The Two voices - Have you discovered the second ?

Community Forums/Common Room/The Two voices - Have you discovered the second ?

Dan(Posted April) [#1]
Again, another Pool candidate, (just like my previous question), type of question.
(in a way this question is related to the previous post)

1. yes, i know of the silent voice
2. no, haven't discovered it yet.

Almost everyone of us use this self talk in his daily life.
It is this voice in the 'head' which i'm talking when i say 'Loud voice'.

Sometime you actively talk to yourself, sometime to calm yourself down.
Sometime you listen to it and get angry. And maybe you even do not realize that
there is this voice, because it is there and you converse with it on such frequent basis that you do not even question it.

That (above) is the type of voice which is common here on earth.
You recognize it, because it is pretty Loud and it seems to be always there.

But there is a second type of a voice. It is so silent, that, if you do not know that it is there, you would almost never discover it.

The next thing is, that the first type of voice does know when you are able to HEAR the silent voice, so it will always try to make you not listen to it.

And with this, it should be obvious, that you'll need to somehow quiet the Loud voice, to be able to discover and to listen to it.
(a word of warning: the Loud voice will try to speak you out of even trying to)

The silent voice does not talk with words, but when it talks and you hear it, you will understand.

It may take practice to recognize it, because it is covered with silence. But it is there.

So my question is, have you discovered it yet ?

xlsior(Posted April) [#2]
"hearing voices" probably isn't the best indicator of sound mental health.

Dan(Posted April) [#3]
Thank you, xlsior, it is understandable that your conclusions will lead you to this answer, but i haven't asked that.

Self Talk or www.psychologytoday.com are only few of the examples which i'm reffering to.

by psychologytoday.com:

Each of us has a set of messages that play over and over in our minds. This internal dialogue, or personal commentary, frames our reactions to life and its circumstances.

This is what i meant under point 2 from my fist post.

If you are meditating, or lucky enough not to develop this self talk, then congratulations.

But still, there is this 2'nd voice, which is actually not a voice at all.

I'm not the only who is able to listen to it.

Here is one of the examples:

edit: changed video, added another video.

Flanker(Posted April) [#4]
No offense Dan, but are you a member of a sect ? You create topics about little things in everybody's life, trying to make them think that it's more than that, typically what sects do to recruit take money from people.

BlitzMan(Posted April) [#5]
Yep i hear voices thats why i take sweeties for it.perhaps i could give you my doctors name.
She is lovely the big purple eyes and tentacles are a pain though.Believe me you dont want an enyma from her.

RemiD(Posted April) [#6]
Oh please... Not Eckhart Tolle bs, put me in a debate against him and i will destroy most of his interpretations and he will probably flee crying like a little child... (the typical defense of a new age proponent : "why are you so negative/skeptic/critical, you have to believe my words")

(btw i am for positivity/optimism/self improvement, as long as it is not delusional...)

Dan(Posted April) [#7]

No offense Dan, but are you a member of a sect ?

Nope, no sect, no insects, no churches.
Self discovery through past events, which i now recognize as leaded guidance.
(meditating practices, prayers etc etc)

Strange but at the knowledge, at which i am now, i do understand Eckhart and other Spiritual teacher/preacher.
And their talk helped me to understand more, where my undestanding (till then) was not enough.

You do not have to believe in this stuff. At some point you may, or may not. (its not up to me to judge what will be).
But at least if you come to that point, then you will remember this.
If not,then at least you have had a reason for a Laugh or Two.

col(Posted April) [#8]
*sniff* *sniff*