Multi-Listbox

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Multi-Listbox

William Drescher(Posted 2007) [#1]
Does anyone know how to create list boxes with multiple title spaces and how to fill each of them in?

Alaric(Posted 2007) [#2]
...What?

Ked(Posted 2007) [#3]
You could probably use the User32 DLL to change the style of the single columned listbox into a multicolumn one. I don't have an example for you but you could do a search on MSDN for "Multicolumn Listbox". If you find out how to do it please be sure to let me know because having one of those would be a really good idea.

Andres(Posted 2007) [#4]
I've used WB3D for that -> http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=68745#768296

Ked(Posted 2007) [#5]
You can't use it with BlitzPlus though.

Andres(Posted 2007) [#6]
Yes you can:

Global MainWindow% = CreateWindow("Window", ClientWidth(Desktop()) / 2 - 650 / 2, ClientHeight(Desktop()) / 2 - 350 / 2, 650, 350, Desktop(), 1 + 2 + 4 + 8)

Global Tabber% = CreateTabber(0, 5, ClientWidth(MainWindow%) - 200, ClientHeight(MainWindow%) - 5, MainWindow)
Global ListBox% = WB3D_CreateListView(0, 30, ClientWidth(Tabber%), ClientHeight(Tabber%) - 30, QueryObject(Tabber%, 1), 0)
WB3D_SetGadgetExtendedStyle Listbox, LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT Or LVS_EX_GRIDLINES
WB3D_AddListViewColumn(Listbox%, 0, "Name", 150)
WB3D_AddListViewColumn(Listbox%, 1, "Size", 50)
WB3D_AddListViewColumn(Listbox%, 2, "Description", 100)
WB3D_AddListViewColumn(Listbox%, 3, "Link", 150)

Maybe there's something missing in that code, but i was able to create multicolmn listbox with it.

Kev(Posted 2007) [#7]
yea andres correct i have had some feedback from users using winblitz3d under blitzplus. athough im unsure just how much its intergratable.

kev

manu(Posted 2008) [#8]
I found a solution for that. It's very tricky because BlitzPlus doesn't support C-Strings with pointers at all. But finally I did it. Here is the source (standalone code without DLLs but with api-calls):