BlitzPlus and Vista

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/BlitzPlus and Vista

Armor Nick(Posted 2007) [#1]
As I was reading through the BlitzPlus manual, I noticed that it uses DirectPlay and DirectShow. Later, I read that these two APIs are going to be removed by Microsoft. Vista no longer supports them. I like programming with BlitzPlus, and I don't want it to stop working.

My question is, will BlitzPlus be changed according to the changes made to Windows?

Also, I plan on purchasing Blitz3D, but Microsoft plans giving up on DirectX 9 in the future. Will Blitz3D support DX10 when the need arises?

ChristianK(Posted 2007) [#2]
DirectShow is now part of Windows SDK instead of DirectX, but Microsoft did not remove it.
I'm not sure, but I think MS has even improved it's performance for Windows Vista.

I don't know much about DirectPlay, but maybe you could use external libraries for networking.

My question is, will BlitzPlus be changed according to the changes made to Windows?

No!

Will Blitz3D support DX10 when the need arises?

No! :P

Wings(Posted 2008) [#3]
what i can tell it works in vista..

Havent messed with the gfx mode yet :D

VIP3R(Posted 2008) [#4]
Image masking in BlitzPlus doesn't work correctly with Vista in some cases, but you can work around it...

http://www.blitzmax.com/Community/posts.php?topic=68674

scoop(Posted 2008) [#5]
Hmm. I'm finding the IDE (typing) and some of my apps are running like mud in Vista - I'm talking 1fps in some of the worse cases.

Anyone else had this in Vista, before I go inspecting & updating all my drivers (which should be up to date anyway)?

Sauer(Posted 2008) [#6]
Yeah I have a game that runs with like 11 FPS, and it certainly shouldn't. Its just drawing 100 numbers to the screen, nothing complicated.

I'm glad I found this thread because I don't really know what to do about it.