Condolence Register - R.I.P. Ploppy.

Community Forums/Common Room/Condolence Register - R.I.P. Ploppy.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#1]
My dear fellow Blitzers,

It's with a heavy heart that I must inform you that I've learned from his wife Veronique, that our much appreciated and beloved coding genius Richard Witt a.k.a. Ploppy has passed away on the 31th of March this year. :-(

My thoughts go out to his wife and family and hope they find a way to cope with their loss.

R.I.P. Ploppy and many thanks for your kindness, dedication and time.

Rick

[EDIT:]
User profile for Ploppy:
Name: Richard Witt
Nick name(s): Ploppy
Home page: http://chipmunkplayer.free.fr
(free download of his creation ChipMunkPlayer )
Email: chipmunkplayer@...
Forum posts: 1161
Code archive entries: 0
Worklog entries: 53
Gallery entries: 0

Links:
To his last post for his Hardwired/Hybrid project <here>
To Hardwired/Hybrid description/setup info <here>

Email address(former?) of Richard & Véronique Witt(his widow*):
phoebe8@...

*)Note: I do not know if Véronique appreciates me publishing the email address here, but I do not want to be the only possible point of contact. Please do not use above email unless seriously interested in/capable of continueing his work. Bare in mind it might tear open the wound of his passing away and that it might not even be valid anymore or answered by anyone.

EdzUp MkII(Posted 2016) [#2]
Ah that is sad news, condolences to his family at this difficult time.

Grisu(Posted 2016) [#3]
Really sad news, he's going to be missed. :(

okee(Posted 2016) [#4]
Oh wow, that is a shock.
Had been following his progress on Hardwired but hadn't checked his posts for a while.
He'll be a sad loss to the community.
My Deepest condolences to his family.

Wiebo(Posted 2016) [#5]
Oh one of the regulars.... Sad, sad. My condoles to his family. :(

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#6]
Really ? :( That's a (surprising) bad and sad news... RIP Ploppy...

Ian Thompson(Posted 2016) [#7]
Wow, very sorry to hear this news, sad. :(

steve_ancell(Posted 2016) [#8]
Oh shit that sucks!. R.I.P Ploppy.

TeaBoy(Posted 2016) [#9]
I didn't know Ploppy personally but I am very sorry to hear this. I have also suffered a loss, it's never easy, you may never heal but what is important to remember is the memories they leave behind, they are for you! Cherish them so they can live on!

col(Posted 2016) [#10]
No way!!!!

This is very shocking and sad news :(

Oh my god. I didn't know him personally either but still my heart goes out to his family and friends.

RustyKristi(Posted 2016) [#11]
Really sad and shocking news indeed. :-( :-( :-( It's true that some of us did not know him personally but he will be truly missed.

RIP Ploppy. Thanks for everything.

Matty(Posted 2016) [#12]
That's sad.

I didn't know him and I didn't really interact with him much on the forum but he did some good work so it is sad to hear of another blitzer passing.

It's bound to happen when you're on a forum for over 15 years but it is still sad.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2016) [#13]
My condolences to Ploppy & his family... :'(

~GF...

LineOf7s(Posted 2016) [#14]
Wow, that really sucks. Thanks for everything, Ploppy.

Guy Fawkes(Posted 2016) [#15]
Thanks to you, Ploppy! You are a Legend! :' )

MadJack(Posted 2016) [#16]
This is sad news. His enthusiasm was quite inspiring.
RIP Ploppy.

big10p(Posted 2016) [#17]
Shocked! Just popped by for one of my rare visits to read this?! :(

I didn't know him personally, but remember him posting around here for a good while. His nick always made me smile.

Condolences to his wife and family.

R.I.P. Ploppy, son of Ploppy.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2016) [#18]
..sigh..it seems, im attached to folks here, much more than i expected...im really sorry to hear this....ehh.. :(

BlitzSupport(Posted 2016) [#19]
Terrible news, sorry to hear this.

wmaass(Posted 2016) [#20]
Rest in peace Blitz Brother.

