Giles[S] Shadow Map.

Community Forums/Developer Stations/Giles[S] Shadow Map.

Yue(Posted 2015) [#1]
Hello, I created a platform with light shadows created in Gile [s], however the model exported from Giles [s] b3d format in real-time is impossible to assign another texture to the shadows cast by Fastlibs.

Any suggestions.?

Rick Nasher(Posted 2015) [#2]
Doesn't multi-texturing allow for 4 textures, of which one can be the Fastlib shadow?
I have a multi-textured blitz terrain with:
1)a large general landscape texture.
2)a detail texture for close up.
3)a lightmap also used for temporary and permanent shadows(like scorched earth after a grenade exploded or gunshots)

And I used Fastlibs for character or prop shadows to it without any problems.

Was organized in like in this code snippet:

I suppose this should also apply for other objects than terrains, such the rocks you are using. However if you go over the 4 textures limit it might get tricky in DX7.

RustyKristi(Posted 2015) [#3]
Like Rick said it is possible and in fact I have tested this before while I'm checking out Fastext on my lightmapped models

Screenshot:

Lightmap created in gile[s] :-)

Yue(Posted 2015) [#4]
Ok friends have managed to find the problem.

The character casts no shadow dynamics.

This is to take over the land with this code.

Plataformax1% = LoadAnimMesh("Data/Modelos/Plataforma1.b3d")
PositionEntity Plataformax1%, 0, -65, 0
EntityTexture plataformax1%,traSombra1,0,2 ; Shadows Fastlibs.

Where the idea was to encourage the bushes that are on the platform, but Giles does not support light maps into animated models.

In this case if it works because if you use load a mesh animations.

Plataformax1% = LoadMesh("Data/Modelos/Plataforma1.b3d")
PositionEntity Plataformax1%, 0, -65, 0
EntityTexture plataformax1%,traSombra1,0,2 ; shadows fastlibs.

RustyKristi(Posted 2015) [#5]

but Giles does not support light maps into animated models.

Apart from giles being a tool that only generates static shadows that is really not possible. Advanced shaders can blend or mask dynamic shadows and lightmaps if done right. Technically, it's not a giles[s] only issue but lightmapping is only half of the process. With Blitzmax's OpenB3d or Ploppy's Hardwired built that supports DX9/DX11 shaders I'm sure it is possible. :-)