T.ED Available here (for free)

Community Forums/Developer Stations/T.ED Available here (for free)

D4NM4N(Posted 2014) [#1]
As you know T.Ed has not been for sale for almost a year now. I have taken it down for 4 main reasons.

-One is because of my job in a company writing educational apps/games for kids, it takes up a -lot- of my time, but i love it. Unfortunately my own stuff is a contractual conflict of interest.

-The other is due to the multitude of changes to windows since Vista. Mainly things like UAC etc. TEd still works fine on windows 7 and 8 but needs some twiddling to run fully (like "run as admin", or setting folder permissions up).

-I have not the time to offer the levels of support for it that i believe paying customers deserve.

-I am no longer actively developing for "windows legacy" only windows store, android, ios, linux, and osx.

But am providing it here mainly to the bb community.

I would like to take this opportunity thank everyone who bought it in the past 10 odd years and hope you found it useful. I have delayed this freebie offer for as long as i dare out of respect for those that bought it
Again, thank you.

So.. without more blah-blah here it is.

Here you go:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18440078/T.ED_full_setup.zip

Here are the loaders (including two horrible looking demos from an early version! :D although it is the "epr" example you want really ) ;

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/18440078/Tedloaders.zip

..... And the name / reg code to be pasted at the very -top- of the keyfile that opens (meaning the first two lines!)

BlitzCommunity
252J2-E5B9D-WGYWS-G5CF2

If i ever decide to re-make it cross platform or update it to V7 then this code will no longer work (although existing purchased ones will), but this one will always work on all versions up to V6.x on windows.

I do have a small request, i know it probably wont happen, but this freebie is intended for mainly the blitz community, so I would ask you don't broadcast it too much :)

NOTE: Some programs include hidden characters so if copy-paste fails then try entring manually. NOTE2: If program fails to save settings / not register etc.. when using Vista/7/8 you -may- need to either turn off UAC, run as admin or give the program folder the right permissions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is some code for more advanced users who may wish to import / pipeline / export ted files directly. This is the code from the actual program itself that saves and loads .ted files:

NOTE: This code will load the raw un-optimized terrains (unlike the exported ones) and are not really suitable for direct game insertion (unless the terrain is quite small). However the exporters in ted strip all geometry that has no alpha values on upper layer quad patches, making it a lot less geometry. So for most people i reccommend looking at the loader demos.
Also note this code as i said designed for advanced users only as more of a "Specification" and -may- not work just out of the box, but all the stuff needed is there.

D4NM4N(Posted 2014) [#2]
PS: Please don't use the support email/forums/website from the app. It will not be answered. However I don't mind answering the odd intelligently asked question here when i can.

GaryV(Posted 2014) [#3]
Thank you. This was very generous of you.

Ian Thompson(Posted 2014) [#4]
Thanks Dan, this is very generous of you. :)

Yue(Posted 2014) [#5]
thanks you!!

Calibrator(Posted 2014) [#6]
Thanks!

> Unfortunately my own stuff is a contractual conflict of interest.

Does that mean that you can't work on your own stuff *at all*?

Just wondering...

Hotshot2005(Posted 2014) [#7]
I bought it years ago and this is Excellent software!

Now it is Free, grab it while you can :)

mv333(Posted 2014) [#8]
Maybe you should update the website link here :

Blitz Toolbox

D4NM4N(Posted 2014) [#9]
Only a site mod can do that

N_Gnom(Posted 2014) [#10]
D4NM4N: is spriteforge available atm?
Or is it free too?
I need such tool.

*(Posted 2014) [#11]
Crikey I bought this years ago and now its free, damn I only got about a decade of use out of it LOL j/k :)

grindalf(Posted 2014) [#12]
How am I only just finding this tool now. This is awesome :)
Doesn't help me with my current project but its still awesome.

Juggernaut(Posted April) [#13]
The links in the first post are not working. Can anybody please re-upload ?

Dan(Posted April) [#14]
Here, both files as 7z in Expirebox, valid for 2 days

gpete(Posted April) [#15]
Nice....experimenting with the various export modes.....thank you!~