Hotcakes(Posted 2016) [#21]
Nooo, Ploppy :(

Richard Betson(Posted 2016) [#22]
Well that is very sad news indeed. He will be missed.

AdamStrange(Posted 2016) [#23]
RIP and my thoughts are with those closest to him

Yue(Posted 2016) [#24]
This is very sad , I have no words.

Danilo(Posted 2016) [#25]
I was born as Witt on 30th of March 1977, so R.I.P. Richard Witt.

Life & Death belong to each other, for all of us.

Playniax(Posted 2016) [#26]
I am also very sorry to hear this news. RIP

Blitzplotter(Posted 2016) [#27]
Condolences, RIP ploppy.

Henri(Posted 2016) [#28]
It's ironic. I have followed Ploppy's posts on his work out of curiosity and he seemed full of life and enthusiasm. When there was a long pause in he's posting, I wondered in general, what if someone just passed away in silence, never to be heard again ? Then the imprint of that person would live forever in this forum.

R.I.P. Ploppy.

-Henri

therevills(Posted 2016) [#29]
Bugger, sorry to hear about this! :(

Hope his family is okay.

He did great work keeping the Blitz3D crew happy too!

Steve Elliott(Posted 2016) [#30]
Aw no. I'm shocked and saddened to hear this terrible news. Once again we are reminded how short life can be :(

We all, I think followed his great progress on his Hardwired Project. Now we understand why the progress updates stopped.

I'll always remember him as a really nice guy with a good sense of humour, as well as a talented coder. We shared a few jokes, and I immediately spotted his forum name as a character from Black Adder. How at first we did laugh :)

dawlane(Posted 2016) [#31]
My condolences to his famlily. R.I.P Ploppy.

Gabriel(Posted 2016) [#32]
His passion and work ethic put most of us to shame.

I wrote something for the condolence book. Simply says... bugger.

Dabhand(Posted 2016) [#33]
RIP Ploppy, a true gentleman coder.

Dabz

Ploppy(Posted 2016) [#34]
Hello everybody
excuse my english i'm the wife of ploppy and i'm french
Thank you for your messages i m touch
My husband is dead the 31 march 2016 he have a aneurysm rupture now i'm alone with my three childrens (12 years, 8 years and 2 years) it's not easy everyday but i'm a wondermummy actually.
My cousin will look this work about this program because me i'm novice about this and i hope to continue the ploppy's dream.
Thank you again for your messages
XX
Mrs Witt Véronique

Neuro(Posted 2016) [#35]
now i'm alone with my three childrens (12 years, 8 years and 2 years) it's not easy everyday but i'm a wondermummy actually.

Sorry to hear this....but wishing you the best with everything going forward.

popcade(Posted 2016) [#36]
R.I.P.

Blitz is a family and I hope his dream can continue.

ElectricBoogaloo(Posted 2016) [#37]
R.I.P.

Wiebo(Posted 2016) [#38]
Strength to you Mrs. Witt!!!!!

RifRaf(Posted 2016) [#39]
Truly sad news. He was an inspiration in this community for sure. Condolences to his family.

Hardcoal(Posted 2016) [#40]
Very sad to hear such news..
I like all this community
and loosing one.. does really hurt.

R.I.P Ploppy

Yue(Posted 2016) [#41]

Chalky(Posted 2016) [#42]
Terrible, terrible news. Really highlights the fragility of life and how we should make the most of what we have. My thoughts and best wishes to his relatives.

degac(Posted 2016) [#43]
Sorry to read this news.
My sincere condolences to the family.
RIP Ploppy

Panno(Posted 2016) [#44]
RIP Ploppy ...

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#45]

Really highlights the fragility of life and how we should make the most of what we have.

True, true, how we should do what we like (at least part of the time) and how we should appreciate what we are able to do/experience as humans beings in a good enough health...

