BB code for T.ed needed

Community Forums/Developer Stations/BB code for T.ed needed

Doggie(Posted 2013) [#1]
Unfortunately the website is down for maintenance for a bit
and I'm away from my home computer for an extended period.
If someone would be so kind to post a link to the BB code
to load T.ed worlds Id be obliged.

Thanks!

DOG

D4NM4N(Posted 2013) [#2]
Sorry just seen this.

Email me about it (so i can get your email addy) . I will post it to you.

Doggie(Posted 2013) [#3]
Thanks. E-mail sent.

DOG

D4NM4N(Posted 2013) [#4]
Sent it back did you get it ok?

Doggie(Posted 2013) [#5]
Yes, got it ok. Thank you. I'm having trouble getting anything other than ice-cold to load in though. I looked through the manual but can't quite figure what I'm doing wrong. I need to setup a certain directory structure and save a Ted an Epr and an X file plus all graphics files seperately in different dirs??? It's a little complicated.

thanks!

DOG

D4NM4N(Posted 2013) [#6]
The export (when epr is checked) puts everything in folders (maps props and skies) for you to simplify the layout of the files.

It should automatically copy;
-any imported props to the export folder under "props"
-terrain + epr script to "maps" (there is also support for a loadscreen here, see example)
-skyboxes to "skys".

The example you need to look at is the "epr_loader_bb".

In there you will find an basic example file (and a more advanced one with collisions) and 2 others a "public" include and a "private" one.
(The private is not designed to be accessed directly. The public one is the one which you should call stuff from).

Once you have exported your world with props, terrain and epr checked you should be able to load the world with the LoadWorld call as seen in the example.

You do not -have- to use that folder structure but until you get the hang of what the loader file includes are doing i reccommend exporting your world and using the example file in the same way as the demo. (Just change the Loadworld line to the name of your map folder inside the "Maps" folder). If you want to later change it to store the props and skys in the maps name folder then you can modify the loader files to look there for the props folder instead.
(although i would not reccommend this if you will be using the same assets on more than one map)

-By the way, the EPR file is actually just a textfile which when opened may help you understand what is going on, but ignore the filename field on props in that file. (This shows the original import location rather than the game's local "props/" one which is automatically resolved by the loader code).

PS: if you want you can zip up your export and code you are trying to load it with and i can take a look for you.

Doggie(Posted 2013) [#7]
Thanks Dan.
I'll keep messing with it.

DOG

Imperium(Posted 2014) [#8]
I'd love to purchase the TED program. Please get in contact with me Dan. :)
I tried your email but they keep bouncing back.