Code archives/Miscellaneous/The 168 Hour Pong Making Contest!

This code has been declared by its author to be Public Domain code.

Download source code

The 168 Hour Pong Making Contest! by Techlord2007
The 168 Hour Pong Making Contest!

Inspiration: mintybreath's Boredom.

Rules: Write it 168 hours. Blitz3D Source. Submit Source here! by 2007-09-20 00:00 GMT.

Criteria: Feature Count & Fun Factor.

Prize: I will be your personal Coding Slave for 24 hours.
mintybreath's enters the Contest with a Colorful Contender!!!

Comments

b322007
Here is my entry:

Jerome Squalor2007

Yo! Wazzup?2007
Never mind, just noticed you changed it

mintybreath2007
Hey guys. Here is my game. I couldnt figure out how to make anything using the in game designing, so it is a saved file with paddles i made in Paintshop

Here is the link.

http://rapidshare.com/files/56476270/Boredbb_Pong.ZIP.html

It is not that well finished. It is a little glitchy, but the deadline is tomorrow so i just had to get it out now. Sorry about any glitches that may occur. And the paddle is a little twitchy as well. :(

Sorry you have to download it. :)

Yo! Wazzup?2007
Ripoff of Kong. :P

Jerome Squalor2007
cool mintybreath

b322007
Yes, very nice. :)

mintybreath2007
Ripoff of Kong. :P

Whats kong?

And anyway, i may re enter, and fix some of the glitches since the deadline was pushed back.

Yo! Wazzup?2007
Does look a lot like Kong from Game Programming for Teens Second Edition...

mintybreath2007
Never read it. Probably a coincidence. What about it looks like Kong?

And if Kong is just a copy off of pong like mine was, then it probably just looks like Pong. That kinda makes more sense.

Jerome Squalor2007
it just looks the same because Kong also had 2 paddles on a black screen.
Maybe if you add some kind of special effects(background,particles,stars,powerups,etc...) it will look more original.

mintybreath2007
Oh, the only reason it was 2 paddles on a black screen was because i didnt make a background yet. I probably will, my pong version isnt really even done yet. I just entered it because that was the due date, and i figured, " Might as well get it out there"

I will change alot more though

Yo! Wazzup?2007
Nah, the scores are in the same place, when someone scores... Just looks the same...

mintybreath2007
I put the scores in the upper right corner because that seemed like the best spot. It just occured to me first.

And you think i copied off of this Kong game because my scores are in the same spot? really?

How could my game look like Kong when i made all the paddles and ball myself. The only way it could look alike is if i used the same exact paddles and stuff, considering those are the only significant things in my game. And hopefully the paddles look nothing like Kong's paddles, or that would be wierd.

mintybreath2007
This just in!

I may know somewhat about what you are talking about. I still have no idea what this Kong thing is, but when i was first making the game, i had some help from some website i found. They had a Pong sort of game on it too. I used a little of the code from that, some of the source code. I wasnt sure how to do a few things, that is why. I wish i could remember the name of the site though... :(

Any way, i did that a while ago, before the contest started, when i was making Pong for the fun of it. I really had no intention of copying a game, I just needed some source code because i was not sure how to make it, or start it.

N2007
How could it possibly take you this long to make a Pong clone?

mintybreath2007
I am not a coding guru.

I guess i would be considered a coding noob. I am only 14, and i know mostly just the basics.

Jerome Squalor2007
I didn't know you're 14, I'm 13! :D

Jerome Squalor2007
So is this contest over yet??

mintybreath2007
I didn't know you're 14, I'm 13! :D

you r? Cool. :)

And i dont know if this is over yet either.

Yo! Wazzup?2007
Nah, it only looks the same when you score. Was just the first thing that came to me...

Jerome Squalor2007
I think we should make another contest like this, It was really fun.

mintybreath2007
Ya we really should.
Like a...hmm....

72 hour pacman making contest, or something like that? :)

Lol. 48 hour Halo making contest.
That would be cool, but probably not a big enough due date. And way too hard.

Jerome Squalor2007
ya

Jerome Squalor2007
ok, seriously FPS, Who won?

Yo! Wazzup?2007
lol yeah
I was thinking of doing a 168 hour asteroid contest until I gave away the prize =D

Now you can get it here:
http://www.syntaxbomb.com/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item26

The catapult was the prize =D

Jerome Squalor2007
I thought the prize was 24 hours of coding anything?

Yo! Wazzup?2007
That was FPS's prize, I said that I was about to do a 168 hour asteroid contest, but I gave away the prize. The winner of this contest is 24 hours of coding ;)

Jerome Squalor2007
that's what i want to know, who won THIS contest?

Yo! Wazzup?2007
Me wanna know too.
Wait...
Judges: Blitz Community. Cast your Votes here.

Kip has won.

Jerome Squalor2007
I won??!!??!!?? :D

CodeD2007
[
[ O
[

Ahhh, it's over already? XD

Code Archives Forum