Spiritual awakening ?!

Community Forums/Common Room/Spiritual awakening ?!

Dan(Posted April) [#1]
I'm curious.
How many of you have had so called Spiritual awakening ?

How many/ who:

... of you have experienced some kind of reality glitches ?
... of you have had precognitive dreams, which came as such later (in time).
... of you are able to astral project ?
... are seeing the numbers like 1:11, 444, 555 (its more like noticing than seeing)
... hearing a voice which is not their own, but telling the truth, always ?
... of you have a Guide (unseen), which is telling you what to do and how to do?
(read guiding you to the best results. or even what seemed bad turned out to be good )
... of you believe that God creates Perfection ?
... of you still believe that God creates Perfection even if personal experience was not so pleasant ?
... of you understand that almost everything in this world opposes God ?

Thanks for reading, and thanks for replying.

Pax(Posted April) [#2]
Count me in for # 1

Yue(Posted April) [#3]
Last night dream of the number 770

Naughty Alien(Posted April) [#4]

..this one i have had..

Flanker(Posted April) [#5]
I'm a very cartesian person, and I don't believe in god, but I must admit strange things :

- the number 512 for me, If I wake up in the night, it's often at exactly 5:12, or it goes from 5:11 to 5:12 at the moment I look at the alarm clock, and I just say myself "once more". It's been like that for years, maybe I focus on it but that's strange.

- younger I used to play the "call the spirits" game, trying to communicate with dead people and things like that, but it was just to make girls afraid so they come closer to us :D But once, with 3 friends, we had cut 26 pieces of paper on the table, each with one letter of the alphabet on it, at the end of the session, after nothing happened, one of my friend blown on the letters, and only 4 remained on the table : each letter was the first letter of our 4 names. The probality to happen is so low that it seems very strange.

Rick Nasher(Posted April) [#6]
Hehehe, Flanker, - "we've only just began.." - 1408
But yeah, been there did that(and worse, I've challenged.. as I'm raised an atheist and kind of a disbeliever in things not personally witnessed like Thomas, so perhaps that's why).

Once had a vivid 'hallucination' while racing my bike up a slope in a pedestrian only area, of 2 cops, 1 with a bike. As it was so overpowering I stepped off to find nothing there. Naturally I stepped right up and continued my need for speed, racing down the other side of the slope, 10 sec later I almost crashed into them..(I was only 12 years old and bit shaken up after)

Also had many occasions in my old house such as watching a movie on tv, thinking about a certain person, phrase, text or song, switching channels and whoops there it is. Now that I would categorize as a coincidence, but not when happens 3 times in a row! And that happend many times, gave me the creeps. I tried to find many explanations such as super hearing(perhaps the neighbors watching something I'd picked up?) But also happend at places where there was not such a possibility and also was with text on TV, so nothing audible.

2 weeks ago I was talking to a colleague about the movie 'Fallen' and started humming the Rolling Stone's song in that movie, phone rang, I picked up and customer has it playing quite loud in the background, exactly where I stopped, saying: "Pleased to meet you, hope you've guessed my name!"

Many, many times. Like things half a year up to 2 years ahead. Can't do anything with it though, so kinda useless.

Not sure..

... are seeing the numbers like 1:11, 444, 555 (its more like noticing than seeing)
1:11 /2:22/ 5:55 All the time on the digital clocks, sometimes worse than other times. Like wake up middle of night and look at the clock, tadaa! There it is again. And last week at work an email received at 13:13:13 <- my colleague was stun. Also lot's of customer phone numbers containing an undesirable combo I will not mention. Of course all these things can just be coincidences, but I've come across too many 'coincidentals' in my time along with some other unusual incidents, so I kinda stopped believing in that. Usually it's a sign something nogood is on it's way(like as if a warning or laugh in your face if you will).

At work few years back had couple of times that when I was, shame on me, falling asleep and was woken by a wisper in my ear calling my name softly but very close up, while no one around/all busy at a distance(pretty weird).

... of you have a Guide (unseen), which is telling you what to do and how to do? (read guiding you to the best results. or even what seemed bad turned out to be good )
I found multiple times that things appear to have been a setup in advance, many years ahead, only to come to a climax where all pieces suddenly fitted.

The Universe is so massively great and fantastically small - that must be perfection. Humans are perfect because of their imperfections, which may sound contradicting, but things can't be all light/white, for how would one distinguish anything? There always needs to be dark/black, for contrast. What is a white sheet without text or pictures?

... of you still believe that God creates Perfection even if personal experience was not so pleasant ?
See above.

Not really. Lots of things seen in the long term could be regarded as a vessel or tool for getting things across. Like the Romans where a plaque and blessing to people for they came with lots of violence, horrific things and taxes(:-), but also civilized thingies such as central heating, highways, schools and in the end Christianity(in which name a lot of bad has been done) but is like it or not the foundation/environment of the Western world that helped it grow to what it is technologically today. The pain and lives of the individual people mean little(and a lot at the same time, paradoxical) in the greater picture of the vastness of the universe, started and managed by an eternal being.

Similar as we would crush ants while walking round for building a hospital, which to that ant is the end of the world, while the hospital is there for a greater good.

Floyd(Posted April) [#7]
I could hardly be less religious or spiritual. Of the items in the initial post the only one that applies to me is seeing number patterns.

A couple of years ago my car odometer hit 55555 and just a couple of days later when I pulled into my garage the trip odometer read 444.4 and the time on the radio's digital display was 11:11. That was strange.

Religion is okay except for people who feel compelled to impose it on others. Here is an example of the opposite. When I was young one of my closest friends belonged to a fundamentalist Christian sect. In his basement there was a poster depicting the history of the world, all six thousand years of it. Our conflicting beliefs never caused any problems between us. He once invited me to go to church with his family. I said no thank you. In all the years I knew him that was the totality of our religious conversation.

Kryzon(Posted April) [#8]
I'm not against religion. You do whatever you want with your time.
I'm strongly against the indoctrination of children ("children" as in younger than 18).

Children are fed religious assertions at a time when they're not mature enough to make their own judgement on those assertions. This is wrong.

But someone might say, "if you get to pass your values to your kids then I get to pass my religious values to my kids".
But you're not "passing values" after all, are you? Plenty of people force their children to take their faith: "If you want to live under my roof, you go to my church."
Here's a question to add to your list, Dan:
... were you truly ever given a choice?

The people running Christian churches are very smart. They will never let go of the possibility of indoctrinating children because they know that this is what gets them the best followers. The kind of people that, as adults, might have scientific scrutiny for some things, but when it comes to their religion their childhood conditioning takes over.
Dear adult religious person, the way you look at other religions ("yeah thanks, but no thanks") is the same way you'd be looking at your own religion right now if you hadn't been forced to take it when young.

In a world where all religions say "this is the One True Religion. Everything else is false \ temptation \ the work of a demon", it's difficult to believe any of them are true.
Especially difficult to believe in one that relies on a single book that was written by f*** who knows.

RemiD(Posted April) [#9]

...of you have experienced some kind of reality glitches ?

several compared to what we are taught in schools or in the medias what reality is, but this does not mean that there is no shared objective reality but rather that we don't fully grasp what "reality" is. (not only physical/matter based but also maybe spiritual/thought based)
also, "reality" could mean what happened in the past and what we consider true/false and good/bad (people/things/ideas), and history is always subjectively interpreted and sometimes distorted (especially concerning world war 2 afaik), and funnily enough the people who have the more degrees are just people who have a great ability to learn/repeat the official version (even when it is a fantasy not based on verifiable proofs), and then these "experts" are paid to repeat this information in schools or in the medias...

several times i "experienced" the same dreams with a past girlfriend, even if we did not talk about it before. Weird.
I also had several dreams were i was in another person's body and experienced the things he did but without any reason to do that (i did not know the guy and i was not influenced by a book or a movie...)

no idea how to do that but i am curious, but rather to be able (if it is possible) to go in unknown places with my "spirit/vision" (i can only go to places i already know at the moment, so it is more visualization than anything else)
Apparently the CIA has guys who are capable to do that. (not sure if this is true or false)

you are probably insane (just joking, but be careful how you interpret things to not believe things which are most likely fantasy)

... of you have a Guide (unseen), which is telling you what to do and how to do?

imo this is a way to see the world, the voices/images you receive in your mind can be interpreted as messages from "god", or messages from your "spirit", or simply messages from your subconsciousmind/cells. Again be careful how you interpret things to not believe things which are most likely fantasy.

those who believe that are ignorant about the horrible things (arbitrarily, randomly) which exist in this world (predators, parasites, radioactive substances, toxic substances, poisonous substances, natural disasters which kill innocent children, harmful/killing accidents which hurt/kill benevolent honest people, animals who hurt and kill just for fun (not to eat), cancerous cells, birth defects...)

this would be a mix of ignorance, denial, stupidity ;)

a benevolent "god" as fanatic religious people present it most likely does not exist (also read about the origin of such gods and you will see that they were part of a group of gods a long time ago...), but spiritual/thought entities in a never ending competition (with sometimes symbiotism or cohabitation between some entities) in the same way that we see in the physical world with species, probably exist (imo). I find funny how the "thought world" and the unexplained "abilities" that we have are never taken seriously by "scientists".

RemiD(Posted April) [#10]
About religions, the simple fact that there are several religions/gods, destroy their credibility.
Also it is interesting to learn new langages and the origin of words, for example "hell" apparently means "shiny" in gallic/germanic langage, and the 22, 23, 24, 25 of december apparently represented transition days between the old sun and the new sun (in french, noel = new sun)
Also, do you see animals debating about religions/gods ? No, they do what they want/must to survive/reproduce, and whatever their actions (sometimes damaging/harmful to others and sometimes unfair), some species have been here for thousands of years (so your gods either do not exist or do not care...)

Naughty Alien(Posted April) [#11]
...far as i can tell, it is rather unwise, if nothing, then to accept possibility of God existence...perception about everything, we have, is based on a very very tiny and im brave to say, insignificant amount of life time to even observe properly everything around us, yet alone, to make a final, absolute decision about certain things, considered to be by default, far greater than we are or our intellectual capability to either recognize it, or understand it..

