Using MP3 / Ogg codec (DLL)

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Using MP3 / Ogg codec (DLL)

Timjo(Posted 2009) [#1]
This may be WAY beyond the scope of this forum, or even further beyond my abilities as a programmer...But...

Does anyone know how to make use of the audio codec 'lame_enc.dll' or other similar types of codec? There is obviously a particular way of sending/receiving audio data to and from this type of DLL in order to compress/decompress. I know that the Ogg codec is much more open source than the MP3 one, so perhaps this might be more approachable. I have all of my wave file's data dissected and ready to use. Is this what the 'CallDLL' command is for? As I have no knowledge of C programming or using Dlls, this may be beyond me. It may also not be possible from BlitzPlus. If this is the case, don't be afraid to tell me to move along and give it a miss. Just thought I'd ask in case anyone had any experience with this kind of thing. It's not essential to my project, only curious.
Thanks. Tim.

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#2]
Look at the code archives for examples of user libs and accessing third-party DLLs and APIs

schilcote(Posted 2009) [#3]
Can't B+ already play OGG and MP3?

Timjo(Posted 2009) [#4]
BlitzPlus can already play these file types (I think).

I was hoping to be able to convert Wave files to/from one of these compressed formats.
I'm guessing by the lack of replies that it's a non-starter.

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#5]
I'm sure the function PlayMusic() is up to it!

was hoping to be able to convert Wave files to/from one of these compressed formats.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net

Dabz

Stamm(Posted 2010) [#6]
more rapid converter: super
its only a converter: you cant do any mixing stuff with it but that shouldn't matter