2D DirectX9 in Blitz (via userlibs)

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/2D DirectX9 in Blitz (via userlibs)

Dabhand(Posted 2008) [#1]
http://www.syntaxbomb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2418

Currently at v0.5, I'm looking to support this further, have a play, tell me what you think, or if it breaks (Probably)

I'm usually over there anyway, so if you dont mind, thats my 'offical' support forum.

Tar!

Dabz

Sauer(Posted 2008) [#2]
Alright cool, I'll give this a try later this week when I get more time (finals are approaching).

Thanks for taking the time to do this, I should finish up some stuff and try to do the same...

MGE(Posted 2008) [#3]
Post a direct download link here, I don't have a syntax bomb account and don't have time to. Thanks!

Dabhand(Posted 2008) [#4]
You dont need an account to download from the link in a thread, the link is open to guests

Shame you never had time just to look first!?! Oo

Okay, for anyone that hasnt got 3 seconds to follow a link:-

http://www.denathorn.co.uk/Files/DX9Plus0_5.zip

Cheers

Dabz

MGE(Posted 2008) [#5]
Don't assume someone is an ass. When clicking on the download link in the syntax forum non logged in users are shown this page:

http://www.syntaxbomb.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=409&d=1227473253

Which basically says...

"You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:"

Good luck with your project.

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#6]
Like MGE, I'm not going to join a forum just to download a file. Shame the author got a bit snitty about it as now I won't download from the direct link out of principle.

Dabhand(Posted 2008) [#7]
Well, I logged out of SB, was a guest and tested the download link, and it was champion here.

Don't assume someone is an ass.

I dont assume anything, people who know me, know that I mean what I say in the nicest possible way... If anyone was offended by my 7am (pre-work) post, then I apologize.

Shame the author got a bit snitty about it as now I won't download from the direct link out of principle.

Again, if I came across as a bot, it wasnt intentional, maybe I should of used a smiley, all I want is feedback about it, not an argie bargie of how I decide to distribute it! ;) <--- NOTICE WINK!!! :D

Dabz

GfK(Posted 2008) [#8]
Shame the author got a bit snitty about it as now I won't download from the direct link out of principle.
So juvenile. I'm sure the author won't lose any sleep over you and your 'principles'.

Funny how everybody's always bleating that Blitz doesn't use DX9, and when they're given it on a plate they complain about having to click on a sodding link to get it.

No supper for you.

Hotshot2005(Posted 2008) [#9]
I have checked it and work fine in BLITZ 3D.

welldone :)

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#10]
maybe I should of used a smiley, all I want is feedback about it,
I downloaded it, but do not have B3D or B+ to compile the examples. I would be happy to test any compiled examples for you :)

when they're given it on a plate they complain about having to click on a sodding link to get it.
So juvenile to change the facts to make your argument. The original complaint was having to join another forum just to download a file. Legit or not, most will simply see it as an email harvesting scheme.

GfK(Posted 2008) [#11]
So juvenile to change the facts to make your argument.
I didn't have to change any facts - you said it yourself.

most will simply see it as an email harvesting scheme.
Oh please.

What right do you think you have to speak for other people? As far as I can see, its just you being cynical.

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#12]
I didn't have to change any facts - you said it yourself.
I'm sorry, but you are wrong. You DID change the facts, you are the one who said: "they complain about having to click on a sodding link to get it."

Neither I or anybody else ever said that, only YOU did.

What right do you think you have to speak for other people?
What right do you have to speak for other people? What right do you have to change the facts to try and instigate an argument where one does not exist? What right do you have to say somebody said something when they clearly didn't?

As far as I can see, its just you being cynical.
Since you are the legendary expert on cynicism, I will take your word for it ;)

GfK(Posted 2008) [#13]
I'm sorry, but you are wrong. You DID change the facts, you are the one who said: "they complain about having to click on a sodding link to get it."

Neither I or anybody else ever said that, only YOU did.
Finished?

Dabhand(Posted 2008) [#14]
Just to clarify, SyntaxBomb does not harvest emails, I am a moderator over there, and spend lots of my online time at the place (2311 posts and counting), as well as donating half the vBulletin license fee for the site. I've also been on the BlitzBasic boards for 7 years, people know I'm not into anything like that.

The reason I created DX9Plus is because of the Abandoned thread thats floating around, which sort of shoved me to release an unmanaged library version of a piece of work I did.

So, if anyone does have anything to report regarding DX9Plus, SyntaxBomb is the place I will see it first, and is the reason I have made SyntaxBomb the home of DX9Plus. Plus, I dont want to be bouncing left, right and centre when answering questions.

All further updates, news, examples will be posted first over there...

