F-Userlib.exe

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/F-Userlib.exe

Pipes(Posted 2008) [#1]
Recently searching the forums for information about using dlls and creating decls files, I found this bit of info:

"I used the Tool 'F-Userlib.exe' that came with my Blitz+, but it only created the .decls-file including the line
.lib "

What is this 'F-Userlib.exe' program??? I don't seem to have it with my Blitz+ package.

I'm want to use a .rtf text area in Blitz + from a dll that I found on the net that allows hi-liting of words etc. However I have no idea how to find out what the function calls are or even how to create the .rtf text area control. Somebody please point me in the right direction.

Abrexxes(Posted 2008) [#2]
However I have no idea how to find out what the function calls

You can try this to see the functions in the dll : http://www.dependencywalker.com/

That is the first that you must have, else you can not write a decls to use this functions with blitz.

bye

Pipes(Posted 2008) [#3]
Many thanks for the help Abrexxes. I downloaded the program dependencywalker and examined the rich edit dll. (It was all greek to me) I'm not sure just what it was I was looking at.
I don't especially like to program in windows. It's an enormus complicated mess in my opinion. That's why I have Blitz+. It wraps most of the complicated mess into a more simplistic form. I like to keep it simple. However, Blitz+ is limited in what you can accomplish with it. Seems as though Blitz+ was abandoned and BlitzMax became the #1 choice.
I bought Blitz+ a few years ago looking forward to the updates that never seem to appear. Don't get me wrong, I like blitz3D. It seems that WinBlitz3D has exceeded Blitz+. However, WinBlitz doesn't have much documentation.
Does anyone know about 'F-Userlib.exe' I mentioned in my first post?