Where are you ? (read: where is the I, in you)

Community Forums/Common Room/Where are you ? (read: where is the I, in you)

Dan(Posted April) [#1]
Everyone in this world is addressing himself as I.
But most of the people address, with the I, the Body.
And only few of people are aware, that the I, the real I, has nothing to do with the body.

So my questions are:

1.Which identification is currently dominant for you ?

2.Where is this I, which you call yourself I ? (location)

- (1.1) if you think you are the body, you can have this awareness of it either in the Head or Hearth (for example)

My answers:

1. Currently vacillating between this body and this 'nothingness which must be something' which is probably caused by the learned behavior.

1.1 as highly visualistic type, it is mostly in the head area. although i can move it.

2.I have discovered that the i, what i call i, is not the body, not the thoughts, not the emotions, not the feelings, not the mind, not even the energy, which surrounds me when each of previous not's fall away.

edit: 22.4.2017:

Here are few youtube links, you can choose the appropriate one for yourself:

Rupert Spira: How Do I Practice Self Enquiry?

A Simple and Profound Introduction to Self-Inquiry by Sri Mooji:

Enlightenment Guided Inquiry - The Neti Neti Method

You can search for others inquiry methods on youtube, if these do not suit your understanding.

P.S. These exercises are meant to be repeated over and over.
How long does it takes ? - That depends on your conditioning and your willingness.

skidracer(Posted April) [#2]
I am a downtrodden failure wondering how to digest my own self loathing and believe brevity is 9 parts consideration.

degac(Posted April) [#3]
Sorry, but 'you' are just a perception for the others, filtered by their own mind.
None is 'real', just some electro-chemical fluctuations in a grey-sponge.
Even 'reality' is a matter of perception.

Ok, I go back to work...

EOF(Posted April) [#4]

ErikT(Posted April) [#5]
I'll throw this out there. At what point do you stop becoming "You"?
Suppose your were in a big accident and had 95% of your body parts changed. Would you still class yourself as the original you?
What if brain transplantation becomes a thing. Would it still be "you" in a different body?

Cool little video about that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQVmkDUkZT4

RemiD(Posted April) [#6]
I view "me", "I", as :
->the total knowledge, experiences, understanding, skills, abilities, that i have accumulated since i was born
and
->my body which i can partly control consciously and which is partly controlled by my "subconscious mind"/cells
and
->the "life force" which gives me "life" for the moment

I feel that my "mind" is located where is located the third eye
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_eye

Related to this, again, is the work of "George Lakhovsky" where he explains that the "life force" (if i remember correctly, he considers it as an electromagnetic field (not an electromagnetic wave)) can be amplified or reduced depending on the resistances accumulated in the body (conducting/insulating substances, harmful organisms, badly healed parts, cancerous cells, ...) (but since we are aging, getting sick, and dying, that would make your god not benevolent toward us, humans :P)

BlitzMan(Posted April) [#7]
I am alive therefore I am.

xlsior(Posted April) [#8]
What if brain transplantation becomes a thing. Would it still be "you" in a different body?

Technically, I suppose that would make it a bodytransplant.

degac(Posted April) [#9]

I view "me", "I", as :
->the total knowledge, understanding, skills, abilities, experiences that i have accumulated since i was born
and
->my body which i can partly control consciously and which is partly controlled by my "subconscious mind"/cells

Some considerations:

Biologically our cells change in time (their lifespan is from 2 to 120 days for blood cells) so our body is not the 'same' of the origin: speaking of 'our' body is a non-sense at this point :)

Neuron cells seems to not to have a pre-determinated lifespan (they seems to last more than our body!) BUT they are 'live' only if they are 'stimulated' (new connections required with other neurons, memory exercises or movements).
Otherwise (excluding neuron illness) they are destined to die.
We stop to produce new neurons (in general) at the birth: what we have is what we can use (and some people doesn't use at all!!! ).

Memory: there's nothing more ephemeral than human memory! Excluding some exceptions, like some form of autism, memory (=neural connections) can change/be destroyed/removed. None remembers early days of our brith; none remember *everything* he/she did (so 'total knowledge, skills, abilities etc' are not 'accumulated'... are just transient when not used!), our memories tend to change: we like to fade-out some things or focus on other, so 'common facts' are different from person to person.

So, technically, 'I' is something in a a certain 'time-point'. We are not even living in 'present'!, as there's a - technical/physiological time gap from external events (an image, a sound, a touch) and the interpretation/registration of if: we live in a world delayed of about 20/25 ms...

What represent you? What do you DID (or not), what do you LEFT (or not).

Yes... it was a long and heavy week at job! (fiscal control damn!!!)