Dan(Posted April) [#12]
i wrote somewhere else (i guess in this forum, about JW's):

"If you are the programmer, and made a war game, you can stop shooting, but the game is programmed to kill."

Let me difference the world of God between this world.

Earth
This world is a world of opposites.
Here it is possibile:
to believe that love is hate, that death is freedom and peace, that happiness lies in making others feel bad.
To believe that love can be changed.To believe that God is powerless.To believe that the problems of the earth can not be healed by God.

Heaven
While the world of the God is unchangeable (in its content), it is ever increasing.

The unchangeable content is: Happiness/Joy, Love, Freedom and Peace.

God is live, literally. (for human understanding)
He is giving you live always even in this second. And he is unwilling to take it away from you, because he would lose you and this would make him unhappy.
There is no death, loss is impossible.

People often look at the circumstances, at the presented events, and then judge.
It is clear and evident (read for the eyes to see) that if you look at the functioning here on earth
you will come to conclusion:

that life needs life to survive. (read loss)
that competition is natural. (from the sperm to the job)

What most people do not understand is their origin, and that looking at the world is the opposite to looking at God.
(this is understandable, because nobody tells you this, unless you have some experiences which validates it)

quoted sentence: ... of you still believe that God creates Perfection even if personal experience was not so pleasant ?

this would be a mix of ignorance, denial, stupidity ;)

It is stupid, ignorant and denying only if you look only at the experience and not on the whole.

let say, at work,through an accident , you break your leg. - experience = unpleasant.

lets look further:

you have asked/thinked to have a better paid job. Through an accident you broke that leg, were in hospital for a longer time,and could not continue your old job,
which wasnt all that bad. experience = unpleasant.

this is still not enough:

you found a newer job, which is better paid and have a lot of freedom there, no pressure. - experience = ?

and it is still not enough:

lets say, you are somehow workaholic, but do not like to write curriculum vitae, and do not like to search for a job, even dislike to have the interviews. you are not as good as talker but better as do'er.
But still hoping that in the job, which you were doing, will be some improvement in the conditions
and then the above happens.

Looking at the whole situation is sometime better than on the experience.

While it is true that God creates perfection, here on earth are things going on, of which we do not understand much, because we see only a part of the whole.
a very individual part, so to say.

edit:

Right the Programmer's link got missing:

People do not understand their link to God. While God is the Creator of perfection and does not need Time at all,
here on earth you do need time to learn that God really creates perfection.

There, in the eternity, there was an idea, which leaded to creation of earth, where the opposite can be seen.
But ask yourself, who is the "Programmer" of this, and can something, what God does not know, exist at all.

col(Posted April) [#13]
All I know is that if there is such an entity as a god and its a dude, or if I get to meet it or any of its minions then I'm going to kick them right in the bollox so that they know what it feels like to be left in this state.

Dan(Posted April) [#14]
@col, if someone kicks you in the butt in the next days, (instead of whatever bollox mean), forgive me, i could not resist to laugh.

Or what is better: You have a butt now, so try to kick yourself there. Will be a bit hard to do, and funny to look.

you are not left in whatever state you are.
you have only forgotten where you came from, and this is understandable.
nobody else has put you where you are right now.

then I'm going to kick

sorry, but that thinking (and similar) has to dissappear if you would like to know God.

Because if you would meet God with this intention in your Mind, someone would do it to you.
It is not God which is doing it then, but you.

At least that i could understand from the experiences i have had, and am able to tell you this.

God does not punish, he is not able to, it is Alien to his thinking. But he can heal.

May God bless you.

col(Posted April) [#15]
nobody else has put you where you are right now

.. And EVERY soul is responsible for where it is and how it got there too?

God does not punish, he is not able to, it is Alien to his thinking. But he can heal.

Why are there so many sick and ill people? Most people have an ailment of some description, where is gods healing in their time of need?

Because if you would meet God with this intention in your Mind, someone would do it to you.

Why is that?

Dan(Posted April) [#16]
im going to answer only the last question:

Why is that?

Do you know how you communicate with God ? With your thoughts.

While you can not hurt God, God is giving you what you ask For.

If you have the intention to kick God in the butt, then he can give you this.
he will not understand why,but as you have asked: then someone has to come to you and kick you in the butt.

if you do not understand this, then maybe the following sentence:
on some level far behind the body, beyond the mind and the thoughts, beyond the energy, you are the same as God.

col(Posted April) [#17]
I understand the universe as a single entity. We are a part of that whole single entity. Which in turn, means it only makes sense that there are connections between all parts of that entity and therefore between each and every one of us. We are connected together and we are connected to everything else in our existence. I feel we have the lost the ability to understand the emotions and thoughts in a way to process and understand any messages from our surroundings ( or maybe we didn't lose it but are just discovering it? ) but if you stop, look, listen, feel and embrace then you do certainly realise that more is going on that meets the eye.

Your analogy of a man getting a broken leg to then be given a better life sounds a little harsh if you are going to contribute that to a god. Who says that there is a ticketed, merit system? Are you suggesting that getting a broken leg is the price for a better life? What is wrong with a better life without having to 'pay' for it in some way.

On that note yes, you can start to 'learn' by 'asking' the universe for things. I've done it many times and it works very well and I'm getting better at it with practice, however it had nothing to do with a 'god'. I've also ventured into telepathy with incredible results. It is US doing these things without the intervention of an all higher entity. WE have the ability for psychokinesis, telepathy plus all of the other 'mysterious' things that can so easily be attributed to something else. WE should wake up and take responsibility of it, grab it, learn it, harness it and nurture it - and not give the credit to anything or anyone else. That credit is ours for ourselves and we should embrace it with open arms.

Dan(Posted April) [#18]
i guess there is a tiny bit of understanding which is needed:

On the contrary:

if you would go to God, with the intention to heal someone
then first there needs to be someone else, who is sick, so that you can heal him.

Dan(Posted April) [#19]

Are you suggesting that getting a broken leg is the price for a better life?

nope, that is exactly the opposite of what i was trying to tell.
i know it can be said in that way but that's rather unwanted way on looking at it.
(if you like misery over hapiness then follow the quoted thoughts) (it is understandable that the way of this thinking is possible when you look that the message of crucified son is spread in that way too. but the ressurection is mostly ignored by people who think with these thoughts)

you have to put the things together.

It was only my unwillingness to search for something new.
And i have asked for something new.
And the circumstances were put together to bring me to where i wanted to go.

I do not view the whole experience as bad as described. I can only tell what the outcome was, now after all the years.

WE have the ability for psychokinesis, telepathy plus all of the other 'mysterious' things that can so easily be attributed to something else. WE should wake up and take responsibility of it, grab it, learn it, harness it and nurture it - and not give the credit to anything or anyone else. That credit is ours for ourselves and we should embrace it with open arms.

Thats true.

col(Posted April) [#20]
Or of course the whole thing could be coincidence? I mean who is it that decided that the cycle of events has finished and you are at, or have passed, the final outcome?

Life has its ups and down and we all work harder to increase the frequency and longevity of the 'ups'.

I think we do see the similar things except you decide to attribute them to a god, I decide to take responsibility for them myself.

Another note is that yes, you can bring bad things upon yourself as well as bring the good things too. Which does bring some truth to the age old saying 'be careful what you wish for' :)

Dan(Posted April) [#21]
Iv learned that there is no coincidence in God.

So i guess i'm facing some unconscious hidden beliefs, which shall be abandoned.

Iv learned as well, that God is not coming to places where he is unwelcome, but where he is welcome, there is happiness, where earlier sorrow ruled.

(the last statement,of a place where he is unwelcome is contradictory, because he is everywhere)

RemiD(Posted April) [#22]
@Dan>>your bs is quite incredible and inconsistent with reality, so i am going to answer some of it :

let say, at work,through an accident , you break your leg. - experience = unpleasant.

lets look further:

you have asked/thinked to have a better paid job. Through an accident you broke that leg, were in hospital for a longer time,and could not continue your old job,
which wasnt all that bad. experience = unpleasant.

this is still not enough:

you found a newer job, which is better paid and have a lot of freedom there, no pressure. - experience = ?

and it is still not enough:

lets say, you are somehow workaholic, but do not like to write curriculum vitae, and do not like to search for a job, even dislike to have the interviews. you are not as good as talker but better as do'er.
But still hoping that in the job, which you were doing, will be some improvement in the conditions
and then the above happens.

Looking at the whole situation is sometime better than on the experience.

ok, let's take some others example and apply your logic :

you are quite happy with your current situation but an alcoholic who is driving too fast and not on his side of the road crashes against your car.

this is still not enough :

you wake up in the hospital but you can only move your eyes. You are afraid and not sure if your state will improve.

and it is still not enough :

after several months of intense care, the doctors manage to put you in a wheelchair but you can't move anything but the eyes and the mouth.

Looking at the whole situation is sometimes worse than on the experience...

and we can talk about natural disasters killing innocent children, about parasites eating their host and making them chronicly sick/handicapped, about predators killing just for the fun (not to eat), about people who were born with heavily handicapping birth defects, about bad weather damaging a whole harvest.

If your god exists, he is certainly not benevolent. (and i am not talking about my situation, but rather about some random events/things which happen to some people)

especially babies born with birth defects or dead in the womb...

(however i agree that your thoughts/emotions can have an impact on your world, even if it only change your perception, and then your attitude, your actions, your behaviors, and your internal state, others people can feel it and will calibrate to what you project)

you can start to 'learn' by 'asking' the universe for things. I've done it many times and it works very well and I'm getting better at it with practice, however it had nothing to do with a 'god'.

exactly, it is more using your natural abilities and maybe have an impact on the "thought world" and others entities, you don't need a "god" or religion to do that.

Rick Nasher(Posted April) [#23]
@RemiD:

Believing in something unseen that I've been told by others is something I'm incapable of, like probably a lot of people and I agree with you that the mind/fantasy/the chemical brain/etc can really play tricks on a person.

