Window Titlebar Buttons

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Window Titlebar Buttons

William Drescher(Posted 2007) [#1]
How can I make the Maximize button on a window's titlebar disabled, but keep the minimize and close buttons active?
Also, how can I make the minimize button disabled, but keep the maximize and close buttons acitve?

Timjo(Posted 2007) [#2]
I've struggled to find a way to achieve this too but there doesn't seem to be a way to override these functions once set in your createwindow command. The only way that I have to get around the problem is to set the flags in createwindow so that the window is not re-sizeable(don't add 2), then make your own buttons to replace the missing ones. You can then check for gadget actions($401) and maximize/minimize the window where appropriate. Not entirely satisfactory, I know, but it does the job. Anyone out there with a more elegant approach, please let us know....Timjo

William Drescher(Posted 2007) [#3]
Well........I know of a way with using Windows Stylebits WS_MAXIMIZEBOX and WS_MINIMIZEBOX (which are equal to 65536 and 131072, respectivly) but I have no way of telling Windows whether to remove or add the bits into the window. I use another programming language known as Liberty BASIC and all I need to do on that is call
Stylebits #WinHandle,AddBits,RemoveBits,AddExtendedBits,RemoveExtendedBits

i'm not sure how do do such a thing in BlitzPlus though