Good luck to you mrs Witt...

Yue(Posted 2016) [#46]
That what makes me think this is that since he was born the Blitz products , many already have died , and when these things happen to me stakeout if what I'm doing really makes sense , maybe I'm sacrificing many things that ultimately do not serve and I put in hand importanes things that are more like family, where perhaps when buying a monitor of 5 dollars and not eating well is really a mistake.

Rick Nasher(Posted 2016) [#47]
@Yue:
True, you never know when something's gonna hit you. Just like that plane near you some time ago.

However if everyone thought like that there would never be any excellent man made things in this world, for these only come forth out of dedication and effort. It being art, science, medicine, technology or programming.

One can only hope and try achieve something great to be remembered by before death and thus reach some sort of immortality. At least until the same dedication of people in science, health and technology make us truly immortal(if at all possible of course).

So I truly hope Ploppy's long hard work won't be lost and someone with enough skill(or perhaps as a group) can pick it up and complete his dream, so that it won't all go to waste. We'll have to see how things will turn out.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2016) [#48]

So I truly hope Ploppy's long hard work won't be lost and someone with enough skill(or perhaps as a group) can pick it up and complete his dream

Sadly Mark's 3D Engine was not picked up and completed when it went open source. Ploppy was a determined and talented guy that was working to complete his dream project. You need somebody with that drive to complete a project of that size.

The best solution is if the code was made available to the community, but again I doubt anybody will complete it. Such a damn shame for the project, and an even worse loss to the community and his family, that a lovely guy was taken from us too early. RIP buddy.

Yue(Posted 2016) [#49]
@Steve Elliott

It is unfortunate, but so often , a project to be released in no way guarantees its continuity , you need someone to have the same qualities and the same interests Ploppy , but I honestly do not think that someone appears to resume that work even though the code free is made. But I think for me that's not important right now Ploppy dreams are made ours, I think it's very selfish on our part.

EdzUp MkII(Posted 2016) [#50]
One thing for all of us is that life is too short for procrastination so lets get those projects done and out there, if not for us then for Ploppy :)

Yue(Posted 2016) [#51]
Engine Ploppy DirectX 9 and 11 , my name proposed for hybrid. =)

(tu) ENAY(Posted 2016) [#52]
Wha?! That guy, he was making a whole ton of games in Monkey and Blitz in general. Seemed like such a nice guy, very sad news indeed.

2 Unlimited(Posted 2016) [#53]
Repose en paix, Ploppy.

Steve Elliott(Posted 2016) [#54]

One thing for all of us is that life is too short for procrastination so lets get those projects done and out there

Yes, puts things into perspective. All those half finished projects we all have.

MichaelUK(Posted 2016) [#55]
Very sad news, RIP Ploppy

Jason W.(Posted 2016) [#56]
I read a few of his posts, but never responded. RIP Ploppy!

I'm sorry for your loss, Véronique.

Jason

dna(Posted 2016) [#57]
This is horrible!

I was wondering why the facebook page vanished.
Terrible to read this. He was good at what he did.

There goes the Hardwired Project.

He was good!!!

John G(Posted 2016) [#58]
Ploppy -- a true innovator and gentleman.

rickychus(Posted 2016) [#59]
I just do not want to believe it ... It's not true ...
Thanks for all Ploppy.
R.-

Wayne(Posted 2016) [#60]
I'm sad to hear the news, and give my condolences to his family.

It took courage and passion to pursue the dreams that Ploppy had before him.
It was a mountain he alone wanted to climb, a summit, to accomplish the dream.

The dream is still alive, and Ploppy has shown us we can do so much more than we thought.

Amon(Posted 2016) [#61]
I remember Ploppy. Very talented guy. My condolences to his family.

You do know that he is not gone, in such a final way as most of you believe, but has merely been born fully into the reality where souls reside.

