BlitzPlus update 147 now available!

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/BlitzPlus update 147 now available!

marksibly(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hi,

BlitzPlus Update 147 is now available from the 'product updates' section of the 'account' page.

This update fixes a problem with Rand() occasionally returning 'out of range' values, and a mysterious 'wrong thread' error at program exit on 64 bit Vista.

Actually, I haven't had a chance to personally test the Vista fix, so if you were experiencing this problem could you please post a 'fixed!' or 'still borked!' reply here...

Yeshu777(Posted 2009) [#2]
diolch.

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#3]
I`ve never seen this problem myself. Incidentally is Blitz 3D also affected? Will give this a go when I get a moment later today.

Jason.

QuickSilva(Posted 2009) [#4]
Seems fine here Mark if it helps at all. But as I had never seen this problem I`m not sure if that helps you at all? I am using Vista 64-Bit though.

Jason.

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#5]
There is example code for the 64 bit issue in the bug thread that people can test to see if it is fixed.

Silver_Knee(Posted 2009) [#6]
on the german forum ( http://www.blitzforum.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31734&highlight=wrong )

we noticed that the error won't appear if you use ExitProcess of the kernell32.dll

if you use that funcion there shouldn't be any error

Mark Tiffany(Posted 2009) [#7]
we noticed that the error won't appear if you use ExitProcess of the kernell32.dll

if you use that funcion there shouldn't be any error

Or use the update?

GaryV(Posted 2009) [#8]
Or use the update?

Can anybody confirm the update fixes the issue?

blackgecko(Posted 2009) [#9]
Yes, the update fixes the issue. Example:
This code
W = CreateWindow("Test",100,100,100,100,Desktop(),1)
Repeat
 Select WaitEvent()
  Case $803 End
  Case $801 Notify "Nicht verschieben!"
 End Select
Forever

causes a "Wrong Thread" Error in V1.46 when the user clicks on the X, but it doesn't in V1.47 (OS: Windows 7 RC 64-bit)
So long

Silver_Knee(Posted 2009) [#10]
sry with you i ment Mark and with use i ment, that it's included in the "End"

Zakk(Posted 2009) [#11]
Awesome, I thought the "wrong thread error" was something I did wrong, glad to know it wasn't.

Mainsworthy(Posted 2011) [#12]
I think My Rand() does have this problem, but its intermitant, my program sometimes crashes win7 64bit, the program setsup a random board and mostly works, but It took many hours to track this down. I think it may be ok on XP! anyway please blitz update its a super Language compiler

here is a temp link to my program for test

http://www.4shared.com/file/X4PTPHvq/WarTactical32.html
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qopj3pxjo72dkv4/WarTactical32.zip

kalan-1996(Posted 2013) [#13]
Thanks!

Pufoshelu(Posted 2015) [#14]
Hi! I'm kinda' new here. For those who know, in Blitz Plus Demo, the function FontWidth() it's not working, so I can't use it. In this new version, FonthWidth() it's working? 'cuz I want to make a lil' game, but I can't. Please, help me!

Zethrax(Posted 2015) [#15]
You probably would have been better starting a new thread for this rather than necroing a 5 year old one that seems to be unrelated to the problem you're having.

Not sure what question you're asking or what problem you're having. You seem to be saying that you can't complete your project because the FontWidth command is broken in the BlitzPlus demo, but that it's fine in the full version. The full version became free a while back so just follow the directions on the 'Products' page to get a copy (link below).

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Products/_index_.php

If that isn't the solution to your problem then you'll need to take the time to write a proper description of the problem. If you want people to help you then you need respect their time by not making them have to try to guess at what you're actually asking or describing.

EDIT: OK I see the question you're asking. You want to know if the FontWidth command is broken in the newest release version of BlitzPlus. The best approach there is probably to download it and run some tests to see if it has the same issues you've encountered in the demo version.

Bear in mind though that the changeover from paid to free for BlitzPlus and Blitz3D seems to have introduced some issues (at least with Blitz3D), so you may encounter problems. Any problems you encounter will likely be fixed if you submit a bug report in the bug forum though.