I think OLED will be my solution..

Community Forums/Common Room/I think OLED will be my solution..

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#1]
Since Im Suffering from screens light I came to the conclusion that
OLED Screen might be my ultimate solution..

Even that I use black background for my programming the LCD Led works at same strength,

So my conclusion is that this unnatural light aura or magnetic field harms me a lot.

Plus The unnatural sensation of.. a so called flicker free screen.. Is still feeling pretty unnaturally and flickery to me

therefore i believe that an oled which have a true black state might be finally the one!

but the filthy industry and please dont give me silly explanation how they cant produce a computer monitor by now.. doesnt want to release OLEd monitors..

So my only options are a TV OLED..

what you guys thinks about TV OLED for computer use?

I tell ya. if ill solve my Monitor issues.. I will blossom in computer area..
as for now.. im limited..

xlsior(Posted May) [#2]
but the filthy industry and please dont give me silly explanation how they cant produce a computer monitor by now.. doesnt want to release OLEd monitors..

The primary reason: Until fairly recently, it was VERY expensive to produce larger size OLED panels, there were too many manufacturing defects to to reliable produce screens larger than cellphone or tablet size without a ton of dead pixels.

At this point in time they can make them, but production capacity is still fairly limited, and they get purchased by the TV manufacturers pretty much as fast as they can crank them out. But sooner or later, you'll start seeing monitors as well since it is pretty much the future.

what you guys thinks about TV OLED for computer use?

Probably fine, albeit with a few caveats:
- Many modern TV's have a bunch of magic intended to make the TV signal look 'better' , where it does image interpolation and calculate in-between frames etc. While mostly fine for 24FPS TV shows, but can look like ass with a 60+fps computer feed. SOME TV's allow you to disable those features for SOME of the input ports
- On top of that: some of the TV's image proccessing chips that are supposed to improved the image, add a few frame delay. Fine when you're watching TV, but not so good when you are playing a fast or competitive game.
- Many TV's have an overscan mode, where it doesn't map the input pixels 1:1 to their screen locations, but apply an overscan mask since that is how older CRTs used to show the image. If you hook up a computer, it may automatically go into overscan mode which can cause the outer edge of your computer image to disappear outside the visible part of the screen, which can include your entire windows task bar. (Some video card drivers allow you to apply an overscan correction to account for those lost pixels)
- Some TV's only support a limited # of resolutions -- you're probably fine with 1920x1080 and 1280x720 (1080p and 720p), but not all TV's will handle lower resolutions, e.g. older games that try to run at 1024x768 or 800x600 may not be supported at all when you use a TV for a monitor.

For all of these features and 'enhancements', make sure to read the manual to verify that you can DISABLE them. If you can, and it supports more than just the standard HDTV resolutions, then you're probably OK using it as a monitor.

RemiD(Posted May) [#3]
Maybe your electromagnetic sensivity comes from a toxic body ? (too high load of harmful metals/acids/drugs or slow eliminated waste)

I remember that i had a blurry vision and that i sometimes had difficulties to read text on the computer screen when i ate/drank all kind of crap...

xlsior(Posted May) [#4]
High blood pressure can also lead to eyestrain.

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#5]
Probably remi and xlsior as i eat loads of crap
But i don't do drugs..
I don't live the perfect ideal life..

My Immunity is not 100% but..
Still..

With all this said.. Monitors are active instruments and my weak Immunity when it comes to my head detect its harmfulness.
Its too active..
If it wasn't harmfully active i would remain at the same state i came in when i start my day programming..
But its not.. I quickly after 5 mins not in shape..

On paper i have no prob..

Even if i somehow become 100% healthy i will still suffer.
It's more than that for sure..

I need a low passive monitor and oled might be it.
But those tvs are so big.. And expensive..
So will see..

I do lots of exercise so im healthy on that matter.
But other than that on all other matters, i live a horrible life..
Socially and so on..
And yea low mental state if harmful too.

RemiD(Posted May) [#6]
by "drugs" i also meant medicines (and their side effects)

About monitors, have you tried to use some kind of projector to project the screen on a wall (at the size you want!) ?

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#7]
Yeap. Projectors arnt good for me

xlsior(Posted May) [#8]
Here's an other option now: e-ink monitor:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/paperlike-world-s-first-e-ink-monitor-13-3#/

(Unfortunately, around $1,300 for 13")

Of course it's black and white and wouldn't be fast enough for 3D games, but can be connected as a second screen and should have no problem running your IDE while you're coding itself.

