Arrays Inside Types

BlitzPlus Forums/BlitzPlus Programming/Arrays Inside Types

Alaric(Posted 2006) [#1]
I'm working on a battle simulator for a game which my friends and I play. I have most of the program down, but I have a minor problem. I want to incorporate multiple "Teams" that will fight eachother, and I also want to be able to list out all of the NPC's/players that are on any team. However, simply scanning through types to find which characters have the team set to the character\meta\team.team type field seems rather slow and kluge. I know that in C/C++ I could create classes/stucts with arrays inside of them, but how do I do this with types in Blitz? That way I could just make a list of pointers to the NPC's/players and store it into the array. Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Alaric(Posted 2006) [#2]
Hmm... I suppose I could just use a bank and create my own array from scratch, but arrays would still be easier. So the question still stands, is there any way to use arrays inside of types?

Beaker(Posted 2006) [#3]
Type player
Field stuff
End Type

Type Team
Field p.player[20]
End Type

Alaric(Posted 2006) [#4]
Hmm... I actually did wonder if that would do it, but I figured that there were so few similarities between blitz and C++ syntax that it wouldn't be worth trying. Thanks for the quick hint, I'll put it to good use.