I do not like religious people who are trying to convince and force their personal believes onto others. Similar as people with an addiction rather have others having the same thing, so they don't have to be confronted with they're own shortcomings and don't need to doubt or think about the situation or themselves, no need to change(which is scary).

I always thought about people who are believers that they are really just pathetic hopers/dreamers, as they don't really know for sure. I compared it with like when hanging on a cliff by one hand. Nearly everybody in that situation would start to pray out of shear desperation, just in case help may come. So that's not real faith to me and not based on something I would call logic.

Nevertheless..

Let me just say I've experienced some things apart from the small things I've mentioned, that I'm not that willing to share here (for my own and anyone else's sake) that cannot really be explained by pure logic, nor would people just believe it unless witnessed, as some people near me at the time did too. I suffice in saying that I approached things very scientifically and did what a logic non-believer would do when one wants to dis- or prove that something else/higher exist besides pure coincidence of being. Of course saying this raises either curiosity or will be deemed as bluff, fantasy or lots of BS, which it isn't.

If someone gets what I'm saying here I must say I strongly discourage the approach I've taken, but I also cannot be totally silent about my findings as it turned me into a 'knower', not a 'believer' and I might be forsaking a duty perhaps. If you're on the slope of a pyramid looking down, you can see all the way down and what's going on at previous steps. If you're looking up you can't see what's going on at the next step as it's hidden by your point of view.

skidracer(Posted April) [#24]
When I am listening to music I can enjoy both the notes and the space between the notes.

God isn't a thing for me. God allows me to abstract my self from my life and enjoy it properly.

I personally denounce the christian church for the following reasons

1. forgiveness implies judgement
2. christ is a sad mind control weapon of colonisation
3. child abuse festering in EVERY corner

As my dad is an Anglican clergyman I typically keep my views to myself.

Rick Nasher(Posted April) [#25]
One should not confuse religious societies constructed by man with in a higher being/consciousness if you will, not constructed by man.

Man should not rule his fellow man in any sort of way. No one should be considered higher than another.

Dan(Posted April) [#26]

you are quite happy with your current situation but an alcoholic who is driving too fast and not on his side of the road crashes against your car.

you wake up in the hospital but you can only move your eyes. You are afraid and not sure if your state will improve.

after several months of intense care, the doctors manage to put you in a wheelchair but you can't move anything but the eyes and the mouth.

and we can talk about natural disasters killing innocent children, about parasites eating their host and making them chronicly sick/handicapped, about predators killing just for the fun (not to eat), about people who were born with heavily handicapping birth defects, about bad weather damaging a whole harvest.

If your god exists, he is certainly not benevolent. (and i am not talking about my situation, but rather about some random events/things which happen to some people)

There is one distinction between my story and your logic.

Mine has happened and i told it afterwards.

You assume something from my story and think that it will come so.
(i have not told you that you need to go that way or that it needs to go that way for everyone.)

I have used my story to tell you that if something bad happens and if people judge it too fast, it will be bad for them.

Dan(Posted April) [#27]

There is one distinction between my story and your logic.

Mine has happened and i told it afterwards.

You assume something from my story and think that it will come so. Moreover it shows negative thinking pattern.
(i have not told you that you need to go that way or that it needs to go that way for everyone.)

I have used my story to tell here that if something bad happens and if people judge it too fast, it will be bad for them.

If your god exists, he is certainly not benevolent.

Depends on how you look at your happiness.
If this God would be invited from you, few things would dissappear.

Things which hurts you but you think they makes you happy.

Yes you would view him as "not benevolent", probably.

But things like death, sorrow, illness, powerty etc would disappear too.

Dan(Posted April) [#28]

If you're on the slope of a pyramid looking down, you can see all the way down and what's going on at previous steps. If you're looking up you can't see what's going on at the next step as it's hidden by your point of view.

cool, ill try to remember this analogy.

1. forgiveness implies judgement

only from a man's point of view.
or better say from the egoistic mind pov. because its judgement shows what has been done and to forgive it then, but still keeping in mind that he has done it. And thus not forgiving at all.

God's judgement would heal.

RemiD(Posted April) [#29]
@Dan>>i like my life and my current state and i don't need any "god" to make it better.

However my current state is good because i had the chance to meet a competent surgeon which removed a birth defect that i have not chosen (i was a baby) which was handicapping, so if your "god" gave me this burden, without reason because i did not know the world, i did not think anything, and i did nothing good/bad, what does this mean ? this means that either there is no god and that a mix of order and chaos rules nature (and you can clearly observe this in the interactions between animals), or that your god is careless or sometimes malevolent (and therefore i don't want to have anything to do with him)

Similar situations have been experienced by thousands of people who did nothing bad to be confronted to very harmful situations (what about the old religious men who rape young children, what benefit do you think the children will get from this experience ?)

@Rick>>i am not a 100% materialist, i consider the "thoughts world" because it can be observed by me and by others, however i think that having these abilities (inner voice/vision/feeling) means just that we have abilities to maybe interact with a "thoughts world" or at least to change our inner state, but in no way this implies that a "god" exists and rules/judge us... It may just be others ways to sense/emit signals...

christ is a sad mind control weapon of colonisation

for once we agree on something ;)

Dan(Posted April) [#30]
@RemiD, what would you do, if you would discover, that each and every situation and circumstance, in which you found yourself in the past until now you have asked for ?

Nobody else but you, maybe unknowing, but still have asked for it ? and got it exactly as you have asked for ?

This is maybe fearfull, but at least it's a hint of what is going on in this world.

RemiD(Posted April) [#31]

if you would discover, that each and every situation and circumstance, in which you found yourself in the past until now you have asked for ?

how can i chose something that i was not able to choose since i was not conscious yet ? (handicapping birth defect)

how can an innocent child chose to be raped or tortured or killed ?

how can a baby turtle chose to be killed by a fox just after going out of its egg ?

how can a fish chose to get infected by a parasite which will then eat the fish's tongue in order to live there and steal his food ?

how can a mouse chose to be tortured and then mutilated (while eaten) by a cat ?

how can a whole tribe of african people chose to become blind because of a parasite transmitted by mosquitos ?

how can a tourist chose to be killed by religious fanatics while visiting peacefully a region ?

how can a victim of a car crash chose to be hurt so badly that he will be heavily handicapped all his life ?

you seem ignorant about what happens in the shared observable world...

however if we accept a mix of order and chaos, these events fit in...

Nobody else but you, maybe unknowing, but still have asked for it ? and got it exactly as you have asked for ?

the day something very bad happens to you, count on me to remind you that you "chose" it.

Dan(Posted April) [#32]
Sorry, remi, i see from your other post from (jw) that you are not really interested in the topic.

xlsior(Posted April) [#33]
I'm curious.
How many of you have had so called Spiritual awakening ?

Define 'spiritual' --

Thinking about it from a logical point of view:

Either the universe is natural and always has been, or it was created by a deity.

- If it was natural: there is no way to explain or even comprehend something that has no natural beginning.
- for it NOT to be natural, people picture a deity that must have created the universe / wished it into existence.

However, you still have the same problem in that scenario: the deity who created the universe has no beginning either. If you accept that a deity could create itself out of nothing, then nothing is preventing the universe from creating itself either.
Either you have one instance of magic (the universe spontaneously creating itself), or two (an all-powerful deity spontaneously appearing, who then goes on to create the universe itself. Somehow a single instance of magic seems more likely than a 2nd instance of magic preceding the same miracle)

At near-infinite time scales, pretty much anything is bound to happen somewhere by random chance.

Anyhoo, whether or not there are any divine forces in play in the universe doesn't really matter in the end -- in either scenario your cause of action boils down to just one rule: Don't be a dick, and try to leave the world a better place.

BlitzMan(Posted April) [#34]
I dream of sheep counting humans:)

xlsior(Posted April) [#35]
And to quote sir Terry Pratchett: "I'd rather be a rising ape than a falling angel"

(tu) ENAY(Posted April) [#36]

Let me difference the world of God between this world.

I have my own views

Earth
This world is a world of evidence.

Heaven
This "world" is a world with no evidence.

RemiD(Posted April) [#37]
@Dan>>i find funny (but not surprising) that you chose to disregard the examples that i have posted (which can be verified by anybody and destroys the logic that there is one omnipotent benevolent god and that there is always a meaning/benefit in events which happens to people/animals/things) but still you claim that you know better (but we can't verify it)... Typical behavior of religious people.

Dan(Posted April) [#38]
remi, i find it funny too, but im not going to go on the examples which you have posted.

the reason is that in this world you can believe in either one or the other.

Either in God or in ...

You see, if you want to verify something, which is of this importance, you have to understand why you see what you see.

But you showed me that you do not uderstand what i was trying to say (in this tread and from the jehowah witnesses tread)

The world you see is ruled either by a Ruler or is Free, but you have to understand where this ruler is.

And this Ruler makes you ask these questions.

If you would like to see the difference and benevolent God, YOU have to change the way of YOUr thinking.

I cannot and i do not want to change your way of thinking. I can Guide you but you have to be willing.

I see God as my Father. And he will do everything to make me Happy.
(not the bodily father, neither the father of this body)
Which means my identification is neither body, nor the mind. Iv discovered that even the Energy, which surrounds me is not myself.

And im not willing to write as much like a whole book just to expain to you what is happening and why.

and ill use your quote:

by RemiD
Also while some people are wasting time/energy posting

i still do have my meditations and prayers to do.

i can only say for your understanding: the way in which you ask QUESTIONS is the way in WHICH YOU WILL SEE THE WORLD.

Because this world arose by one of your question. And now you see it and act in it and believe it is of God.

(this is something, which nobody will tell you. At least noone who is of this world)

Dan(Posted April) [#39]
Or to say all this in a fantasy language:

Who sane would ask the Genie from the Lamp, to see such things when you could see better things ?

(tu) ENAY(Posted April) [#40]
You do know you can edit your post and not just post repeatedly in the same thread?

remi, i find it funny too, but im not going to go on the examples which you have posted.

