Programming Success is very dependent on the IDE

Community Forums/Common Room/Programming Success is very dependent on the IDE

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#1]
Just a Deceleration.. for people who may not get how important is a Good IDE
and how significant it is on all the aspects of your work.

Naughty Alien(Posted May) [#2]
good IDE is really a must...i owe endless THANK YOU to Ziggy for fantastic BMAX/Blide, which i use for my CNC and other electronic/firmware programming stuff...stunning and i love it..

..now im wondering, does BLIDE work with BMAX NG and if not are there any plans for such integration??

Matty(Posted May) [#3]
We use vi at work. It does the job....

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#4]
The thing that i need the most in blide and ziggy wont add is the option
to go back from where you were like in a browser..

Although Blide is Great and we all Owe ziggy our lives :)
I can imagine a far better concept for an IDE than that..
but Im still very pleased other than what ive mentioned Above..

Naughty Alien(Posted May) [#5]
...mm...undo does work in blide, very well?

gpete(Posted May) [#6]
totally agree that the IDE is #1. I am super confused about Microsoft Visual Studio IDE now. So yes, I only used the Visual Basic tool in the past, but now I cannot even FIND THAT! Crazy stuff like HTML-5, C# and stinking JAVA, and other horrors....
I realized I don't even know how begin with the IDE anymore. It's maddening.
I'm sticking with Blitz products, Monkey, Power Basic, last GFA Basic, Pure Basic, Nuclear Basic!

GW(Posted May) [#7]
Visual studio code is shaping up to be a great lightweight ide that's extendable. A lot of languages are already supported. I use it as my Python ide. I think that Bmax and monkey2 could both have a future with it imo.

Hardcoal(Posted May) [#8]
Naughty Alien

im not talking about undo lol
im talking about jumping to a function by pressing shift f2 and than wanting to get back to where you were..

GW yea, visual studio looks great.

gpete(Posted May) [#9]
Good Grief -- that is what I have installed "Visual Studio Code" - its NOT Visual Studio Suite....so looking at it I now see that it has support for many many programming code types...just now noticed it has Microsoft C and C++ support, also something called AlphaBasic- this will take some time to digest!
Well goodness- port Blitz3D-Blitzmax-BlitzBasic-Monkey over to it!-(and yes I do not know what that would involve ;) )

degac(Posted May) [#10]
Just looked at https://code.visualstudio.com/docs/extensionAPI/language-support for VSC and - !!! - it seems a little complicated !!!
Of course VSC is a big-beast (intellisense & co) so to have certain results I suppose there's a 'cost'

Just downloading it..