So, if you are interested, then I would really appreciate it, personally, that you let me know there or email me (michael [ at ] denathorn.co.uk)

Thanks

Dabz

Dabhand(Posted 2008) [#15]
Just thought I'd post this:-

DX9_Graphics3D
DX9_Cls
DX9_Flip
DX9_SetClsColor
DX9_LoadImage
DX9_LoadMaskedImage
DX9_CreateTargetImage
DX9_DrawImage
DX9_DrawAnimImage
DX9_SetAlpha
DX9_SetScale
DX9_SetRotation
DX9_DegreeToRadian
DX9_End
DX9_LoadAnimImage
DX9_LoadMaskedAnimImage
DX9_ReleaseImage
DX9_HidePointer
DX9_ShowPointer
DX9_SetDefaultRenderTarget
DX9_SetRenderTarget
DX9_HandleImage
DX9_MidHandle
DX9_RotationHandle
DX9_MidRotation
DX9_ImageWidth
DX9_ImageHeight
DX9_FrameCount
DX9_DrawImageRect
DX9_DrawAnimImageRect
DX9_CopyImage
DX9_LoadFont
DX9_DrawText
DX9_ReleaseFont
DX9_SetFontColor
DX9_MouseX
DX9_MouseY

Thats whats in at the moment, not released, but they are done, got a few things to finish up, and its gravy! :)

Dabz

Hotshot2005(Posted 2008) [#16]
keep going Dabz :)

QuickSilva(Posted 2008) [#17]
Looking good. Is it possible to add a feature to disable texture filtering so that textures look sharp and pixelly for that retro look?

Keep up the good work,
Jason.

Dabhand(Posted 2008) [#18]
Cheers QuickSilva and HotShot! ;)

Is it possible to add a feature to disble texture filtering so that textures look sharp and pixelly for that retro look?

Not sure about that using sprites.. so I'll put that on the research TODO list! :D

Just a note: Can anyone confirm that after removing the 'Microsoft.VC90.CRT' folder from the same folder as the dll, that the application doesnt bork with a 'side-by-side' error on a machine that DOESNT have Visual C++ 2008 (Express) installed.

Tar

Dabz

Dabhand(Posted 2008) [#19]
New home for DX9 Plus:-

http://www.directxion.com

Still needs a bit more, erm, info, but theres a public download there for version 0.6.

Cheers

Dabz

GaryV(Posted 2008) [#20]
Awesome choice for a domain name!

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#21]
Will this give BlitzPlus improved transparency? I want semi transparent images in my game but there's no good way to do this with native B+...

Compt-Man(Posted 2009) [#22]
Yea Problay would impove transparency!

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#23]
Bugger, forgot... The source (C++) for this is here:-

http://dabz.syntaxbomb.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=26

It'll need rejigging to get it back to a DLL, nothing major though, or at least it shouldnt be! ;)

Dabz

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#24]
So we can expect a DLL soon?

And is there any transparency capability or not?

I've been getting around it by making every other line but its pretty shoddy for anything complex.

Thanks Dabz

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#25]

And is there any transparency capability or not?

Alpha is in, as in real-time alpha, yes, as well as real-time rotation & scaling.

It works pretty much the same as BlitzMax's graphical commands

So we can expect a DLL soon?

I afraid I wont have time as I'm knacker deep in another project which seemed to overtake this one... Which is why I released the source. :(

The code is all there, so someone may be able to package it up better than me if they are interested.

Sorry if that seems like a bombshell Sauer mate... Maybe have a tinker yourself! ;)

Never too late to do a drop of C++!!! ;D

Dabz

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#26]
Well I'm currently in the process of learning C at school, but in looking at some stuff about DLL's, I think (make that 'know') it is beyond my abilities at this point. Plus I'm assuming C != C++ in many aspects.

I went into Code::Blocks, my C/C++ IDE and tried using the 'create DLL' option but the whole 'having no idea what I'm doing' thing really got in my way.

I appreciate what you have done though, and hopefully someone of more use than I will attempt to do this.

Either that or I'll come back in a year or two with a bit more knowledge and do it myself ;)

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#27]
Check out the BlitzPlus/userlibs folder for a quick read-me .txt file regarding how to build DLL's, then use them in BlitzPlus! :)

Dabz

Sauer(Posted 2009) [#28]
Well I was reading way to far into the articles I found about DLL's. Seems a lot less complicated than I imagined, and I'd like to give it another go.

It seems your site is down though, and the syntax bomb thread does not exist any more either.

Dabhand(Posted 2009) [#29]
Here you go:-

http://www.dabz.syntaxbomb.com/Files/srcDX9Plus1_0.zip

Let me know how you get on Sauer! :)

Dabz