So, ignore looking at reality then I guess.

Posting separate one line statements without logic or context isn't going to convince anyone to erm whatever you're trying to say.
Dan you were posting weird religious stuff in that other thread, I can't tell if you're trolling at this point.

Dan(Posted April) [#41]
thanks enay.
no im not trolling but im not religious too.
im doing some researches on my own with a guide of a book and with guides which were assigned to me.

Dan you were posting weird religious stuff in that other thread,

may i ask you: is your view on the world, even if you share it with millions, the correct one ?
If you think that you'r living in Hell and share it with them, is this correct view and the only one reality that exists ???

May i ask you, how would you tell someone, who is asking questions, that exact these questions are the reasons why he is seeing what he questions ?

How would you try to convice him, that if he would ask different questions, he would see another, better world ??
(or to, at least, formulate his questions, so that he is asking for a sollution of the problems that he is seeing ?)

(maybe he would not see it immediately, but with a bit of training - as it took time to learn from this world and what you call Reality)

We do live in Duality, where the opposites are possible, but almost nobody questions the reality of their reality.

And the ones who do, are taking great risks to tell others about this.

And i never said that i'm ignoring what you call reality. I only do not share the negative aspects of your so called reality.

Sorry, if you want to live in paradise, then you have to share the mindset which would be in paradise and not the mindset which prevails in hell.

Is,at least, the last statement (above line) logical ?

RemiD(Posted April) [#42]

And i never said that i'm ignoring what you call reality.

yes you do, you ignored my examples which happen in the observable world, whether you like it or not.

I only do not share the negative aspects of your so called reality.

"negative" is a subjective evaluation, from what you have posted before, you most likely think that to be loving and forgiving is always "positive" but to me it is not, it depends on the case/context.

Sorry, if you want to live in paradise, then you have to share the mindset which would be in paradise and not the mindset which prevails in hell.

"paradise" and "hell" are christian/muslim concepts, they do not exist in others views of the world / religions. So again you demonstrate how ignorant or delusional you are.
(oh and i have nothing against you, but i don't like arbitrary bs)

Dan(Posted April) [#43]
Edit:
Btw remiD:

Dan:And i never said that i'm ignoring what you call reality.
RemiD:Dan yes you do,

what i have denied is not the reality, i have only denied to answer your questions.

That's not the same.

/edit

Please explain me your view of the examples which you have asked, and what do you expect me to do with them ?

And why are you asking them here, if you do not view them as negative or hellish ?

Do you want me to judge others situation ? which i can not judge at all ?

please consider my following statement:

May i ask you, how would you tell someone, who is asking questions, that exact these questions are the reasons why he is seeing what he questions ?

When i tell you the explanation of:

how can i chose something that i was not able to choose since i was not conscious yet ? (handicapping birth defect)

(as if TIME matters for when you have asked these questions.)

You would not believe me.Because you want an example of which i can not give you.

What i can give you is an way to find out how you have asked it. But for that you must be willing to find out. which you are not.
You have to do some exercises and to quiet the mind, which, from the experience with the other people who have the same belief like you, you wont do them.

I'm not in charge of what shall happen, but i know that everything here is, as it is, for a reason.

And the simplest answer to all your questions is "Do you really believe that God is Cruel" for your answer is yes with each of your question.

And you have already judged God as nonexistant for yourself.

If you expect miracles, from who shall they come, if God does not exist ?

and what is arbitrary bs ??

And if you are not interested in this topic at all, why are you posting here ? (as if i do not know)

skidracer(Posted April) [#44]
I feel sorry for any AI reading this thread, totally screwed.

RemiD(Posted April) [#45]

Please explain me your view of the examples which you have asked, and what do you expect me to do with them ?

You say that the people/animal concerned by a bad situation asked for it.
The problem is that some of these harmful situations (with no beneficial outcome) sometimes happen to people/animals which are too young (babies, children) to be conscious of their environment or to have good/bad thoughts/intents etc... So how can they asked for it if they were not conscious ?

The other problem is the "bad situation can be an opportunity" idea that you propose, where indeed, in some cases, a bad situation can make a person change for the better, but in some cases her life will just be ruined, full of pain and misery or simply death (so no positive outcome).

The other problem is that sometimes a harmful situation happens to a person even if the person was not aware of the threat and therefore could not have asked for it or feared it...

The other problem is that what you consider "negative" / "hellish" is a subjective evaluation, depending on the kind of organism you are and your requirements to survive/grow/reproduce, the good/bad positive/negative beneficial/harmful of a thing can vary (i already said that)

(as if TIME matters for when you have asked these questions.)

i can not have asked something if i was not born and not conscious, or you assume that there is an existence before birth and maybe after death, but even if you have faith in that, this does not make it true. How can you be so sure and how can you prove it ?

What i can give you is an way to find out how you have asked it. But for that you must be willing to find out. which you are not.
You have to do some exercises and to quiet the mind, which, from the experience with the other people who have the same belief like you, you wont do them.

i have done many similar exercises, and read many books around this subject, you would be surprised... But i am not impressed by the results, a lot of talk from the authors but not impressive results/proofs... thoughts/emotions certainly have a positive/negative impact on somebody's life but this does not mean that this is the work of god...

I'm not in charge of what shall happen, but i know that everything here is, as it is, for a reason

you are right, all the horrible examples that i have must have a meaningful reason, or maybe not, maybe some chaos/randomness/wrong place wrong time/bad luck is the reason.

If you expect miracles, from who shall they come, if God does not exist ?

i don't believe in miracles, i believe in a mix of order and chaos, which means that some things are fixed you can't change them, but some things are not fixed, and can be influenced with your thoughts/internalstates/words/actions.

and what is arbitrary bs ??

arbitrary = "founded on personal whims, prejudices"
bs = bullshit = "foolish talk, nonsense"

(tu) ENAY(Posted April) [#46]

And i never said that i'm ignoring what you call reality. I only do not share the negative aspects of your so called reality.

You ignored all of Remi's post and then just continued on your own.

I never even mentioned paradise and I don't think anyone else did.
Did you even read my post?

Is,at least, the last statement (above line) logical ?

Nope, absolutely everything you have said is illogical. The fact you even have to double check with us.. Well I don't need to say anymore really. So I won't.

RemiD, just, don't bother. Wasting your time.

Dan(Posted April) [#47]
Remi is not wasting his time, he has accomplished his mission:

He needed an "preacher" which he could "push off his door" just that the door of this thread was not his house.

The fact you even have to double check with us..

Why double checking ?
If you do not understand (or do not want to understand) such simple thing then i do not have a Reason to explain it to you further.
Why should i put an effort to explain something, which will, at the end, hit deaf ears ?

Beside of it, im still thinking that RemiD asked these questions to completly derail this thread.

But at least i have learned something more, last night, while sleeping.

I never even mentioned paradise and I don't think anyone else did.
Did you even read my post?

That was a question to think about.
Wait a minute, weren't you the one, who told me not to open single posts:

You do know you can edit your post and not just post repeatedly in the same thread?

Of couse i could have written @all or something, as i stopped addressing YOU in my post at some time.

You say that the people/animal concerned by a bad situation asked for it.
The problem is that some of these harmful situations (with no beneficial outcome) sometimes happen to people/animals which are too young (babies, children) to be conscious of their environment or to have good/bad thoughts/intents etc... So how can they asked for it if they were not conscious ?

The other problem is the "bad situation can be an opportunity" idea that you propose, where indeed, in some cases, a bad situation can make a person change for the better, but in some cases her life will just be ruined, full of pain and misery or simply death (so no positive outcome).

The other problem is that sometimes a harmful situation happens to a person even if the person was not aware of the threat and therefore could not have asked for it or feared it...

The other problem is that what you consider "negative" / "hellish" is a subjective evaluation, depending on the kind of organism you are and your requirements to survive/grow/reproduce, the good/bad positive/negative beneficial/harmful of a thing can vary (i already said that)

Sorry i haven't said that. Your logic said that to you.

i can not have asked something if i was not born and not conscious, or you assume that there is an existence before birth and maybe after death, but even if you have faith in that, this does not make it true.

This assumptions come when you think that the reality is linear just like time is.
Which is not.

How can you be so sure

(I was doing some chakra clearing that time.)

I woke up one morning, not opening my eyes, not moving, wanting to go back to sleep.

But there was it, my voice, my thoughts. i listened, they spoke.

Later that day, the things happened of which i have heard (in a way).

But i am not impressed by the results, a lot of talk from the authors but not impressive results/proofs...

Thats ego's judgement.

Nope, absolutely everything you have said is illogical.

Yes i see:

You have to understand that Thoughts are one way. While you think about the ones, you can't think about the other type.

Thinking about war is bringing you war thoughts. (replace war with all examples which remiD gave)

but:

Thinking about Peace is bringing you Peacefull thoughts.

Acting Peacefull is bringing you peace, believing in peace is making way for the peace around you.

Thats Reality.

Ask yourself following questions - take one day for asking and wait 2~3 days before you go to the next question. (at least wait until you come to your logical conclusions)
Important here is to wait and not to answer immediately. Or else you will speak with the Ego's thinking system.

1.How does a priest pray ? - (sidenote for nonbelievers: nobody in this world is doing anything, if he would not believe that, what he is doing,is bringing him benefits.)

2.What is the difference between a Priest and between Normalo's (so to say - you) ? - (sidenote: there is none, just in thinking)

When you get to the conclusion that the prayer are actually thoughts,then ask yourself:

3.How does the music/tv/other people influence my thoughts and how does this affect my prayer ?

- Do you see only chaos mixed with order ? The 3rd question is an answer to this.

There are more of such questions which go hand in hand.
At the End, you will understand why i'm not going to answer the questions which RemiD has asked.

Once you understand that they are causing delay, you automatically dismiss them, because you want the other type of thoughts and experiences.

(tu) ENAY(Posted April) [#48]

no im not trolling but im not religious too.

But at least i have learned something more, last night, while sleeping.

