Blitz+ programmer wants to learn Java

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Blitz+ programmer wants to learn Java

Gladclef - Ben B(Posted 2009) [#1]
Hey, I've been programming with Blitz for years and have really enjoyed the ability to program quickly and create programs with Blitz that run efficiently. To me, this program has only one downfall; It can't create applets for the web.

Now, I would like to learn Java essentially the same way that I learned Blitz --> by starting to program with simple commands at first, but later moving onto more complex commands by finding them in the library.

To put it simply, does anyone know of a program like Blitz that lets you program in one window and refer to the help in another, or a website that has a quick, comprehensive list of commands like Blitz does?

To all... thanks much.

epiblitikos(Posted 2009) [#2]
OSAKit.com

OSAKit is a free software that lets you embed your games (.exe's) into webpages--just like if they were java or flash.

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#3]
Python using ERIC is comparable to the BlitzIDE, as is C/C++ using CodeBlocks.

Most languages do not have very good IDE's, its one of the strong points of Blitz in my opinion.

As for Java, I suggest an IDE called jEdit, which does Java, Python, HTML, CSS, and a bunch of other things. You may have to install some plugins for it. Its free, open source software... Google it.

And as for learning Java, I suggest going online or to a bookstore and getting a good book. Generally the stuff you find on the internet will be crap anyway (if it's free) and books are easy to use while programming. Often times come with samples samples and software, and when you're done learning serve as a nice reference.

Gladclef - Ben B(Posted 2009) [#4]
Hey guys. Thanks for the suggestions (although if there are any more, they would be appreciated, too).

Nike(Posted 2009) [#5]
try
http://www.promotionsoft.com/web-game-builder/index.html