Future of Blitzplus

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Future of Blitzplus

freedo(Posted 2011) [#1]
It still seems to run on all machines, is fast,easy to use/learn & has more commands and functions than most people will ever use.......So is there any reason to change..? Is it no longer supported...? are there pc's or windows that cant run it..?

Is there a good reason for moving on to another...?

GfK(Posted 2011) [#2]
No reason to change at all if you're happy with what it currently does, and you only want to develop for Windows platforms. However there are several "gotchas" within Windows Vista and Windows 7 (pertaining to folder permissions, mostly) that I don't know can be handled by BlitzPlus.

All of that said - ditch it and get Blitzmax. It is FAR better.

freedo(Posted 2011) [#3]
Hi G, Do you mean a writing files to the protected windows system folder's etc...or am I totaly clueless....

I am running 7 at the moment..all seems well.....

CS_TBL(Posted 2011) [#4]
An old tool I made in 2004 with B+ runs in Win7/64 but crashes upon closing. I dunno how or why. And I'll repeat GfK by saying: "get BMax". Once you've worked with types/classes, you won't go back to 'ordinary' procedural programming.

Matty(Posted 2011) [#5]
Hi CS_TBL - the latest update for blitzplus I think addresses that, something about a "Wrong Thread" error on closing in Win 7/64.

CS_TBL(Posted 2011) [#6]
Yeah exactly.. But know that I haven't updated B+ since BMax.. :P

GaryV(Posted 2011) [#7]
It still seems to run on all machines, is fast,easy to use/learn & has more commands and functions than most people will ever use.......So is there any reason to change..? Is it no longer supported...? are there pc's or windows that cant run it..?

The only major bug that has been there a long time and has not been fixed or addressed is this one. If you can live with this, B+ still has a lot of life in it and I use it quite a bit for work.

freedo(Posted 2011) [#8]
Thanks guy's, appreciate the help.

Based on everything said so far im gonna stick with B+ for now.