Dan, I just re-read some of your posts, I get you now. Haha, great work. I'm in on the joke now. :)

RemiD(Posted April) [#49]

1.How does a priest pray ? - (sidenote for nonbelievers: nobody in this world is doing anything, if he would not believe that, what he is doing,is bringing him benefits.)

2.What is the difference between a Priest and between Normalo's (so to say - you) ? - (sidenote: there is none, just in thinking)

When you get to the conclusion that the prayer are actually thoughts,then ask yourself:

3.How does the music/tv/other people influence my thoughts and how does this affect my prayer ?

Once you understand that they are causing delay, you automatically dismiss them, because you want the other type of thoughts and experiences.

I think that i understand what you said, but i don't fully agree, because if your "prayer"/thought are not calibrated for the existing world, you will fail to "manifest" what you want. (disregard my advice to not sleep naked, outside, during the winter period, in the alps, and pray all you want, the existing world/conditions will quickly remind you what is reality and what is wishful thinking.)

Dan(Posted April) [#50]
Sorry enay, that was not a joke.

Few times now, when i ask my guides for help, i do wake up at beteween 1-2 am followed by inspiring thoughts.

@Remi, ok, whatever.

I asked you and others who want to do the questions, to follow the thoughts and to recognize the way which these thoughts produce.
You have to take time for it. And to dismiss all pre-judgement.

But ill end this conversation, and hope someone else comes with some post which are more aligned with the topic.

gpete(Posted April) [#51]
Although I have at times been "religious"- (attended church, said prayers, fellow-shipped etc..), I now feel that all that was for naught. Instead I believe in the need to support other people in improving their lives and encourage sane life choices...

Reality glitches-> As a teenager one summer I laid down on my bed with the sun shining through the window and fell asleep..suddenly I was awake and I looked to the bedroom door and a dark unfocused human figure was standing there..getting rather panicky I attempted to move but could not. The figure moved away and I was able to get up..going through the house I found the front door wide open! (I had recently been reading a book detailing "men in black" type experiences...)
Another occasion- I had gone to pick up a girlfriend at her home- we were going out to gather things for a party that night..While Kari was getting ready, I sat at the kitchen table- her Mom was in the kitchen with a older guy waiting to take her out. So this fellow talked with me a bit and then said "let me show you something". He pulled out his wallet and took out a number of color photos, laid them on the table-, he told me he was working the fishing boats along the Alaska Inland passage, his boat and another were sailing back to port late afternoon-and a very strange event occurred. He said an large object came down from the sky and hovered and moved over the water between the two ships. The photos showed a silvery disc like craft with a disturbed water effect underneath. There were photos showing the craft at various heights above the water and distances between his fishing boat and the one following them. The scale of the disc was around 30-40 feet across (10 meters) based on the width of the fishing boats. You could see other crewman watching from the stern of his boat and the bow of the one following his boat. After several minutes the craft flew off at high speed ... His demeanor was serious and I did not think it was some elaborate prank or faked photos. I have never seen those photos in any book or website since then (1977).

RemiD(Posted April) [#52]
@Dan, ok, whatever.

ErikT(Posted April) [#53]

Deja-vu? Sure.

Yeah, quite a few. Usually just a single image or setting. But I don't trust it too much. Anything that can be explained as a brain glitch I don't accept as proof of anything. And this is pretty close to a deja-vu experience in my opinion.

I've been pondering this kind of stuff on and off ever since I ditched Christianity in my early teens. Because I don't fancy the idea of just ceasing to exist one fine morning but at the same time my mind won't allow me to just settle for any old comforting fairy tale. I think what I've concluded so far is something along the lines of col's take on it; that we're all part of the same universe, and that the way we see ourselves as separate entities is an illusion.

I don't buy into religious dogma, and that includes science :P Science as a method for understanding the world is sensible but limited, because humans themselves are limited. Both in terms of what they have the capacity to investigate and in what they have the capacity to comprehend. Like Noam Chomsky once said (paraphrased), "Take physics, the big star of the sciences. Physicists don't know what 90% percent of the universe is. They postulate it, because that's the only way they can make their calculations work, but they have no idea what it is or any way to prove that it even exists. That's a pretty big problem." Science is theory. You could even argue that religion is a kind of proto-science. A burly man with a hammer in the sky that creates all them thunder storms? Sure, that'll work as a theory until something better comes along.

So, I don't prescribe to any particular belief and I don't believe that everything is just random either. For my part I'm baffled by the fact that I even exist. If my own conception had gone down a bit earlier or later in the evening then half of me would been a different person, and if my parents had offset their procreational activities by a month I wouldn't exist at all. In my mind that makes my own existence a pretty big f'ing coincidence if you factor in the billions of years with all its other random occurrences leading up to that point.

In any case I'll probably keep on pondering this until the day I croak, and that's fine by me :)

RemiD(Posted April) [#54]

I don't fancy the idea of just ceasing to exist one fine morning but at the same time my mind won't allow me to just settle for any old comforting fairy tale

i like the idea proposed by George Lakhovsky : ideas/people/things continue to exist in the "thoughts world" as long as somebody who is alive is thinking about it/him/her. True in a way, since you can kill somebody but not his "spirit" (his known words, actions, behavior, attitude).

Anyway it is time to sleep.

Dan(Posted April) [#55]

"spirit" (his known words, actions, behavior, attitude)

from my point of view: this is not his spirit, it is his learned worldly coat.

His Spirit was created by God. It is unchangeable in its nature, and nothing what he has done or may do in this world will change the spirit.

It is a common fallacy of people who do not believe in a Creator (read who dismissed God as nonexistant) to make assumption about what spirit is.

my mind

nice to mention this in this way. Here are some thoughts, for you (and others) to think:

My mind and I.

Who am i, i if i have the mind. < (formed not as question intentionally)

Who are you, if you have the mind ?

There are many ways of self inqiury.
Discovering of who you really are, is beneficial.

hmm i guess ill open a new thread.

RemiD(Posted April) [#56]

His Spirit was created by God. It is unchangeable in its nature, and nothing what he has done or may do in this world will change the spirit.

more arbitrary unverifiable bs...

It is a common fallacy of people who do not believe in a Creator (read who dismissed God as nonexistant) to make assumption about what spirit is.

it is a common fallacy of people who believe in a creator (read who assume god exists) to make assumption about what spirit is.

BlitzMan(Posted April) [#57]
Just means you are NUTS seek the nearest ASYLUM.The electrode up the arse gave me a right boner.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted April) [#58]
I'm just going to put it out there and let the judgers judge.

... How many of you have had so called Spiritual awakening ?

Several. I have experienced God. God is real. I have not had the 'final' awakening yet., still working on it

The physical universe is a dream, an illusion, and is structured as a hologram. For the most part it does not seem to be a hologram because there is very little evidence that "the all is in every part" i.e. that something can be in more than one place at once. However, there are small glitches in the illusion of consistency, such as quantum entanglement (particles can 'share' over enormous distances with no time delay) or that a particle can be in more than one place or state at a time. These defy the notion that the physical world is objectively real. It's a holographic illusion, and everything in it is actually symbolic.

Actually no precognition. But I've been visited by dead people who I described to someone who knew them and had never seen a picture of the person, and they looked exactly how I described. Also I've had visits with various aliens, including a blue one which housed me and my wife as a combined single personality. He was from another dimension. As far as you can say the physical world is reality, aliens are definitely real.

Tried many times years ago, did not really succeed. I had a partial one. I've had lucid dreams where you know you are dreaming and can do miraculous stuff, like putting your hand through objects and using telekinesis and other stuff.

These can be synchronicities or signs. 11:11 is a popular one that many people experience.

I am a medium and chandler and talk to Jesus, God, Holy Spirit, angels, dead people and other guides on a daily basis. I experience them as voices and also as personality sensations, feelings, and visions. The guidance I receive relating to my spiritual path and daily living is usually far more truth-filled and profound than my little ego is willing to actually accept or trust half the time. When I do trust it it is for the best. Many people would call hearing voices symptomatic of insanity. They should question why they hear their own voice.

(read guiding you to the best results. or even what seemed bad turned out to be good )
Yes in particular Holy Spirit is the "voice for God" and speaks to me all through the day guiding me about what is true/false and what to do. His guidance is always perfect and loving and patient.

God is love and nothing else and is incapable of creating anything other than perfect love. I have had an experience of God and experiences are profoundly educational, more than any intellectual conjecture or beliefs. Because God can only create perfection, God did not create the physical universe. This universe is not objective reality. It is an illusion and almost everyone is deceived by it because they are semi-unconscious. Atheists somewhat have a point that God could not have created this world, given the atrocities that happen. Either God made the world and therefore God is hateful and vengeful and insane, or God did not make the world and God is love. The truth is the latter, and it leaves the question, who made the world? You.

People's egos create hell. The physical universe is hell. Separation from God is hell. People come here to suffer and be sick and die. This universe has no redeeming qualities other than to use it to help you to awaken to reality. This is not reality.

Yes this entire universe was made to oppose God, to shut God out, to make it seem like God does not exist, to attempt to destroy Him and to murder His creation (you). The physical world is an exercise in separation and death. It is a belief in mortality, even though secretly you are immortal. In every way it is designed to obfuscate (programming term ;-) God and make Him seem unobvious. This is why many people don't believe He exists. That was the point. People are heavily, heavily deceived by the illusion that this world is reality. It takes a lot of awakening and questioning and spiritual growth to come to realize a deeper truth that a) God did not make this world, b) God is the only author of reality, c) therefore this world is not reality.

If you want the answers to everything, study A Course in Miracles.

RemiD(Posted April) [#59]

However, there are small glitches in the illusion of consistency, such as quantum entanglement (particles can 'share' over enormous distances with no time delay) or that a particle can be in more than one place or state at a time.

or maybe these concepts exist just because our way to observe/measure these particles is too limited (can alter the measure) and therefore unprecise (and physicists love to create useless theories coming out of their fantasies)

I am a medium and chandler and talk to Jesus, God, Holy Spirit, angels, dead people and other guides on a daily basis.

from your past posts, i noticed that you were weird, but now i suggest that you create a sect with Dan, you seem to be lost in the same kinds of fantasies

I experience them as voices and also as personality sensations, feelings, and visions.

or it is simply your inner voice / inner vision and may be your cells or your subconscious mind or your life force communicating with you... Why mix this will religious bs ?

