[Blitz3D] Windows 10 fresh install fails to run program

Community Forums/Bug Reports/[Blitz3D] Windows 10 fresh install fails to run program

skidracer(Posted 2017) [#1]
In order for Blitz3D to work on Windows10 please try:

Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off > Legacy Components > DirectPlay

Alternatively run any Blitz3D program on Windows 10 before running Blitz3D in which this process automated.

skidracer(Posted 2017) [#2]
A simple fix for this may be for Blitz3d editor to be dependent on DirectPlay also.

Floyd(Posted 2017) [#3]
I have Windows 10, but as an update from Windows 7 rather than a fresh install.

The first time I ran Blitz3D ( IDE ) I was prompted to install DirectPlay. I accepted and was done in about thirty seconds. After that it ran without problems.

Brucey(Posted 2017) [#4]
What does Blitz3D use DirectPlay for?

Rick Nasher(Posted 2017) [#5]
[removed double post]

Rick Nasher(Posted 2017) [#6]
AFAIK is DirectPlay used for the networking commands?

I'm on Win 10 Pro X64 clean install and at Blitz3d's first run it just prompted me to install DirectPlay which went quick, flawless and painless.

Now I don't now if anything changed after the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, for I just updated to that from my clean installed Windows 10, but that might be worth while investigating.

Also, I'm curious how things will be after the upcoming Windows Creators Update. I already was told by the App Store that the Paint3D was making use of hardware I don't have so..??

skidracer(Posted 2017) [#7]
I have logged this after helping a new user from itch.io.

I am going to test with turning on and off DirectPlay at the Windows feature level but I think it may be time for it to be removed from Blitz3D entirely.

I was hoping Microsoft would have their network lobby alternative ready by now, but like audio engines a huge gap exists in their roadmap where only deprecated API are officially supported.