RemiD(Posted April) [#10]
@degac>>my body is not exatcly the same that it was at the end of my growth, but even if my body has changed in some ways due to my environments, my lifestyle, my habits, random factors that i don't control (like toxic substances, parasites, damages...) there is still a model which is respected (some say it is the dna, whereas Georges Lakhovsky proposed (and has proven it to some extent) that it is the field), so even if our cells die and their molecules are recycled/eliminated, the new one (and the bodyparts) are built following a plan.

The other thing to consider, is that cells may only be vehicles/tools to build/repair a body but may be controlled by another force (Thomas Edison proposed this, it is similar to the idea of the "life force")

Naughty Alien(Posted April) [#11]
..guys..wtf.. :)

Dan(Posted April) [#12]
*Added few youtube links, for the people who actually are interested in topic.

see my 1st post.

P.S. These exercises are meant to be repeated over and over.
How long does it takes ? - That depends on your conditioning and your willingness.

And.

I'm not asking for assumptions:
It's your conditioning that is questioning and assuming. So do not suppose anything.
IF you are interested, then do the exercises and then tell us what your experiences are.

gpete(Posted April) [#13]
I feel like I exist mostly in the upper forward part of my head. When I try to feel where my thoughts come from in words- that is the location. The sense of body is kind of a pulsing thing with physical sensations. I guess that is what you are on about..... ;) oh yeah vision is a big deal also..

Matty(Posted April) [#14]
I am the result of chemical reactions occurring in my nervous system and nothing more. My nervous system is focused on my brain and spine but extends throughout most of this physical form I call me. My consciousness exists purely as the result of sensory input in positive and negative feedback loops. The eyes being a highly dominant sense places my position of my consciousness somewhere around my head.

xlsior(Posted April) [#15]
When you think that the brain is the most important part of your body, just consider which organ is telling you that.

;-)

RemiD(Posted April) [#16]

I am the result of chemical reactions occurring in my nervous system and nothing more.

then why what George Lakhovsky proposed and manage to achieve works ? (using electromagnetic fields to "add lifeforce" or to "stimulate cells")

And this disregards all the shared experiences of "extra sensory perception" (imo it is not "extra sensory", it is just senses which are not understood/considered)

Matty(Posted April) [#17]
Re:George Lakhovsky - here's a quote I heard once about this sort of thing:

Q.What is alternative medicine called that works?
A. Medicine.

In my mind it is most likely nothing but quackery.

xlsior(Posted April) [#18]
Q.What is alternative medicine called that works?
A. Medicine.

/bears repeating.

RemiD(Posted April) [#19]

In my mind it is most likely nothing but quackery.

i would agree if the technology would never have been used in hospitals and if there was no objective proofs, which is not the case (it has been used and there was objective proofs)

You have to consider that the "treatments" used nowadays are partly used because of lobbies which have influenced some people of the past governments to change the laws in their favor.

same thing for infectious organisms treatment
same thing for cancer treatment
same thing for tooth decay treatment

but you are free to believe what you want and to disregard the available evidence...
(of course i agree that not all alternative treatments are efficient/have proofs to demonstrate their effects)

ImaginaryHuman(Posted April) [#20]
I agree we are not bodies, we are immortal spirit.

"I think therefore I am is false." I think therefore I AM NOT. What you are is nothing to do with thinking.

Dan(Posted April) [#21]
@RemiD, i'm not even trying to argue (if you haven't noticed it)

But the logic, Objective proof is not valid.

You are seeking a Objective observable proof, of something that is not an Object at all.

You cant hold it, you cant see it, you can only Know God.

Beside of it, God made you, you the world and each rule in this world, including maths, gravity, colors, tones and even Logic.
(you not as person obviously).

Of course you are able to be in the Body as observer of all of it. And you are able to, not only to be in one body, but as every body/animal/plant/rock/planet/molecule etc etc.

And when you forget all this, then you will seek and look for God and evidences where he is not.

But luckily you were clever enough to ensure that you remember.

RemiD(Posted April) [#22]

You are seeking a Objective observable proof, of something that is not an Object at all.

if you have difficulties to understand/express yourself in english we will have problems to communicate...
"objective" means that you are not the only one who can observe it. (it does not mean that it is necessarily material)
"subjective" means that you are the only one who can observe it. (most of your claims are like that)

What you call "god" i call the "world" or "nature", and i don't need any arbitrary rule or fantasy story to tell me what to think or what to do/not do.

Your interpretation of "signs" is subjective, if you were a believer of new age teachings, you would say that it is your thoughts/emotions which allows you to influence the world/events in your favor (what can be influenced of course).
And as i explained, even if there is no real effect (like thoughts/emotions waves) outside of your mind/body, when you change your perception and your state ("vibe") you automatically change your way to think, your state, way to act, attitude, body language, spoken language, and this will have an influence on how others perceive you and react to your words/actions. (no need for a "god" or "angels" to improve your life !)

Dan(Posted April) [#23]
Thanks, i'm still waiting for someone to actually start answering to the topic of this thread.

And thanks for keeping it up !