Exporting X Animation files

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Exporting X Animation files

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#1]
I found that there's a way to animate x files through proper DX7 exporter like this in Milkshape3d (JT Exporter)

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/post.php?topic=59135&post=664482

I got to test it out and it works ok. The only problem is some faces are missing but it animates properly.

Anyone have some info on this?

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#2]
Does .x files allow skinned vertices with up to 2-3 influences from some joints ? Because if no, this means that the "skinned" vertices have only 1 influence from one joint, which is quite limiting, and you can achieve the same result by attaching body parts to pivots or to the joints/bones of a skeleton...

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#3]
Thanks RemiD. Somehow I managed to find a similar post on gamecreators forum.

It seems the DX7 format does not allow it, only DX8 but I read somewhere that b3d already supports DX8 format. Is this correct?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2016) [#4]
b3d animations exported with fragmotion work well,it can also convert dx9 x perfectly to b3d, full animation support. CharacterFx has weighted bones too. Regardless of blitz being based on dx7, weighted bones work, at least when loaded as b3d. And there is also Pacemaker.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#5]
Thanks jfk, I'm just sticking with B3d for now because the X format is not fully supported.