Soundcloud

Community Forums/Common Room/Soundcloud

skidracer(Posted May) [#1]
The site now supports soundcloud embedding.

To embed tracks in your post, from soundcloud copy and paste the Share -> Embed code and extract the 8+ digit number in the "tracks/" url and place inside a soundcloud bb tag like so: (square brackets for real thing).
{soundcloud 36333839}

gpete(Posted May) [#2]
embed?? nothing I get from soundcloud looks like your post.. I get a https link or else some "frame something or other. Are you sure 8 digit number- I see 9 digit number when I select embed code??

gpete(Posted May) [#3]
How does this sound? I have made well over 30 or 40 songs- some live recorded- some multi-tracked live- some created with the music application "Reason" which is a high end music creation tool. I also play keyboards, guitar, wind instruments, (and I have a lot of old and new synths)

gpete(Posted May) [#4]
ok finally sorted this out.....

you have to use the SQUARE Brackets [ ] - not the curly brackets { }

skidracer(Posted May) [#5]
Apologies, updated instructions.

Also, am enjoying The Last Day I Saw You very much.

gpete(Posted May) [#6]
thx Skid, I am liking this Soundcloud thing! I will post some more songs today... I use Goldwave to shrink my wav files down to mp3..I realize now I could post all or most of my songs to Soundcloud with the basic free 80 megabyte limit.

gpete(Posted May) [#7]
here's another! "Slofinger"

skidracer(Posted May) [#8]
Nice, I'm thinking Slofinger is deserving of some lyrics, have you done anything with words and music?

I have now added vimeo bbtag support also - {vimeo video_id}:

gpete(Posted May) [#9]
@skid I frequently come up with song ideas early mornings- music and words both...I suspect when I am semi-conscious dreaming. Funny thing is within an hour or so it fades in my mind. I used to keep a notepad on the night stand to jot down lyrics.
What are the instruments or software tools you are using to create your music Skid?

skidracer(Posted May) [#10]
Last night I was on harmonium reed organ with mandolin and vocals. More typically I play bass and scream loudly.

On the computer I have been using garage band and mainstage for last few years. If I ever get a new Mac I will move to logic.

Pakz(Posted May) [#11]

testing.

Posting from the ipad is not simple it seems but it works.

gpete(Posted May) [#12]
@Skidracer -I have a harmonium from India also!! dual bank (5/4) sliders. Its a great instrument, one hand for the bellows, one for the keyboard- quite hypnotic! I have a banjo-another fine instrument..
@Pakz- nice work..keep at it! :)

skidracer(Posted May) [#13]