The big advantage of eink is that the screen itself doesn't emit light, but instead reflects ambient light back at you. It's like reading a book on paper, much easier on the eyes, and unlike LCD/OLED/whatever, looks fantastic outside in bright sunlight as well.

Similar to the display built into the Amazon eReaders (not tablets)

Biggest downsides are that it's black and white, (16 shades of grey), with a much lower refresh rate than typical monitors (doesn't mention refreshrate, but I'd be suprised it it's more than 5fps or so), but eink is great for reading text

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#9]
this E Ink is amazing ultimate solution which I considered.. but whats really stop me is it small size 13" if it was like 23" than i might..

but tnx for that option Xlsior.. I might rethink it with my few active cells which remained in my brain

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#10]
Though if i had the right brain i would have done what xlsior said long time ago about this paper like monitor

Hardcoal(Posted June) [#11]
Planning to buy this OLEd TV .. Glad to hear opinions..

LG Curved Model 55c6y

https://youtu.be/H8c86HOBAD4

xlsior(Posted June) [#12]
65" would seem horrible for a monitor to me.

I have a 32" one myself, and that one is perfect, no way in hell I'd want to get something that's over 4 times the size. either you have to put it 10 feet away from yourself, or everything will turn into a tennis match byt literally having to look back and forth all day, killing your neck.

28-32" is the sweet spot in my book.

Hardcoal(Posted June) [#13]
first its 55" but yea i agree its huge.. but i cant find a smaller oled tv..
so that must be it.

xlsior(Posted June) [#14]
first its 55" but yea i agree its huge.. but i cant find a smaller oled tv..
so that must be it.

The video description said 65", but yeah -- it appears that across the board, prett ymuch all OLED tv's are in the 55-65 inch range.

..although you can buy a 7.7" OLED monitor: http://store.smallhd.com/store/AC7-SDI-OLED-Field-Monitor

Sony sells professional OLED monitors, but their prices range from $5,300 to $45,000: https://pro.sony.com/bbsc/ssr/cat-monitors/cat-oledmonitors/

xlsior(Posted June) [#15]
Hm.. Dell has a 30" 4K OLED monitor:

https://www.oled-info.com/dell-brings-back-its-up3017q-30-4k-oled-monitor-and-slashes-price-1500
http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/accessories/apd/210-aiei

Listed for $3,305 on Dell's website.

But FWIW, this may be an interesting read as well:
https://www.oled-info.com/oled-monitor
Of course OLED technology is not perfect. One of the major drawbacks of an OLED display is image retention (burn-in). In an OLED display each pixel is driven independently and each pixel ages differently - the brightness is reduced with use. To put it simply - a pixel that was used a lot will be less bright than a pixel that hasn't been driven as much.

For mobile phones and TVs this is less of a problem - but in a computer user interface many UI elements are quite fixed (toolbars, icons, etc) which means that burn-in is a real problem. There are some technologies to handle this problem - for example by measurement and compensation, and the lifetime of OLED displays is improving all the time. In addition user-interface designers can design a user interface that will be more suited for OLED displays.

So... Seems like with the current tech, you may not want to fork over a crapton of money for an OLED screen just yet... (Even when using an OLED TV, you will still run into the same burn-in issue when using it as a monitor)

Hardcoal(Posted June) [#16]
i just checked on the store an oled tv .
plugged my laptop and it looked pretty great ..
the dell monitor is freaking too expansive and unavailable anyway

im aware of all the downsides but all i care is my eyes..
all the rest are less relevant for me

xlsior(Posted June) [#17]
Just make sure you set your PC to turn of the screen while idle, to prevent burn-in as much as possible. :-?

Hardcoal(Posted June) [#18]
Sure Mate you are totally right. And I will :)
I sure hope its gonna help me..
regardless of that I will have an awesome TV.

Tv's of today are the Tv's I only dreamt of..

We are truly living in the future atm
I just wish I was younger and a bit less troubled

Also im in love with synthersizers..
currently the best synthesizer you can get your hands on is Yamaha Montage..

highly recommended

Rick Nasher(Posted June) [#19]
Dunno dude. Can only speak for myself but LED's are *really* hurting my eyes, especially blue and white ones(high energy), but not just those.
There's also some recent, like half a year back, studies that showed eye strain conditions related to LED's and the stuff they radiate.

For this reason Samsung included some warnings about eyestrain/disclaimers with their products using OLED's such as smartphones etc. Of course they wont shout this from the rooftops as for now only a small percentage of people seems to be affected and lots of money is involved.
So, if not yet I'd try using an old OLED device such as a Galaxy S3 for a month or so to see if goes well with you(not with me). For a TV it shouldn't give much issues as is further off, but monitor could pose a problem.