The physical universe is a dream, an illusion, and is structured as a hologram.

according to you, what we all can sense/feel objectively is not "real"

talk to Jesus, God, Holy Spirit, angels, dead people and other guides on a daily basis.

but your arbitrary fantasy characters / subjective interpretations are "real"
ok !

Yes in particular Holy Spirit is the "voice for God" and speaks to me all through the day guiding me about what is true/false and what to do. His guidance is always perfect and loving and patient.

good for you, with this you will avoid accidents and diseases and aging and stay healthy and immortal ! (most likely not)

God is love and nothing else and is incapable of creating anything other than perfect love

you are either ignorant about many things happening in the shared observable world or highly delusional.

who made the world? You

oh ! that's why i am well formed, healthy, strong, tall, beautiful, smart, rich. I wondered how such perfection could happen.

People's egos create hell

"hell" is a concept which only exist in christian/muslim religions, therefore it demonstrates that you are conditioned if you believe it is real. (why not consider and give the same credibility to the hundreds others views of the world / religions ?)

Yes this entire universe was made to oppose God, to shut God out, to make it seem like God does not exist, to attempt to destroy Him and to murder His creation (you).

and you know this how ? (that i bet we can't verify)

anybody can say anything...

Dan(Posted April) [#60]

By RemiD:

it is a common fallacy of people who believe in a creator (read who assume god exists) to make assumption about what spirit is.

You know, in this world, you can stick either to one belief, or to other.
the one with which you stick, will show you its world and its treasures.

more arbitrary unverifiable bs...

When you become willing to verify it for youself, you will be able to.
(you actually have enough evidences all arround you waiting to be seen as they are)

By BlitzMan:
Just means you are NUTS seek the nearest ASYLUM.The electrode up the arse gave me a right boner.

Who ? In case you mean me:

Hey BlitzMan, please write us your's live story, and stay truthful.
Not for me, but maybe someone else from here can see the difference better.

And btw, this is still friendly forum.

By ImaginaryHuman:

A Course in Miracles.

Ah ! i see, another student of it ^^

Thanks for the sharing.

ImaginaryHuman(Posted April) [#61]
You could also put it this way. God creates reality. Reality is permanent. Anything impermanent is not reality.

If God is real, and if reality has created a world with real sickness and death in it, then God IS that sickness and death, and therefore God is dead. Makes no sense.

BlitzMan(Posted April) [#62]
Why do you people say god he has a name its in the bible.It is Jehova.
Dont quote what you have been told.read it for yourself,and find what you are looking for.

@Dan the spiritual man.

Dan(Posted April) [#63]
@Blitzman, i asked you to show us your life's pathways with such attitudes. Nothing more and nothing less.

im quoting it so that you can easily address it.

Beside of it, i'm calling the Holy Father either Father or God.

@RemiD:

quote:Dan Yes this entire universe was made to oppose God, to shut God out, ...

and you know this how ? (that i bet we can't verify)

You won this bet. I can't verify it to you, because he told me. But i haven't understood it back then. Or didn't wanted to believe that. - whatever ...
Since then my beliefs changed (a bit)

You can't verify it because, eh, you told us there is no God for you.

And now im using your logic to explain it to you:

How can you verify something, what does not exists for you ?
As God does not goes against your beliefs, why should i.

There is a way to verify it, if you like to do all the works, read the course of miracles.
It's words are heavy, it goes against all of your beliefs on a purpose, it has exercises which should be done after you have readed the text.
And it takes time, a lot of time , and willingness to do the exercises.(count one year at least for reading and leaarning and understanding the text, count at least 1 year for the execises (workbook), and from then on you are on your own doing whatever holy spirit is asking you to do)
And rushing this is the exactly the opposite of what you are asked to do.

But i bet, you wont:
You may experience a lot of fear, and even People who you know long may start acting/talking differently to you, by times.
(its all explained in the course)

But it brings understanding of what is happening in this world, and if you accept the teachings, it will show you where God is, and what you need to throw away to have a pleasant experience with him.
(i wrote pleasant because what you have now is what you want to experience with him.)

And then, there may be a RemiD-Clone with which you will lead the same conversation, just like i do now :p

RemiD(Posted April) [#64]

How can you verify something, what does not exists for you ?

reality (the shared observable world) does not work like that... You can be ignorant of some things or don't believe in some things but these things can still exist and be observable (by all those who are willing to do it)

There is a way to verify it, if you like to do all the works, read the course of miracles.

I am going to. But on your side, consider what i have said.
And keep in mind, that your interpretation of something is not necessarily the truth, but simply your limited understanding (and sometimes your fantasy). That's where the scientific mindset/method (to verify if something is most likely true or most likely false) is more reliable than assumptions, beliefs, faith... (and thanks to that we have technologies and techniques which gives us security, confort, ways to communicate and exchange views/ideas, but without that you will probably be repeating/following the teachings of a pope and not even realize that there are alternatives)

Matty(Posted April) [#65]
Re:Spiritual Awakening.

I will share a little bit of something in my life.

In 2015 I had a once off, first time, only experience of a psychotic episode brought about from withdrawal from some drugs I'd been wrongly treated with for close to 20 years.

My world was transformed.

My perception was altered.

Everything about me looked different. Interpreting the world around me became next to impossible. I saw things through an unusual lens that was always shifting and reshaping itself.

After 2.5 months I returned to mostly normal.

After 12 months I was working full time as normal again.

But since that experience between July and September of 2015 when my mind was warped I see the world differently.

Before that time I felt the world was natural, ordered, stable with elements of chaos in it that fits the naturalistic worldview I held.

Since that time I have a slight disquiet in my soul that something, somehow is not quite right with the world.

Is it my perception or is it reality?

I am a numbers man, mathematics is my area of study and field of interest. Programming too.

I notice patterns in the world around me that are probabilistically speaking too unlikely to occur naturally. They are in effect localised coincidences in my world.

I don't always notice them. And sometimes they are only marginally more unlikely than what would be expected with a random distribution.

But there is something there.......

At the edge of my vision I can sense that something in the universe is not quite as it seems.

Do I believe in God/god?

Not the Abrahamic God no.

But do I believe there is an entity/entities outside of human intelligence that are involved in the workings of our universe?

Likely.. Possibly. Perhaps.

The thing is, the patterns I notice are actually there but are meaningless. They are like little markers that are left for me to notice and become aware of. They have no meaning of any sort, but they are like little niggles at my soul to let me know that there is *something* out there, something unknowable, something unusual, something not quite 'normal' about the universe I live in.

xlsior(Posted April) [#66]
Apophenia /æpo&#650;&#712;fi&#720;ni&#601;/ is the human tendency to perceive meaningful patterns within random data.

Just because you 'notice' something doesn't mean it's really there - like seeing a face in the clouds, etc. If you look for it you'll find any random number everywhere, if you buy a new car you suddenly notice the same make/model/color everywhere as well, etc.

Matty(Posted April) [#67]
Yes I've heard that xlsior.

But I actually built a dash cam with my mobile phone, attached it to my sun visor and photographed my environment as I drove around a couple of years ago to statistically measure the pattern I'd notice and there was indeed a rather unusual localised pattern that seemed to follow me when I drive which was proven statistically...however the meaning of it is unknowable...there is no meaning....sometimes patterns do exist...but they are impossible to decipher - and most likely have no greater meaning but that doesn't negate the existence of a pattern.

gpete(Posted April) [#68]
when things seem odd, as in sensing "something", feelings of fear or dread, noticing repeating illusions,shapes,patterns, or looking to decipher or intuit reason or meaning in things...
Well, it's generalized anxiety. Heaven knows,(so to speak ;), that we all have much to be anxious about- work, people you meet, people you don't know, driving!, time or the lack of....etc.

And there is something about obsessive disorder that manifests as anxiety.

I know because it happened to me- perhaps you might speak about it to your medical doctor or even a psychiatrist.
If you ever find yourself feeling the sense of having to flight away from something, and I mean a thing that only you notice...see a doctor for sure.
You are not alone in the world.

xlsior(Posted April) [#69]
But I actually built a dash cam with my mobile phone, attached it to my sun visor and photographed my environment as I drove around a couple of years ago to statistically measure the pattern I'd notice and there was indeed a rather unusual localised pattern that seemed to follow me when I drive which was proven statistically...

If you're the one analyzing video for the results yourself, you still have same confirmation bias as you had going into it, making the outcome unreliable. You'd need someone else to analyze it who isn't aware ahead of time of what you think you are seeing to rule that out.

And that said: If you roll a die you can get a hundred 6's in a row, and it's still random. Improbable, but not impossible -- random data can still (randomly) contain perceived patterns, which would likely change over time.

Dan(Posted April) [#70]
The thing with the spirituality and belief is, that you can either go towards it or away of it.

The path away from spirituality is the path towards material things.

But, once you reach 100% spirituality, the view of material things change.
This is not the case if you reach 100% materialistic view.

The types of questions which you ask, will lead you to either one, or the other.

At certain point of your belief, you will recognize which types of question leads towards spirituality. Then you will understand that the other types of question only cause delay.
And drawback into materialistic view you want to avoid.

Once you understand the above, then you will understand the below quote:

You ignored all of Remi's post and then just continued on your own.

So the main point is to keep the track on the Spiritual path.

Because materialistic oriented thinking will lead you automatically to conclusion, that God does not exist.

even the Bible talks about it.

"Have no idols or image or Sacred Stone nor place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it" is the passage i'm referring to.

You see, if you do not believe in God, then you have done the above thing.
Now everything from here is reporting and telling you that this can not be from God, and so God does not exists for you.

