Random Access- Sound

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Random Access- Sound

Moore(Posted 2007) [#1]
Is there anyway to gain random access to a sound file. To rewind, fastforward and skip through a sound file? Is there anyway, without playing a sound file to know its runtime?

b32(Posted 2007) [#2]
You could maybe check out Blitzbass ? However, I'm not sure if it runs with B+

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#3]
Hi,
it "runs" 100% under B+ . The only thinks that you can not run is the source of "DREAMPLAYER" because this use 3D commands for the visualisation. But all the demos must work.

If there is a B+ user with problems post them, so i can fix problems .

thanks (link = signatur)

Moore(Posted 2007) [#4]
You guys ROCK! Thanks I'll give it a try.

Moore(Posted 2007) [#5]
Abrexxes, The Help docs are not opening? I get an Unknown Publisher message then it "opens" and I can see the structure on the left but none of the individual topics will display on the right. All I get is Navigation to the web page has been canceled?

rs22(Posted 2007) [#6]
Right click the CHM file and click "Unblock".

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#7]
Yep, i think that is a new "feature" of vista. Right?

The CHM Files are the original files from un4seen. I have not changed them in any way.

I will make a notice in the about_vista.txt for this.

bye

Moore(Posted 2007) [#8]
Ahh, Thanks that worked. BUT I don't have Vista. I have XP Home service pack 2. Thank you!

xlsior(Posted 2007) [#9]
Yep, i think that is a new "feature" of vista. Right?

No, IIRC that 'feature' got introduced in XP SP2...

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#10]
Hmmm... i have XP prof. sp2, never seen this problem. Also i have no "unblock" for this. (XP 2002 Sp2). But i will make a generall note somewhere.

Thanks

Moore(Posted 2007) [#11]
Hey Abrexxes is sec the smallest unit for sample/ch position? By the way this software is great! Hats off to you man! :)

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#12]
hi,
the "software" is from un4seen, i have "only" made the bb port . So you must thank "Ian". :)

BASS_ChannelGetPosition returns the possition in "byte", not in seconds.

bye

Moore(Posted 2007) [#13]
Ok, I want to create a waveform visualization for a sample. This is the code I used and BASS_ChannelGetData returns nothing. Do I have to load the sample as a stream? What would that look like?

For i = 0 To bytes - 1 Step 4 ; read every float in the channel
BASS_ChannelSetPosition(sndCh, i)
BASS_ChannelGetData(sndCh,sndData,BASS_DATA_FLOAT)
value# = PeekFloat(sndData, 0)
Line x, 100, x, 100 - value
x = x + 1
newTime = MilliSecs()
If newTime - oldTime > 1000 Then
; update progress
oldTime = newTime
SetGadgetText lLbl, "Progress: " + Str((i/bytes) * 100) + "% Value:" + value
End If
Next

Abrexxes(Posted 2007) [#14]
Hi, BASS_DATA_FLOAT returns only a floating point value, so beetwen 0 and1.

Try --> Line x,100,x,(100*value)

else i must take a look to BASS_DATA_FLOAT, we (hectic& i) works always with BASS_DATA_FTT. For this see spectrum_demo and the source off hectics dreamplayer(2) in the stuff folder.

P.s To test use a piece from the midle of a sample, it is possible that the first 100-500 bytes are really "0" because for a 44100/16bit sample , 100 bytes is absoletely nothing. So you can be shure that there are "really" values, also at the beginning.