..Android/IOS Basic..

Community Forums/Developer Stations/..Android/IOS Basic..

Naughty Alien(Posted 2017) [#1]
..as topic says..im curious to hear from you guys, which basic dialect exists for mobiles market, especially if you have had experience with some..

xlsior(Posted 2017) [#2]
Monkey, Blitzmax-NG?

EOF(Posted 2017) [#3]
B4a (Basic 4 Android) is a really good package. It's essentially Visual Basic syntax.

coffeedotbean(Posted 2017) [#4]
Naughty; I assume you mean products other than BRL products Fusion 2.5 maybe?

.... not adding anything more to this topic but it pains me so when I see other tools (such as B4a) with a 'proper' IDE with code folding and all that stuff. I still vehemently believe Blitz and Monkey would be in better shape today (more users) with a more functional IDE, the powers there but if you just give them a version of notepad and a html help file people aint going to stick around.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2017) [#5]
..im after some simple apps development (not really a game), which is aimed for support of my hardware i sell (control hardware from phone bluetooth or wifi and things like that)...so i thought there must be some neat and tidy basic language out there for such things.. :)

Xaron(Posted 2017) [#6]
GLBasic: https://www.glbasic.com/

Dan(Posted 2017) [#7]
Rfo Basic for Android freeware, editable on android and Pc, Apk-Able.

Qube(Posted 2017) [#8]
AppGameKit ( AGK ) https://www.appgamekit.com

Cocopino(Posted 2017) [#9]

I still vehemently believe Blitz and Monkey would be in better shape today (more users) with a more functional IDE, the powers there but if you just give them a version of notepad and a html help file people aint going to stick around.

Yes... If Blitzmax & e.g. Blide came as a single package, preferably without any MingW or other installer hassles it probably would have fared a lot better. The language itself is great.

I was very pleasantly surprised by NG though, seems like it is entirely portable.

Matty(Posted 2017) [#10]
Any reason it has to be basic and not native code? At least for android java is pretty simple. No idea about ios.

Panno(Posted 2017) [#11]
glbasic
basic4android/ios
rfo basic

games - glbasic
audio streaming and such - b4a and b4i
some tests - rfo

Brucey(Posted 2017) [#12]
Any reason it has to be basic and not native code? At least for android java is pretty simple. No idea about ios.

Right. Swift on iOS is also pretty simple. Or there's Obj-C, which isn't too hard either.

Or.. one might just want to code something up in a single/common language and cross/trans/compile it to different targets without having to write X different versions in each platform's "native" language.

Dan(Posted 2017) [#13]
Cool, i'v just googled for some freeware PC basic languages, and found out that
basic4gl has got an Android port !