Code archives/Graphics/Simple Rectangle Drawing

This code has been declared by its author to be Public Domain code.

Download source code

Simple Rectangle Drawing by IKG2006
My first BlitzMax Program...
Graphics 640,480,0

ShowMouse()

SeedRnd MilliSecs()

While Not (KeyHit(KEY_ESCAPE))

'if right mouse button is down, draw rectangle
	If MouseDown(1) Then
		SetColor(Rnd(1,255),Rnd(1,255),Rnd(1,255))
		DrawRect(MouseX(),MouseY(),10,10)
	EndIf

'press spacebar to clear screen
	If KeyHit(KEY_SPACE) Then Cls()

Flip()

Wend

Comments

Yan2006
...And why would this is useful to other people?

CS_TBL2006
It obviously isn't.. I mentioned code-archives-abuse before in some topic somewhere. The CA should be for useful ready-made and fully tested code, extending functionality, preferably as modular as modular can be. Also one who submits has to be convinced that the posted code is actually a real addition that ppl didn't have yet. A real solution to a possible potential problem, so to say..
Some CA-QA would be at place I'd say..

IKG2006
Well then get it deleted :|

I really don't care. It was helpful to me, so I added it. There's not nearly enough beginner source code out there. Where does it say this area is only for advanced coders such as you two?

But like I said, get it deleted since I can't do anything about it now. I'm sorry I don't read every post on the forums.

CS_TBL2006
Beginner-code is better showcased inside a beginner tutorial, in the tutorial section of the specific blitzversion ofcourse.

CA is not advanced or for 'big code' perse; some small functions like 'Sector' (to read char-seperated parts of a string) are extremely handy, and are not present in blitz by default. That's what the CA is here for.

So, it's not as if your code is bad in itself, it would make a good beginner-tutorial.. it's just not for the CA. :)

IKG2006
So can a moderator please delete this?

adba2006
I Like it ;-)..

a perfect sample code to show someone how easy it can be to develop a programm in BMax.

IKG2006
Thanks adba, that was the point of this :)

Code Archives Forum