You may not believe all things what the bible say, it does not matter. I'm not a member of a Church too.
But at least, as i have progressed towards the Spiritual path, i have recognized that the Bible does have Truth in it. But it is not seen as long as you judge and know what you are reading.
Without a Guide, the Bible seems fearful and God cruel, but it is only the lack of Understandig and of this i can assure you.

But the bible is another story, what i wanted to get to is, that God has given you a Guide, which you have refused to listen to, and replaced him with your own voice.

And you will need to first build trust with him, so that he may take over and guide you through this world.

And to Quote RemiD:

(disregard my advice to not sleep naked, outside, during the winter period, in the alps, and pray all you want, the existing world/conditions will quickly remind you what is reality and what is wishful thinking.)

Thanks for your warning, but i'm building connection to my guide right now. I understand that on my own this may happen. My egoic thoughts without the Guide will not help me at all.

@all:

Anyway, i wanted to write of some experiments, if you want to try it out.

This numbers are called angel numbers , and are caused to be noticed by you, by your thoughts.

So the 1st exercise is to let the angels show you, that they are with you.

(obviously you will need to know that they are here for everyone, to help that situation in which you are now get improved for the best of All)
(the notion should be on: for the Best of All, which may not hit your personal needs but will in the end, be the best for you too)

Ask mentally following, or similar, with closed eyes : "Dear angels,please give me a sign, which i will understand, that you are around me, watching over me. Thanks."

If you do not believe in Angels, you can add guardian or replace it with God, Guide, Higher Self and even Jesus Christ. (or combination of some or all of it)

They will give you a sign, and you will understand it as such.
Do it only one time in a day, and as long as your confidence in what you saw is low.

Please write your experiences, thanks.

Floyd(Posted April) [#71]
You are welcome to believe whatever you like. But to somebody outside this fantasy world it is all gibberish.

Why would anyone take angel numbers seriously? Even if they did have some meaning how would you know what it is? That web page you linked to tells us the answers, although I can't help noticing that every number sequence seems to have mystical significance.

Who worked this out? Unless angels wrote those explanations I will consider them nonsense. I will pick an example more or less at random. Today is 4/27 so let's try 427. Here is what the angel numbers site tells me. This is really only a fragment of the full story, but you will get the idea.

ANGEL NUMBER 427

Number 427 is a combination of the energies and attributes of number 4 and number 2 and the vibrations of number 7. Number 4 resonates with patience and practicality, hard work and effort, building solid foundations, our passion and drive, and working determinedly towards achieving our goals and aspirations. Number 4 relates to the Archangels. Number 2 relates to duality and finding balance, partnership and relationships, diplomacy and adaptability, sensitivity and selflessness. Number 2 also resonates with faith and trust and serving your life purpose and soul mission. Number 7 resonates with determination and persistence of purpose, faith and spirituality, inner-strength and inner-wisdom, spiritual awakening and development, empathic and psychic abilities. Number 7 is also the number of study, education and learning.

xlsior(Posted April) [#72]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_God_Delusion

cps(Posted April) [#73]
Please read some Sigmund Freud or any studies of the conscious v subconscious mind. In my opinion observable and repeatable experiments (IE science) cover the examples mentioned. Have fun cps

RemiD(Posted April) [#74]

"Have no idols or image or Sacred Stone nor place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it"

but religious people do that with symbols and temples...

Now everything from here is reporting and telling you that this can not be from God, and so God does not exists for you.

either there is no god, or there is not only one god (jehova was part of a group of gods at the time, but you choose to disregard that even if you quote the bible...), or your god is careless or not always benevolent and therefore, most likely, the result is a combination of order and chaos (=some things are fixed and can be expected, but you can't control everything) and competition between organisms/"spirits"/thoughts. (what we can observe, but you choose to disregard that...)

what i wanted to get to is, that God has given you a Guide, which you have refused to listen to, and replaced him with your own voice.

no no, your "guide" is misleading you, my "guide" is telling me that you are spreading arbitrary bs which can't be verified. (and then you quote the bible to discredit your words a little more... Why not quote/believe the words of others gods/religions ?)

Dan(Posted April) [#75]
@RemiD

I know the biblical passages somehow ...
Can't recall where from, because i haven't readed the bible, but somehow i know it.

Anyway, God's name is 'I'. He does not have a name, but is referring to himself as i.

And God's reality is One dimensional. Hard to imagine, but this 2 or 3 dimensional reality (or what you call Nature or God in previous thread) was formed as the opposite to it.

Anyway, do you have anything constructive to contribute to this thread ?
Till now, from my point of view, you have turned everything upside down.

Do not believe that i do not understand your viewpoint. Been there, done that.

RemiD(Posted April) [#76]

Anyway, do you have anything constructive to contribute to this thread ?

ok : if we assume that you are more than a body and a mind (consciousness and thinking abilities) created by cells, for example that each living organism is also controlled/guided by a force/"spirit" :

->why assume that to be aware that you have a "spirit" is useful for you in this human existence ? (and not a waste of time/energy in the wrong direction(s) and a weakening of your human potential)

->why assume that it is better to exist only as a "spirit" (with i don't know what abilities) rather than to exist as an organism (with body and mind and feeling abilities) ? (yes i have cited several horrible things/situations existing/happening in our material world, but i can also cite several beautiful things/situations existing/happening in our material world, maybe the "only spirit" existence is boring ?

->why assume that "all is one" as some claim and that therefore we should all forgive and love each other, whereas each organism (supposedly driven by a "spirit"), who does not belong to any ideology, is trying to survive/grow/reproduce whatever the consequences on others organisms ? Maybe there is a never ending competition (and sometimes cooperation) between "spirits" as there is between organisms ?

Yue(Posted April) [#77]

Dan(Posted April) [#78]

Dan:"Have no idols or image or Sacred Stone nor place a carved stone in your land to bow down before it"

RemiD: but religious people do that with symbols and temples...

This is meant as an answer to everyone who reads this:

I'm really not here to induce a belief. So i would really avoid to answer this question, on the other hand, there is still missing understanding.

You see, you need to return Love, which is now focused on the material things (material means here including People as Bodies), to God.

But obviously, there is a misunderstanding of which you we are talking about.

So to build up the story from the beginning, and ill use few of the references with the bible (using biblehub.com):

"God is a Creator of perfection" - that is a fact.
"God is creator of everything Good" - that is as well fact. - "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good."
"God is a Ruler" - this is as well true. But not in a sense which you think about rulers. He is everything, literally, that is. He made the rules. Beside of it, he does not have an Ego - which is what is threatening you in what you have experienced of the worldly rulers.

Being everything: He is. Where he is not, is nothing. (this line is for your understanding as body)

God is, obviously omnipotent. being able to create realities.
God is, obviously, a Creator. If everything, that he creates is Good. Then the logical conclusion is, that this means that he is not destroyer.

He said that only his rules should be followed. His rules are Life, Love, Happiness and Freedom. (probably 1 or 2 more, but these i could identify yet). Yet you may try every fruit from the Garden. (this means he gave you a free will to chose and try out). But he is alpha and omega (Beginning and the End) - which means, whatever you do, you will return to him because you can not be without him. This is not understandable as in the Body thinking)

So if God is Omnipotent, and he created You, then you should be omnipotent too. (as he created you in his image)

And yet, you are now walking in the Body, seeing death where life should be. Seeing sadness where Joy should be.

So what has happened ?

Obviously, you have tried few of the things out. You,(in this line), is referred to the Spiritual you.
And now you (bodies) are living in this world, not knowing of your Source.
Obviously the spiritual you made idols. "Have no idols ..."

And it should be obvious, that there is something, that is preventing you to remember. I't does not have any real power, but it comes as with much distraction, that you do not look where you should.
And unless you do not know, you wont look there)

And God, could not enter Material world, because it is impossible. (there is actually no material world, but this you can not know until you are 100% spirit, or at least if you have experienced the Spiritual as far enough to understand it)
And even the spiritual you could not enter the material world, so a split of yourself occurred.

It is not that this has happened long time ago. (God being omnipotent does not depend on time). The decision maker of your self is still making this small error now, by believing this world is real.
And while God could give it (the earth) eternal life, you'r decision was to not share this world with Him. That's why you see decaying, sadness, loss etc. (this is for the spiritual you, he will understand)

As i said it's not up to me to build your beliefs. For your beliefs are built up by you, and they rule your world instead of God.

All the hate (if you encounter hatefull thoughts/behavior) which you may have now is there, only, to Prevent you from Starting looking where you should. (For God is Love, and what is the Opposite of it ?)

I'm not suggesting you to go to Churches or Sects, but at least you should start searching for yourself (your real self (God)), so that this world becomes heaven on earth.
I have opened this and this thread as further hints on where you should look.
The rest is, up to you. You have the free will of chosing. And you do see that wars are not constructive. (only from the viewpoint of some earthlings, but that is rather madness, then)

Hint: Start thinking as an Omnipotent God.
(this is for your Mind while still in body, to train yourself to think constructive and to enable you to, at least for a second, give power to God)

For example: What would an Omnipotent being do if the earth becomes overpopulated ?
(he is creator, solver of all problems, and has unlimited resources)

One of invalid solution would be to 'kill'. God is life and creator of life, and life does not destroy life. (creation is the Rule of God)

One of valid solution would be to make the earth bigger in size. (this he can do immediately without you even noticing it. nor would you be able to prove it))

For if there is a Problem, there must be a solution to it. And if you are Programmer, then you are Creative enough to find solutions.

BlitzMan(Posted May) [#79]
Simple observation.

You cannot see the wind but you know its there.So why is Jehova not there,just because you cant see him.

@Dan what drugs you on.Give em up coz you have no idea my man.

Satan lover.

As i say he(God almighty) has a name.

xlsior(Posted May) [#80]

"God is a Creator of perfection" - that is a fact.
"God is creator of everything Good" - that is as well fact. - "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good."

Not a fact, just a theory -- after all, there is zero actual proof of the existence of any god.

Azathoth(Posted May) [#81]
If you want to get into the historical and archaeological side, God/Yahweh developed from ancient Semite polytheism.