(The older LCD's backlight could also give issues as it's using rapidly flickering TL backlight)

I now have an S7 and it's reasonably ok, but the S3 wasn't that kind to my eyes, possibly due to the thick glass acting like a lens?

xlsior(Posted June) [#20]
Dunno dude. Can only speak for myself but LED's are *really* hurting my eyes, especially blue and white ones(high energy), but not just those.
There's also some recent, like half a year back, studies that showed eye strain conditions related to LED's and the stuff they radiate.

LED and OLED are very different.

"LED" screens are really traditional LCD with a LED backlight panel instead of the old fluorescent panel.

"OLED" are organic LEDs, where each pixel is its own actual light source, without a a backlight bleeding through.

(IIRC correctly Hardcoal has been complaining about LCD/LED before, while saying that he doesn't get the same headaches and eyestrain and issues when using his tablet for extended times... Of course that could also be caused by a monitor taking up a much larger chunk of your vision compared to a small 7" tablet in your lap, in which case using a 55" TV as a monitor is going to make the problem massively worse)

Hardcoal(Posted June) [#21]
the LCD monitors keep radiate their light even when the screen is black..

And i can feel it penetrate my brain like X rays in some days..

I cant even start to describe what side affects I get from this..
because you might not believe..

At least in OLED when Ill use black background im gonna get really zero Radiation from the off pixels .. and no one can deny that..

when ill use full colors, well I dont know about that..

anyway im gonna take my bet and see how it goes..

either ways im gonna end with a amazingly wonderful TV, there is no doubt about that.

GL to Me

All my programming level is being awfully degraded due to of all of this shit!

TY GOD!

Ye im awfully pissed!

I would quit all computers if I could.. and start drawing or live on a lonely beach.. but hmm I tried.. its not easy :p :)

Its a huge bet.. but really.. its either i give up on everything and start world traveling or giving a last shot!

Incase you havnt noticed.. I didnt even released a single complete project since I am here..
it makes me look and feel idiotic..

you cant create perfection when the creation process is contaminated .. it will always turn awkward, twisted and or un elegant.

u cant really make art while u are radiated with gamma rays.. :p the whole process is no fun.

Since the price is so high.. im trying each day to convince my self i dont need it..
but maybe I do.

Xlsior.. I get your point about the size.. sadly I cant try a TV and return it back..

there must be something wrong with my brain as well.. i wont deny it.

Cheers

Rick Nasher(Posted June) [#22]
On my phone(OLED) I set everything to darkthemed + bluefilter is on. That helps somewhat as long as I don't use it entire day.

And at work I wear dark sunglasses entire day while in front of monitors(not the poloaroid ones). Also I use eyedrops and found lack of sleep appears to make it worse.

Hope you'll find resolution for your troubles. I know how much it can hurt.

Hardcoal(Posted June) [#23]
I bought the screen 55"
All I can say for now, its seems better..

Its like too little too late.. for me.. in life..
maybe I should have not touched programming to start with..
since it appeared to be a waste of Time/Life.

I set the monitor into game mode or you will get a delay with your mouse..
Im using dark colors..

For now i dont have a table that enables me to sit far.. so sadly i sit like 80cm..

but.. since its oled.. You can decide which size will be your screen..
All I can say is that the bright colors till hurt me..
but when most of the screen is black or dark than it seems to be better.

I need to setup a longer table..

Windows 10 is insisting to force you the white color which is disgusting approch

xlsior(Posted June) [#24]
Try pressing alt+left shift+print screen to enable high contrast mode, which switches windows to a dark color scheme with light outlines

Hardcoal(Posted June) [#25]
Its ok Xlsior already my browser and other stuff are on black mode..
im only bordered with the white color of text pages..
all the rest are fine

Rick Nasher(Posted June) [#26]
I always use F.lux on Windows, to kill the blue tints more convenient.

Hardcoal(Posted June) [#27]
the Tv is awesome..would i say its the perfect solution?
nope..
but it seems to be better..

ill report after ill hope more experience

what I like about 55" oled 4k is that u can decide what size is your monitor..
if you see the background into black than the monitor size is the size of the window you open..

then you can use it like a 30" monitor if u like and sit pretty close if you desire.

this was the monitor of my dreams more or less ide say 100 years ago..

the curvness of the screen is also cool since its not over curved