About the markcwm ide fork...

Community Forums/Developer Stations/About the markcwm ide fork...

Fielder(Posted April) [#1]
i very love this ide:
https://github.com/markcwm/maxide

it's fast on very huge applications
but i can't find original post on the forum (search not working)

just asking developer to fix a small bug, remarks not highlighted when the ' is not preceded by a space...

print a+b'not working
print a+B 'working

Henri(Posted April) [#2]
Hmm..I tried the one in the link and it seemed to work as expected ?

-Henri

Henri(Posted April) [#3]
It seems they are not highlighted when ' is used right after function paranthesis.

-Henri

Fielder(Posted April) [#4]
yep and also after : and ;

markcw(Posted April) [#5]
Hello, that's me.

Well iirc I couldn't fix that because it's a bug in the Scintilla syntax highlighting and requires a fix in the C++ and to rebuild the dll. I think I tried but couldn't find the source for the exact version used by Maxide. Later versions had broken/changed the syntax highlighting and I couldn't adapt to the upgrade in Maxide. So I left it as there is a workaround by adding a space before/after the ' char.

col(Posted April) [#6]
Hey,

Your editor looks pretty cool!

ref scintilla bug - I think you have an issue with your code. It might be an idea to either let scintilla do the highlighting via the SCILEXER_BLITZMAX lexer and not use your own syntax hightlighting code ( which I can see tons of in the editor ) or use you own hand rolled version within your editor and set the lexer to SCILEXER_CONTAINER ( or SCILEXER_NONE ) and style the text when scintilla requires styling to be done. The 2nd approach is actually 'not that' difficult to do within blitzmax.

The reason I suggest this is that after quickly scanning through the code it looks as though you're doing both - you're setting the text style in your editor code but also have scintilla using the BlitzMax lexer. This will no doubt cause nothing but trouble with the 2 fighting each other and could well be the cause of the 'comment bug' noted above.

Great little editor... wait didn't I say that already :p

xlsior(Posted April) [#7]
Does this IDE contain the same targets and build options as Brucey's NG version of the IDE?

col(Posted April) [#8]
@xlsior
Nope, it's for BRLs version of BlitzMax.

Derron(Posted April) [#9]
The Blitzmax-lexer existing for scintilla is a bit borked - at least Brucey mentioned some weeks ago, that he had to redo the lexer for some test code as it contained bugs.

When I tried scintilla with a simple IDE some years ago I at least did not encounter bugs with the comment-highlighting, so I suppose it is really some custom code in that IDE here (as col already wrote).

"Geany" also uses scintilla for its textarea and I had to adjust some bits here and there to make it possible for more styling options (base commands - like BRL modules, custom commands - like project based functions, variables, ...).

Using scintilla is of course way better than using MaxGUIs textarea + the MaxIDE highlighting-code (as the MaxIDE-default-textarea has much trouble with undo/redo). Better let scintilla handle undo/redo - else you will lose code from time to time (undo then redo - and it redos some of this redo-text - and this often in the wrong target positions).

bye
Ron