heads up! Substance Painter 67% off, 20 hours left

Community Forums/Developer Stations/heads up! Substance Painter 67% off, 20 hours left

Tom(Posted 2014) [#1]
Hey all, just been looking at what's 'new' in the art creation world and saw this is on offer, sale has like 20 hours left. Normally about £110, down to £36.29!

It's a 3d texturing/painting app, very tasty!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/273390

GfK(Posted 2014) [#2]
Tom! Hows stuff?

Tom(Posted 2014) [#3]
Much better my good man, thanks for asking! :)

Lost our mum early this year, tough time that, really knocked me for six! ... almost back to normal now, if I was ever LOL.

I've been getting 'the itch' again, and no it's not because my undies are a bit tight (R.I.P Rick Mayall), I don't pay so many games these days, but still find programming & art interesting. Actually Grid Autosport kicks ass!

Blitzmax your primary software these days?

Hope all is well your end.

GfK(Posted 2014) [#4]
Nah, not any more - fddling about with Unity nowadays.

All good over here. Still poor but soldiering on!

Sorry to hear 'bout your ma. :/

Doggie(Posted 2014) [#5]
Today STEAM began their BIG HOLIDAY sale and Substance Painter is now $89.00
It was $49.00 yesterday. Big Sale...a lot of stuff 10 to 15% off
which is uninspiring.Though I did pick up a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator X for $4.99. That much is good. Seems like years past the
Holiday Sale was kids in a candy shop with big discounts on major
titles. This year, not so much.

GfK(Posted 2014) [#6]
Today STEAM began their BIG HOLIDAY sale and Substance Painter is now $89.00
It was $49.00 yesterday
What sort of sale is that, where the price goes UP?

Doggie(Posted 2014) [#7]
exactly. But there it is. I did manage to get The Golf Club for $13.99
today but it's not all that great as it comes with NO manual or keyboard
commands whatsoever. I'm hoping i can figure it out and also hoping it actually has something more than mouseclicks...
Crummiest Holiday Sale ever.

ShadowTurtle(Posted 2015) [#8]
Tom:
i do not know about ya "normaly"..
Xilvan is creating a series of games about his/her dog. Since many years. Probably more extensive than nintendo (mario&co)...
The lost of her/his dog _IS_ the reason creating the project (so far i know) in the hard way.

It is nothin making any sense. Nothing more as you would create a game about ya mum.

I think the real reason is to do save good memories of the partnership forever. Using BlitzMax/BlitzBasic/Blitzwhatever for todays projects is a religion. So as anyone is using QBasic to do save good memories.

Is it a fault compare a important person with a important animal in that manner? No. The important person was helping, speaking, etc. to you. You can not create a game about ya mom without leaving out many things she did for you.

You should use a religion-free programming software before you begin the wrong thing. Go to microsoft or so without creating games.. you can do that not objectively good as far i readed ya post..

t'or use unity for creating games ;---)