Reverse queryobject()?

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Reverse queryobject()?

Alaric(Posted 2006) [#1]
Lately I've been working on my own blitz gui editor that will inlcude user32.dll abillities (such as readonly text fields) for creating more advanced GUI's. However, I've run into a problem when it comes to detecting selection of text fields. I've found the getfocus() user32 command here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=22605#239049, but I need a way to return the blitz handle of the hwnd because I have soooo many dynamically generated gadgets that using queryobject() on each of them just doesn't seem feasible. Any takers?

Alaric(Posted 2006) [#2]
O.k., got past the last problem (ended up just using queryobject() on all of them). Now, I'm looking for a way to use pointers to access blitz+ variables. I tried creating my own userlib, but what should the return types for the functions be; and how do you return something that you can use as a pointer in blitz? I was thinking about having two functions in the userlib. One to get a pointer to the variable, and one to write integers to the variable. Anyone know the answers to the above to questions? Or, better yet, a different way than creating a userlib?

Alaric(Posted 2006) [#3]
O.k. I decided just to use global variables instead of pointers... Although its rather brute force... Yet another question, however. I need a way to edit a gadget's style (and possibly the gadget's group as well) without freeing the gadget and recreating it. Obviously, if you free a gadget (such as a window) you will delete its children gadgets as well, and it wouldn't look very good to just remake *all* the gadgets that the user has created every time they decide that they DO need a menu on one of their windows after all. Hmm... anyone think I should just start a new thread for this project? I didn't want to hold too many of the top threads in the forum, but I'm not getting a very good response with the current title...