Changing System Volume

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Changing System Volume

Yeshu777(Posted 2009) [#1]
I recently needed to be able to control the Windows Volume and found the following solution.

1. Download a small utility call NirCmd

2. Place this in your game folder.

SetVolumeLow$ = "nircmd setsysvolume 10000"
SetVolumeMid$ = "nircmd setsysvolume 30000"
SetVolumeMax$ = "nircmd setsysvolume 65536"

; To set volume

ExecFile(SetVolumeLow$)

Might be useful to someone.

Regards,

em22(Posted 2009) [#2]
Personally I would be annoyed if an app or game started fudging with the volume of my system.

But thanks.

Yeshu777(Posted 2009) [#3]
Point taken.

I used this for a product I did which is sold to video arcades (Blitz+ running on XP Embedded).

Regards,

okee(Posted 2009) [#4]
I used this for a product I did which is sold to video arcades (Blitz+ running on XP Embedded).

That sounds interesting, any more info on it ?

Yeshu777(Posted 2009) [#5]
It's basically a 4 player UK ticket redemption machine.

ie, a skill game whereby you're awarded tickets as prizes, which can then be traded for stuffed toys etc.

It comprised of a single Pluto6 (www.heber.co.uk) to control the IO for the 4 players, which then communicated serially to 4 PC's in order to play the winning videos over RS232.

The PC software was done in entirely in Blitz+.

Regards,

schilcote(Posted 2009) [#6]
So Blitz CAN control physical devices! Would you mind describing how in a noob-friendly manner?

Yeshu777(Posted 2009) [#7]
Of course, via the serial port (portio lib) and a controller.

I use Heber controllers - mainly as I have used them for years - although it would be simpler to use a PIC / AVR device.

What are you intending to control?

schilcote(Posted 2009) [#8]
I was thinking of making an old PC into a robot with an SSC-32 serial servo controller.

http://www.lynxmotion.com/Product.aspx?productID=395

I could then make my own sensor control system and RULE THE WORLD! Or maybe just have a neat robot to show off.