If he were to disappear into nothing, it denotes that, at some point, deep into what constructs him as a consciousness, there is a beginning structure that is made of nothing.

Think of it this way. Imagine consciousness as a building with 5 floors. The fifth floor is where we are now. The 4th floor goes deeper into the construction/building-blocks of our consciousness.

Let's go deeper. Let's go directly to the Ground floor......woah, wait... its not there. We are made of nothing. A foundationless construct.

To completely disappear into nothing it would mean that the 1st floor of the building of consciousness, is held up and supported by nothing.

I challenge anyone, anywhere to show me proof of a foundationless structure, a structure who's foundations are ultimately made of nothing.

:)

@Ploppy. Good luck and may the other side of being, bring you better adventures and plenty of wow!

Flanker(Posted 2016) [#62]
I just learned the news, so sad :(
His work was impressive on Hardwired/Hybrid, and it's been a pleasure to test it and dream about Blitz3D with unleashed graphics cards.
RIP Ploppy.

Hardcoal(Posted 2016) [#63]
Amon im with you..
You have a great brain

SoggyP(Posted 2016) [#64]
Hi Folks,

It's been a while and another voice to add to the general sorrow. RIP Ploppy and condolences to wife and family X

Jes

Hardcoal(Posted 2016) [#65]
You mean Ploppy, not poppy right?

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#66]
single post

Bobysait(Posted 2016) [#67]
Holy Cr....
I just felt like I was going to cry.
Seriously, this guy was just as smart as genius as kind.
I couldn't think of someone else who could miss this forum more
(or maybe Brucey ?)
I didn't know him that well, actually, I'm a bit sad I couldn't know him more, but anyway ... life is life ... and I guess death is life too.

(the next part is in French, because I don't want to mispell anything, and as I'm French too ...)
Mme Witt, Toutes mes plus sincères condoléances pour cette très très navrante nouvelle.
Ce forum va vraiment souffrir d'un vide immense que personne ne pourra combler.
Enfin, j'imagine qu'une personne aussi intègre et généreuse doit manquer aussi à beaucoup de monde dans la "vie réelle" et que notre tristesse est probablement dérisoire.

Enfin, c'est très sincèrement que je regrette la disparition de Ploppy (dit Richard, pour moi il restera Ploppy, n'ayant pas connu le côté -Richard-)

ps :

My cousin will look this work about this program because me i'm novice about this and i hope to continue the ploppy's dream.

Si besoin, qu'il n'hésite pas à demander, on se fera un plaisir de l'aider.

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#68]
Health accidents like this are (unfortunately) a little random (it can be caused by several things which can happen to almost anybody in the current environment with crap in foods, unknown side effects of meds, toxic substances in the clothes/furnitures/devices, infections from all over the world)
I myself had hyper blood pressure and headaches just because i drank too much fruit juice! So yeah be careful with what you do guys. (for what you can control at least)

Hardcoal(Posted 2016) [#69]
@RemiD I too suffer from many things which I have no clue of their origins..
How Did you realize your cause of headaches?

Continuing someones work as in Ploppy case I believe, will make his spirit happy. (Thats my faith)

I didnt know Ploppy.
Yet I felt rather sad when I heard he Passed.

RemiD(Posted 2016) [#70]
@Hardcoal>>this is probably not the appropriate place to discuss about that so i won't write more, create another topic if you want ("how to optimize your coding abilities by optimizing the health of your human body")

Basically, like with religion or with politics, there are many dogmas in the health/nutrition domains and often the doctors are either ignorant or careless and most of the health gurus on the internet are full of ideology rather than skepticism and reason. So you can do the wrong things during your whole life without realizing them. A reliable approach concerning diet is to simply look at what your ancestors had access to and in which quantity, a long time ago (before the machines existed) (and eat similar foods, prepared in a similar way, in similar quantities)

Hardcoal(Posted 2016) [#71]
Tnx remi, good advice..

And you are right, this is not the proper place to linger this discussion