Wallpaper

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Wallpaper

Starwar(Posted 2007) [#1]
Hi guys. Iīm searching the file of the Wallpaper. You know. The picture. (Sorry english isnīt so good ;-)). I want to program a slideshow as a wallpaper for my dads

Siopses(Posted 2007) [#2]
You mean like Microsoft Powerpoint? Or a background that
changes its picture over time like a slideshow?

Andres(Posted 2007) [#3]
Siopses, the last one i guess.

Starwar, AFAIK you need to use registry to change wallpaper.

Starwar(Posted 2007) [#4]
I tried with HTML. but it flicker.

Andres(Posted 2007) [#5]
Try changing wallpaper from registry:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\"

Andy_A(Posted 2007) [#6]
How about a slide show type program where everytime you click or press the 'space bar' a new picture comes up. Should be very easy to program.

Or you could make a screensaver program (screen saver code outline has been posted somewhere) where the pictures change after a certain amount of time has passed.

Unless you know how to change the registry correctly, you could make a mess of the computer until you restored registry from a back-up. Not too complicated, yet complicated enough to make it a chore.

Starwar(Posted 2007) [#7]
Itīs th right Reg-Key. Thanks Andres. But when I change the Reg-Key the Wallpaaper donīt change. Only the Example in the Display Properties. :ī-(. I have to klick the Apply or OK button in the DPs to change the Wallpaper. Any idea?

Petron(Posted 2007) [#8]
Just make a gif image and set it as your background. It is easier that programming anything. I use Coffie CUp Gif animator. It would work good for a project like this. I have tried it and it works.

Starwar(Posted 2007) [#9]
Can you give me a link?
Yes, I thought about your idea. But I tought about the idea. But I want to program a Program. May I can program a program to make a gif-pic and set it as a wallpaper. But I think thatīs not a good way.

Starwar(Posted 2007) [#10]
Can I copy Bunny?

Petron(Posted 2007) [#11]
Yes you can copy the bunny, I did from a different forum. Here is a link http://www.coffeecup.com/gif-animator/

Starwar(Posted 2007) [#12]
thank you guy