDs as I am sure I have it.

jhocking(Posted 2003) [#3]
Thanks for that link. I've never heard of them before. I am working on a similar sort of online art shop, only mine will be focused on animated 3D characters (eg. people) specifically designed for use in game development (eg. exported to b3d file format.) Plus mine will be better.