How can Yahweh be omnipotent if he feels threatened by humans uniting and creating a tower to heaven?

Dan(Posted May) [#82]

By BlitzMan
@Dan what drugs you on.Give em up coz you have no idea my man.

Satan lover.

I do not know what drugs you have smoked, but you haven't had anything constructive to add to the topic, apart from flaming.

And i forgive you your 'Satan lover', because Satan does not exist, Apart from in your thoughts, which then makes you write in the way you wrote.

Me and drugs ? lol. Never. No Alk, No Drugs, No ciggies.
And even avoiding TV/Radio as much as i can (5~6 years, now, since i realized where the most negativity is spread from).

Me and no idea ? Lol, i could write a book or 2 about what i have experienced on this topic. There was no reason to write them down here, and what for ?

Not a fact, just a theory -- after all, there is zero actual proof of the existence of any god.

The proof is there, it just depends on where you look. And if you are willing to see. But you won't find him in material, at least not as most people expect him.

And as i said earlier somewhere, there is something that will try to prevent you from recognizing him.
Got can not be seen by the human eyes, only recognized by the 'acts', if you would see it so.
And if these acts are not love-based, then you can be sure, it is this thing, that is acting instead.

If you want to get into the historical and archaeological side, God/Yahweh developed from ancient Semite polytheism.

How can Yahweh be omnipotent if he feels threatened by humans uniting and creating a tower to heaven?

Are you asking me ? Because i haven't written anything about my views of God. Nor have i given him a name.

And any historical and archaeological searching will only keep you busy from looking where he really is.
God is not a body nor does he have a body.He does not have an Ego. He is neither male nor female.

God and threatened ? lol. funny views.

You can repel God by hate, and invite God by Love and Forgiveness. Simple isn't it ?

And what is a 'Tower to heaven' ?

If humans would really unite to build a 'tower to heaven', they would succeed. There is nothing that prevents them from doing it.

Anyway,

There are 2 views which people can make while reading the bible.
The one who are interested in war and fear, and the other who are interested in healing and miracles.

Those who asked how can god this, how can god that, were shown horrors and experienced them, not even recognizing that their questions brought to them, what they have asked for.

I was interested in miracles. I have asked how did Jesus healed the sick and raised the dead.
And found the answers as i have asked (not every answer yet, but it's in working).

And of course once i have, as well, asked the opposite question. (and got the answers as well). So i now have both comparisons.

At least i have recognized (or were guided to this recognition's) of these things. (Thanks to my lovely Guides.)

Thanks for reading, again.

Azathoth(Posted May) [#83]
Are you asking me ? Because i haven't written anything about my views of God. Nor have i given him a name.
No, I'm telling you ;)
Don't pretend to be ignorant, you've written pages about your views of God. People have already given your god a name, a few names in fact.

There are 2 views which people can make while reading the bible.
Only two views? What about the superstitious stories from primitive humans? The Bible after all begins with a purely fictitious account.

Dan(Posted May) [#84]

Don't pretend to be ignorant,

lol.
Ignorant ? no, i'm simply not changing my beliefs, like almost nobody in here changed his by my writings.

you've written pages about your views of God.

Pages ? And yet the responses from people turned it all upside down.
So no, when i look at the responses, then they haven't understood.
Unless they are trying to learn something by using reverse psychology ... (but don't ask me what i think what they have learned instead)

People have already given your god a name, a few names in fact.

That's ok, if they like to call him names. They call him as they want him to be.

primitive human?

The humans haven't changed at all. Only thinking and technology has changed.
(read thinking and technology replaced the belief in God. Now this thinking and technology is ruling them, if you would like to see it so)

your views of God

again, what i wrote here is as well in 2 viewpoints.

One from Spiritual, and other from the Body/time point of view.
And still, what i wrote above is nothing compared to what i still could write about him.

What about the superstitious stories ... The Bible after all begins with a purely fictitious account.

Can you recognize and differentiate between explaining and storytelling parts in the bible ?
Do you recognize how the belief is formed in there, and how this shows you, what your belief about God is ?

RemiD(Posted May) [#85]
@Azathoth>>thanks for your contribution, at least somebody who has the "level" to debate on such topic.
(as said before to Dan, why not choose to believe the concepts/rules of the many others views of the world / religions ? Why the bible would be more credible ? Does it provide more verifiable facts ? more useful knowledge ? more useful techniques/technologies ? or just more baseless claims ?)

Dan(Posted May) [#86]
@RemiD, my intention was not on DEBATING. its only wasting time.

People use debating to win and to be right.
No that was not my intention.

If you want to learn something from Spiritual, then use it's methods. Or else you will be stuck in Material thinking.
That's as well a reason why the belief in God was literally killed in you/others.

(killed is the wrong word but for your understanding (or to say with your words:

to get down to

the "level" to debate on such topic.

)

Don't agree ?

Well i'v experienced it. It came suddenly, unknowing where it comes from.
It wasn't ok, but for that time i had no choice but to wait.

And i'm not going back.

more useful techniques

forget it, i'm not here to raise anybody's belief which will lead him away from God when he uses it without the Right belief.

And if they tell me that i may, then i'll do it. And only then.

skidracer(Posted May) [#87]
Dan, I pray you put as much effort into writing code that you do in to starting arguments / "debates" on this forum.

RemiD(Posted May) [#88]
Let's say that i follow your suggestions to "listen to the voice of god", what will this bring me in this human existence ?
All the convinced religious people that i observe around me are rather mediocre in body/mind/achievements, they just repeat stories and follow arbitrary rules and have a restrictive lifestyle just to occupy their mind and forget about their mediocre existence (failures, problems, unfair events, the sometimes harsh reality)... This is not really inspiring...

Azathoth(Posted May) [#89]
Ignorant ? no, i'm simply not changing my beliefs, like almost nobody in here changed his by my writings.
What are you even rambling about?
You denied writing about your views of God despite the fact you have written much on it.

Pages ? And yet the responses from people turned it all upside down.
So no, when i look at the responses, then they haven't understood.
Because they reject your views? I thought you said you hadn't written anything?

That's ok, if they like to call him names. They call him as they want him to be.
Well they did invent him and the dogma.

Can you recognize and differentiate between explaining and storytelling parts in the bible ?
Do you recognize how the belief is formed in there, and how this shows you, what your belief about God is ?
Then your beliefs are founded upon fantasy.

Azathoth(Posted May) [#90]
@RemiD It's hard to call it a debate. Dan is rambling and contradicting himself, one moment he's using the Bible and preaching his beliefs about God, the next he denies saying a word about his beliefs. I can see why many forums have rules against religious topics.

Dan(Posted May) [#91]
@skidraced
As i said, i'm NOT starting any debates. Im Not interested in it. I opened this post to find people who think or have experienced the same.

And about:

I pray you put as much effort into writing code that you do in to starting arguments / "debates" on this forum.

I do not understand what you meant with that.

All the convinced religious people that i observe around me are rather mediocre in body/mind/achievements, they just repeat stories and follow arbitrary rules and have a restrictive lifestyle just to occupy their mind and forget about their mediocre existence (failures, problems, unfair events, the sometimes harsh reality)... This is not really inspiring...

That are your views and your own Judgements of their actions and motives. Sure in the way you wrote in it is not inspiring, but only because you have Judged.
Judgement is a two way sword, it hits them like it hits you.

@azathot:

My beliefs are based upon experience.
And one thing is sure, i can't trust what is happening in this world by using the eyesight.

But thanks for trying to discredit my posts.

I denied to write about my views because i see no point in writing it.
My view of God goes along with the Bible, but is slightly different from what the mainstream belief is.
And i did made some thinking processes about the bible and how it came that people do not believe in God. About that i have written in my posts.

And @RemiD + Azathoth
When you'r at the point which i have reached, i hope there will be someone who will help you to reach the next point.
And you will need everybody on the earth to reach it.

Good luck.

PS skidracer, you can close this topic, as I won't be answering here anymore.

Azathoth(Posted May) [#92]
@Dan I agree, I see no point in you writing about your views either especially if you're going to lie and deny you did it.

BTW you don't need me to discredit your posts, you've done an excellent job of that yourself.

gpete(Posted May) [#93]
on the bright side-> the stock market is up lately, so my investments are growing despite this meandering forum post! Nothing is worse than talking about religious beliefs :)

RemiD(Posted May) [#94]

but only because you have Judged.
Judgement is a two way sword, it hits them like it hits you.

what does this mean ?
Every human/animal judges the things/entities in his environment whether you like it or not, it is a good way to evaluate what are the opportunities/threats neutrals/allies/ennemies and to adapt his behavior... We are like judging machines... About that, what is interesting is to study the language of the body/face which is rather an illustration of our internal state and not necessarily a reflection of our words...
Anyway, my bible is better than yours : http://www.blitzbasic.com/b3ddocs/docs.php

skidracer(Posted May) [#95]

Dan(Posted May) [#96]

you've done an excellent job of that yourself.

Lol, logical conclusions, but from my point of view there is, as well one logical conclusion too.

if you're going to lie and deny you did it

From my point of view, i have not told you about my views of God, especially when i read the answers of others, and how they were turned to the opposite side of what i meant to tell,
i have got to the conclusion that, NO, if you turn the meaning on that, then you will turn the meaning of whatever i told you about my views/beliefs on God too.

So no. Following your logic : it is not what you think that i have told you, and that means that i haven't written about it yet.

That's why i'm denying it. And thanks azathot for calling me a Liar.

And even earlier someone said, nobody thinks like Dan. That's fine.
But you have to say that nobody would admit to say to think like Dan, and from my point of view: you can see why, in this thread.

But i do not care about your views of myself. Some day (eventually) you will recognize what i'm trying to tell you.

BlitzMan(Posted May) [#97]
Well i know the first person im gonna f**k up the arse when we get to HELL.

(tu) ENAY(Posted May) [#98]

PS skidracer, you can close this topic, as I won't be answering here anymore.

Says the man who got bored and brings up his old thread. Stop trolling.