Blitz2D, BlitzPlus revival !

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Blitz2D, BlitzPlus revival !

Réno(Posted 2007) [#1]
I am working on my next game. I was interested in making sprites transparency, scaling, etc for making modern 2D.

I know that we can't do that with Blitz2D or BlitzPlus.

So I checked for "Extended Blitz 2D v. 1.60", some great functions created by Patrick Lester alias "aka turtle1776".

I was a newbie Blitz coder when he released the first versions, and I didn't understand how to use the functions.

Now, with this last version, I am completely amazed by his work ! All is very simple to use, powerfull, fast and very well documented !

If you are interested with "Extended Blitz 2D v. 1.60", if you didn't heard about this, try this link :

http://www.blitzcoder.com/cgi-bin/showcase/showcase_showentry.pl?id=turtle177605192003023744&comments=no

Good coding !

mrbombermillzy(Posted 2007) [#2]
Yep.That function really put enough back into BB so as to keep it still worth using.Im still programming with the original Blitz Basic, and will one day release my game with it, most probably using the above mentioned library. I expect there are still a few more people round here using Blitz basic. If you keep at it long enough, you can do things that were beyond the scope of the language.Remember all the unbelieveable graphics demos that came out 10 years after the demise of the c-64/spectrum/amiga?

Réno(Posted 2007) [#3]
edit:
sorry, wrong post...

é_é