Code archives/3D Graphics - Mesh/F.L.E ( Free landscape editing code)

This code has been declared by its author to be Public Domain code.

Download source code

F.L.E ( Free landscape editing code) by RifRaf2004
free landscape editor/creator
this tool has been updated, compiled and added to the toolbox section under 3d terrains.

Comments

RifRaf2004
updated w/brushsize fix

jfk EO-111102004
press + and = to alter brush size, right?

RifRaf2004
yep

Red2004
there's no code ?

N2004
this tool has been updated, compiled and added to the toolbox section under 3d terrains.

Nowhere to get it now. The project is closed-source now (edit: as far as recent versions are concerned).

Red2004
@Cower
I'll use code example of your CLE tool

This code has been declared by its author to be Public Domain code.
Don't forget to remove this entry. LOL

RifRaf2005
why? its still open source, and the source is out there.. im not obligated to post it though. and i am free to remove my postings. i never stated it was closed project. anyone can take up the old code and roll with it.

Chroma2006
So does anyone have this code that mysteriously disappeared?

N2006
Here's the source along with some media and my tweaks (don't expect a 'clean' version -- I don't have one).

Happy Sammy2006
It seems that
http://noelcower.com/fle.zip
returns "404 not found" error

N2006
There was some downtime on my host last night (migrating from one server to another), should be working now.

Happy Sammy2006
Yes. You are right.

DH2006
So does anyone honerable have this?

why? its still open source, and the source is out there.. im not obligated to post it though. and i am free to remove my postings. i never stated it was closed project. anyone can take up the old code and roll with it.

Yeah, take your ball and go home, that's the ticket.... Can someone remove this pointless code archive entry. As for www.empowergames.com, I'd hate to actually purchase anything from someone like that and have them remove (go back on) their promises (IE This code has been declared by its author to be Public Domain code. )

As for Noel, helping 'with strings attached', isnt really helping...... I don't know why you were banned, but it's just expected that when you are (for whatever reason, even if it is by your own doing) you remove all your 'so called' generous contributions. I appreciate the help you have given in the past, but pulling it just because of a tif is a bit typical.

Ricky Smith2006
On my honour !

http://www.pacemakeranimation.net/tutorials/fle_ablend3.zip

jfk EO-111102006
See also toolbox

Wings2008
There is a bigg butt about this.
This code has Zbuffer Error... (Shows by turning of Fog)

To fix it..

1) Create Surfaces.. Do not create several mesh.
2) BrushFX 32 (Warning using entityFX 32 is causing zbuffer issue)
3) place each layer at exact same spot.

The above works fine for me and make sense :D

Wings2008
Here is an good example of Vertex Alpha usage.
includeing source.

http://www.tiberion.com/furysalphademo.zip

Code Archives Forum