Blitz from a PenDrive?

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Blitz from a PenDrive?

ThePict(Posted 2012) [#1]
I have been stuck in an office for the next 5 weeks and with little to do I'd like to get some coding time in.
Bosses computer won't let me install any softare on its HDD, but I wonder could I install Blitz IDE onto a pen drive and run it from there?
Anyone tried it?

Amanda Dearheart(Posted 2012) [#2]
If pendrives are the same as flash drives or jump drives, then yes it should work unless your bosses computer have specialized software that prevents someone from using a flash drive to run software.

I occasionally run my software on many computers using this technique.

Of course, when I am at friends/co-workers home, I get their PERMISSION FIRST! before I stick my thing in their computer. Life is too difficult living alone. and there are too many computer viruses on the loose from the web to be messing around with.

Zethrax(Posted 2012) [#3]
Wouldn't it be better to get some of the work you're actually being paid for done, instead of dicking around? Surely your boss can find something useful for you to do if you otherwise have a light workload.

ThePict(Posted 2012) [#4]
Actually Z I'm finding little or no time for anything other than work- office is a busy place. This first week has just flown by.

Thanks Amanda for constructive comment, I will try it out over the weekend, on my own computer to avoid infection and keep Z and his ilk (slave-drivers) sweet...