Losing Windows on DualScreen

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Losing Windows on DualScreen

Mental Image(Posted 2007) [#1]
I am having awful problems on my dual screen display with Windows apps created with Blitzplus. If I change the display settings, I can lose windows previously associated with my Blitzplus apps. This happens to both my apps and to others (such as Blitvision).

Why should this be so, and is there a fix?

Sonari Eclipsi Onimari(Posted 2007) [#2]
Well, if you can network two compters side by side, there might be a solution. Google Maxivista.... This might work... Good luck!

Mental Image(Posted 2007) [#3]
Thanks, but I don'tthink that would help. What happens is this:

I create an application on my 2 monitor setup, but the arrangement is different at work. I can't control where the windows go, so if I then run an application on a different single or 2 monitor setup, the window won't appear.

I might just have to resort to single screen for coding in Blitz!

Petron(Posted 2007) [#4]
You could purchase a 'monitor splitter' that instead of showing a dual screen setup, it makes the computer think that is is just a single wide monitor. I don't remember what it was called, but there was an ad for that equipment in PC Gamer.

Mental Image(Posted 2007) [#5]
Okay, the problem was caused by the form designer I used (Blitvision) putting a screen width negative offset into the x position of the CreateWindow command.

Thanks for the help and suggestions.