Capable and not too expensive 3D modeller.

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Capable and not too expensive 3D modeller.

gpete(Posted 2016) [#1]
Hi everyone, I have been using Artform Curvy3D lately and find it to be a good creation tool for Blitz3d. It is available on Steam Store.

Considering my skill level- (and patience!) I find it usable with controls that are not too "arcane" like many more popular 3d modellers.

I have always been hoping Dave Bird would re-invigorate Quill 3D which I bought so long ago- it was the first 3d tool which I was able to light map scenery and objects with- and I cannot get over how awesome that was.

Zethrax(Posted 2016) [#2]
Curvy3D is currently 75% off on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/253670/

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#3]
I have never heard of Curvy3D and why not Blender? it's free.

Is it that easy to create models with that tool?

gpete(Posted 2016) [#4]
I have this and it is very nice- you can make a symetrical model easily- edit one side and the changes are duplicated on the other half. Also it is relatively easy to figure out- does primitives (cube, sphere...) and "blobs" editing is by pinching, expanding, flatten, inflate, stretch etc... also you can paint objects.

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#5]
I use Fragmotion for modeling, unwraping, uvmapping, 3d painting, rigging, skinning, animating.

And the export in .b3d is clean (no duplicated vertices or duplicated triangles).

I recommend it.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#6]
you can make a symetrical model easily- edit one side and the changes are duplicated on the other half. Also it is relatively easy to figure out- does primitives (cube, sphere...) and "blobs" editing is by pinching, expanding, flatten, inflate, stretch etc... also you can paint objects.

Blender has come a long way, same features.. 0$ price

You just need tutorials that will fit on your need. Tons of them on youtube, take your pick ;-)

Kryzon(Posted 2016) [#7]
Learning material for Blender, there's this list as well:
http://polycount.com/discussion/154788/blender-tutorial-list

Ian Thompson(Posted 2016) [#8]
Fragmotion, pretty simple and pretty powerful, aimed specifically at games development too.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#9]
Blender has indeed come a long way, but doesn't it still lack a good B3D exporter, so one has to go through all kind of hoops and loops to get something out of it as intended?

I personally love the shear ease of use(for buildings) of SketchUp as it's very intuitive and giving very quick results, but same story there and too much bad geometry artefacts/high polycount, when finally managed to have exported, so has to be processed a lot in other editors to be a bit useable. :-(

hoyoyo80(Posted 2016) [#10]
Im using blender to ultimate unwrap(paid) to most common use animation format like fbx,dae,x and b3d.

Hardest part in free modeller is animation and exporting the animation :P How i miss my absolete 3dsmax9+biped...sighh

Doggie(Posted 2016) [#11]
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=28027#294203

13 years ago. I've had it ever since. Rarely use it cuz I think it is too tedious to deduce how to get the shape you want.

DOG